Date is after game day. Date headlines are done at https://fontmeme.com/retro-fonts/ with typeface BirminghamTitlingBold size 20 no effect colour #100000
WERNDDU, CAERPHILLY - The season opener mistakes of Arrows' Seeker Kathryn Cleveland came back to haunt her as our counterpart Caio Bivens of the hometown Catapults capitalised on several Appleby mistakes to come out with the win.
· In regular scoring the two teams were well matched; Arrows' Captain Ewan Graham and Catapults' Oswallt Gough both led their fellow Chasers in a spirited back-and-forth match, testing the limits of Keepers Maxwell Owen and local Gweneth Caddick. see CATAPULTS, page ᚦ3
FALMOUTH, CORNWALL - The Falmouth Falcons have always been known for their dedication and determination, and it was put to the test last night against the savage brutality of Beater Captain Martainn MacLuinge and his Wanderers.
· Unfortunately for the defenders, second-string Seeker Thomas Malaurie wasn't up to facing his Scottish counterpart Lachlann Maclain, and when push came to shove, it was Maclain who ended up capturing the Golden Snitch. see WANDERERS, page ᚦ3
CHUDLEIGH, DEVON - In an absolutely unshocking turn of events, the visiting Ballycastle Bats roundly kicked the snot out of the defending Cannons, continuing Chudley Captain Tanner Cooper's perfect record... of zero wins this season.
· Speculation had been rampant prior to this season given the occasional wins Cooper's see BATS, page ᚦ4
This Week's Games
Puddlemere United @ Gravesend Griffins;
Pride of Portree @ Kenmare Kestrels;
Tutshill Tornados @ Holyhead Harpies;
Montrose Magpies @ Wimbourne Wasps
SEKIOTOVO, RYAZAN - Rumours abound that the golden age of Ryazan Captain Mikhail Andrejov might be spiralling into disaster, and it was apparent during his Saturday morning defence against the Donetsk Miners.
· Beater Captain Nazar Nesternko of the Miners was responsible in fair part for Ryazan's poor scoring during the game; Donetsk out-goaled the defenders 13 hoops to 10, not counting the distraction shots that caused Ryazan's aim to fail. see MINERS, page ᚦ4
VESNYANE, MYKOLAIV - Last year the Minsk Saints might have really struggled, but as of yesterday evening they now claim two wins out of their three games, and it is instead their latest opponents - the Mykolaiv Shields - who have a 0-and-3 record.
· Saints Captain and Seeker Aleh Yaroš deserves much of the accolades and bears much of the burden, as one of the few Seeker-Captains in the sport (the only other ESL team like so is the Diamonds). see SAINTS, page ᚦ5
LYSYNYCHI, LVIV - It's not been a good round for the Big Three, as just like the Re'ems, the Moscow Metalmen under command of Captain Veronika Petrova came out with a second season loss when the faced the Lviv Kings yesterday afternoon.
· Petrova's strategies still put the Metalmen at a higher goaling percentage than the Kings, before Seeker Josyp Stelmakh was see KINGS, page ᚦ5
No Games This Week;
Russia and Belarus observe
Defender of the Fatherland Day