September 16, 2019, 05:46:49 PM

Author Topic:  bright eyes, subtle variations of blue {eva}  (Read 540 times)

Theoren Odell [ Order of The Phoenix ]
1968 Posts  •  24 Years  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Cam
bright eyes, subtle variations of blue {eva}
« on: July 11, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »
A low, feral groan rose up from within the darkness, seeming unnaturally loud in the heavy silence.  The only light was that which fell through an opening in the opaque curtains that hung over the single window.  For being such a thin stream of light, it was ruthlessly bright.  It poured over Theoren’s eyelids, dragging him unwillingly from his deep sleep.  He held up a clumsy hand in protest, trying to block the source of agony, only to realize that it didn’t help with that part so much.  He grunted again.  It felt like his head had been cleaved in two.  The pain shot through his temples and pounded through the back of his skull, throbbing in time with his pulse.  Frowning and keeping his eyes tightly closed, Theoren ran his tongue over his teeth.  He felt miserable.  His mouth and throat were unpleasantly dry, and his whole body was uncomfortably hot and sticky.

It must have been some night.

With a heaving grunt, Theoren rolled over in bed.  The movement caused his head to give a spiteful throb.  He squinted out of his heavy eyelids and, to his surprise – sort of – he discovered the soft curve of a female form under the sheets beside him.  What was actually unexpected about the sight of her was the mess of rainbow-coloured hair that draped over her pillow.

Eva?  Had they…?  Blinking hard, Theoren ran his hands over his bare chest and – oh, yep.  He was definitely naked.  Exhaling loudly at this revelation, Theoren fell back onto his pillow.  Kneading his eyelids with his fists, he wracked his brain for some shred of a memory of what had happened the night before.  Instead, he had a flash of something else – an image, an echo of a dream.  It was bizarre and somewhat frightening – eating a roasted grasshopper that was speared on a stick.  What a peculiar dream that had been!  It started coming back to him in pieces.  Something about catching a Portkey to see this so-called Flower Mountain, and then not knowing how to get there… wandering through the crowded, winding streets full of stands of merchandise and strange food and people speaking a language he couldn’t understand.  And they never did end up finding the Flower Mountain.  They?  Right, Eva had been with him the whole time.  She’d been a Muggle, or something, in the dream – she didn’t have the ability to use magic and so he’d had to protect her.

Letting his forearm drape over his eyes, blocking out the world, Theoren tried to remember more.  How odd that he should dream about Eva and then wake up beside her.  His dreams weren’t normally that linear.  Not that he could exactly call elusive mountains made of flowers and Muggle-Eva linear – but still.  He tried again to recall how they had wound up in this situation.  Last night… last night, it had been Eva’s birthday party, hadn’t it?  They were at the pub, celebrating, drinking, having a great time… but that was the last thing he could remember.  Except…

Theoren sat up abruptly, blinking at his surroundings.  Where were they?  He didn’t recognize this place; it didn’t look like anywhere he’d ever been before.  The room was small, cramped and stuffy, with bare walls papered in dark floral patterns, and it had the unmistakable air of being previously and frequently occupied.  Like a hostel.  But that in itself wouldn’t have been so unusual – there was something else giving him a feeling of displacement.

What if they really had done everything he thought he remembered?  Energized by this thought, Theoren swung his legs over the side of the bed, letting the blankets fall off of him as he stepped over to the window.  He wobbled slightly, the pounding headache setting him off-balance.  Pulling the curtain back a fraction of an inch – and squinting against the too-bright light – Theoren peered out at the world beyond.  What he saw surprised him.  Buildings of unusual shapes, a vast green landscape, and sloping blue mountains beyond.  Theoren’s lips parted in alarm.  Maybe it hadn’t been a dream, after all.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:56:01 AM by Theoren Odell »

Eva [ Inactive Character ]
2052 Posts  •  pansexy
Re: bright eyes, subtle variations of blue {eva}
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:13:20 AM »
Oh boy. What was happening? Eva wondered if she could move. She was struggling to be fully awake, and had been in this twilight state for what felt like an hour at least. Her body hurt. The Bulgarian decided to chance opening one eye. Just one, and only a crack. It couldn’t hurt could it? She tried it. It hurt. Well that was no good, she thought crossly, both of her eyes firmly shut again. A part of her felt horribly restless, but she wasn’t entirely sure that she’d be able to get up without throwing up or falling over, so she stayed still. This went on for quite a while, until finally a masculine sounding grunt woke her up properly. She waited for a little while longer before slowly opening her eyes and shifting to look at the male form standing by the window. The naked male form. She blinked in surprise.

Had they slept together? No. There he was, naked, but she knew that they hadn’t. Things from the previous night had started coming back, and Eva raked through them for the memories that might explain why they were here. The rainbow-haired girl watched him silently for a moment. No, they hadn’t even kissed last night. The thought had crossed her mind, for sure. They were young, drunk and enjoying each others’ company. High on life. From what she could remember, however, there had been some kind of competition with the alcohol. Shots were involved. The image of a large collection of shot glasses piled in front of them flashed in her memory. Eva realised that it was no wonder that they’d been way too drunk to really consider anything either than falling into bed and passing out immediately. She’d ditched her party and her friends (had she left her wand with Elaine?) to run off with this young man.

Eva’s gaze travelled from the top of his head over his toned back and right down to the floor. Slowly. “How indecent,” she spat coolly, as if his nudity offended her. If the man turned around, however, he’d see that her sleepy expression had been replaced with a grin. “Put some pants on, wont you?” The girl threw a pillow at him with a light laugh, but even that movement had her feeling a little queasy. Eva pulled the sheets off of her legs and swung them over the side of the bed. Her teeth were gross. Her mouth tasted gross. It became apparent to her quickly that she wasn’t wearing pants either, just a thin singlet and her underwear. Oh well. The tall girl stood, straightening her arms up above her head and closing her eyes for a moment as she stretched. Tilting her head slowly to the side, Eva tried to work the kinks out of her back.

When she was done, the Bulgarian went over to him to look out of the window. She tried not to breathe too much, and kept her mouth shut. Her breath was disgusting. Eva wiped some crap out from under her eyes (make-up smudges, classy!) and took a peek outside. This was nuts. It didn’t top her list of craziest experiences, but waking up in China with a naked man… well, it was up there. The girl turned to Theoren and gave him a quick little kiss on the neck before flouncing off to the bathroom. She reflected on how nice it was that he was taller than her, and how ridiculous it was that he was about a foot taller than Elaine. Her long legs carried her to the bathroom, where she promptly wiped out the make-up from under her eyes. “Only one toothbrush!” she called out in a sing-song voice. “Sloppy seconds for you.” The girl brushed her teeth eagerly with the little toothbrush and provided toothpaste. Her hair was a mess, but there wasn’t much she could do about that. She cupped water from the tap in her hands and drank deeply.

The girl popped back out to their room, feeling much better. Their room. How bizarre. "Crazy night," she commented with a faint smile, "How do you feel?" The girl walked around to her side of the bed. Skin tight gold shorts were probably not appropriate for daytime, but they were all she had, so the girl picked them up off of the floor and pulled them over her long legs.

D o n ' t     y o u     k n o w     p e o p l e     w r i t e     s o n g s     a b o u t     g i r l s     l i k e    y o u   ?    

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:42:19 AM »
The remark caused Theoren to turn, slightly startled to find his bed partner wide awake.  Catching her expression, Theoren returned her grin with a crooked smirk of his own.  She seemed about as miserable as he felt, but this didn’t manage to extinguish that little spark of energy he always found when he met her eyes.  He caught the pillow that she tossed to him and held it in front of himself, though her tone suggested to him that she was probably just teasing.  It was Eva, after all.  “If I can find them,” he assented, and glanced around the room in search of his clothes.  The headache made it hard for him to focus his eyes on anything, but fortunately he didn’t have to look far; they were piled on the floor at his side of the bed.  As Eva hopped up – quite a bit more clothed than he was at the moment, he noticed – he picked them up from the floor and began untangling them with his free hand.  Eva came around the bed to peer out the window, and then went back to the lavatory, but not before placing a small kiss on his neck.  It seemed a very intimate thing to do, and as he gave her an uncertain smile, it only made him wish once more that he could remember more of what had happened last night.

When she announced that there was only one toothbrush, Theoren chuckled quietly to himself.  “I’m not frightened,” he called toward the lavatory.  He took a seat on the edge of the bed and began pulling his underwear and pants back on.  Nah, they probably hadn’t slept together – he would remember it if they had.  Admittedly, he must have been extremely intoxicated to have wound up here, but he was sure that was something he wouldn’t have forgotten.  Not with someone like her; she was bound to be pretty wild in bed.

The rest of it was starting to come back to him a little easier, now – being at the pub, chatting with Eva about going hiking one day, and that was how they’d started on about how the Flower Mountain in China was supposed to be the most dangerous hike in the world.  He had loved the sound of that.  But… Flower Mountain?  What a name.  It certainly didn’t sound dangerous.  Or even very exciting, for that matter.  Buttoning up his pants, Theoren leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, rubbing his temples with is fingers.  He was miserable.  On top of the headache, his whole body felt heavy, and there was a gnawing ache in his stomach that made him feel both empty and nauseas at the same time.  He hadn’t had a hangover this bad in a while.

“Mm,” he agreed, “I honestly thought it was a dream.”  Theoren shook his head in disbelief, and turned so that his back wasn’t to her, leaning on one elbow.  “I feel…” he began, pausing long enough to choose adequate words, “bloody fuckin’ awful.”  A smile cracked his severe expression and he couldn’t help but chuckle.  “You?”

2052 Posts  •  pansexy
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »
Ugh.

It was always the lethargy that got to her the most when she was hungover. Eva didn’t throw up often, and she had quite a high drinking tolerance, especially for a woman, but lethargy was a problem. She felt like she could fall back into bed right now and never get out of it. “You might catch something,” she called back jokingly from the bathroom. When she was done in there, the young witch came back out to get properly dressed. If a little singlet and shiny shorts could count as proper. “I feel great,” she lied brightly. “Like I’ve been hit by a train. My muscles hurt – where did we walk from?” The girl rolled her shoulders back a couple of times and fell back onto the bed with a thud, her arms stretched out above her head.

Wiggling her fingers and toes, the rainbow haired girl arched her back, stretching like a cat. Merlin, she was sore. Maybe they’ actually swam across the ocean or something. She rolled over lazily onto her tummy and folded her arms; resting her chin on there and watching him silently with wide, blue eyes. A little while passed without either of them speaking. “I’m gonna have to get some clothes,” she told him, scrunching her mouth to the side thoughtfully. Eva chewed on the inside of her cheek for a second before adding, “Do you have any muggle money? Or… any money at all?” The girl hadn’t even considered the possibility that he might want to go home. That he might, maybe have a scrap of common sense that told him that being in China was not a good idea.

“Do you know how we got here?” she asked, a frown interrupting her thoughtful expression. It must have been expensive. Portkey? Carpet? Floo? It would have been a mix of things, she decided. It could have potentially taken hours. “Actually…” the girl thought for a moment. Yes, she definitely had a clear memory of pressing her wand into Elaine’s hands and telling the witch that she was going for a hike. Oh, Merlin. Her brunette friend was used to her crazy antics, but still… “Do you have your wand with you?” she asked, wondering what they’d do if he’d somehow gotten rid of his too.

Eva rolled over again and slid slowly off of the bed like a sloth. Ughhhh she was tired. When she was on her feet, the girl pulled on the boots that she’d somehow kicked off and left by the door the previous night. She’d been wearing stockings too, but apparently whatever they’d gotten up to the previous night had them full of holes. Huh. The girl ran her hands through her straggly hair. If she'd had her wand, there might have been something she could do about it, but she didn't. She could be thankful for one thing though, and that was that she hadn't worn heels. Eva didn't wear them often, since her 5'11 frame usually towered over everyone anyway. Elaine in her tallest heels still barely came up to Eva's eyeline. Oh well, in some cases it was beneficial. Like right now. She hovered at the door. A shower would be nice, but there was a need that was trumping her desire to be clean right now. "I wanna get breakfast," she told her friend seriously. Food was serious business.

D o n ' t     y o u     k n o w     p e o p l e     w r i t e     s o n g s     a b o u t     g i r l s     l i k e    y o u   ?    

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 10:42:26 PM »
She was funny.  She was always funny.  Theoren chuckled to himself again and shook his head.  “I don’t know,” he murmured into his hands.  “I don’t even really know where we are.”  Forcing himself to stand – and no exaggeration there, as it was very tempting just to fall back into bed beside her – Theoren stumbled toward the washroom to wash his face and rinse out his mouth.  He stared, bleary-eyed, at his reflection for a moment – he looked about as awful as he felt, which was pretty awful.  His face was puffy from sleep, and under his eyes, the skin was dark with exhaustion.  Theoren groaned and ran his fingers through his messy hair.  The headache was the worst of it, definitely.  The nausea was there, but it didn’t seem bad enough that he might throw up.  He rarely did.  But he also rarely felt this bad after a night at the pub.

When he reemerged from the washroom just moments later, he found Eva exactly where he left her.  “Mm,” he murmured heavily, “I’ve got a couple of galleons, I think.”  He dug his hands into his pockets in search of something, but they were empty.  “But… I spent them to get us here.”  He sighed and sat on the edge of the armchair that was positioned near the window.  “Portkey, remember?”  It had been expensive, but ‘worth it,’ they’d decided.  And he usually didn’t carry much gold on him in the first place.

“I hope so,” he answered.  He bent forward to rifle through his pile of possessions and found it there, tangled in his shirt.  “Here it is,” he answered.  “You didn’t lose yours, did you?”  That would have explained the part about her being a Muggle in his dream.  Well, not dream.  Theoren frowned.  He unwound his twisted shirt and shook it out before pulling it over his head.

As Eva stood up and drifted toward the door, announcing that she needed breakfast, he nodded.  “Best idea you’ve had all morning,” he said and grinned.  He needed coffee.  But he wondered how they’d pay for it.  Maybe someone would take pity on them.  Theoren was good for the money, though he doubted any place would accept an IOU.  Unless China was different than Britain.  At least it wouldn’t cost anything to Apparate home.

2052 Posts  •  pansexy
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 09:55:24 PM »
Portkey, remember?

“No.” Eva shook her head, a playful grin gracing her features. “No, I don’t really remember much at all. My stockings are shot through with ladders and there are bruises on my arms and I feel like I’ve been hit by a train.” The Bulgarian girl gave an easy-going shrug. “But I don’t remember any kind of portkey. Where was it from? How did we get there?” The girl listed off appropriate questions, but really she was quite thankful for the whole situation. It was exciting, and it already looked like a story she’d be able to tell later. An exciting one. Besides… Eva loved Asia. She preferred Japan to China, and she couldn’t speak the language at all, but the culture shock was always a thrill.

There was something terribly exciting about being plunged into a country where you didn’t know anyone, any customs, or even any words of its native language. Thrilling, even. Eva stretched her arms above her head as she hovered by the door. “I think I left it with a friend last night,” she told him, tilting her head to the side gently and trying to work out a few more kinks. He was finally dressed and making his way over, so the girl let her arms drop back to her sides and opened their door. How had they even paid for this place? How had they been sober enough to offer payment? Eva didn’t know. Little flashes and disconnected blurs were returning to her now, but they really weren’t anything clear enough to explain everything.

She made her way down a light wooden hallway and came to some steps. Down she went. “How are we going to pay for breakfast?” she asked, casting a quick glance over her shoulder that made her neck twinge uncomfortably. The place they were staying in wasn’t too flash, but it was clean and airy and she couldn’t ask for anything else. The climate was… different. To say the least. Eva approached the reception lobby with some trepidation; a six foot tall Bulgarian girl in shiny gold clothes with rainbow hair was sure to stand out here.

The first people they came across were in reception and Eva felt like they were giving her and her acquaintance evil stares. The girl stopped for a moment, letting Theo catch up to her. She turned and rested a hand lightly on his chest. “I hope we didn’t break anything,” she whispered playfully, a mischievous look in her eye. "Out we go."

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 11:28:54 PM »
As she listed off her grievances, Theoren chuckled humourlessly and gave a commiserative nod.  Whatever had happened last night, they were certainly paying for it now.  Groaning, he pressed his fingers into his temples, and his features adopted a look of intense concentration as he tried to remember so that he could answer her questions.  “Neroli, wasn’t it?” he asked vaguely.  “The Portkey center there?”  That sounded right.  But the specifics surrounding the whole ordeal were a mystery to him.  He remembered thinking it was a genius idea, after realizing the Portkey Office in the Ministry in London would not have been open so late.  And likely would have been reluctant to cater to the whims of a pair of drunk kids, anyway, now that he thought about it.  The center in Neroli was much larger, provided international services and didn’t require an appointment.  And would have been far more likely to offer transportation to China.

China.  He could hardly believe it.  And now that they were here, Theoren wondered what they would do.  He wasn’t necessarily in a hurry to get back to England, and hoped Eva wasn’t, either – he wanted at least some portion of the experience to exist in memory, otherwise what was the point of it all?  And for that reason, last night almost didn’t seem to count.  Glancing around the room to make sure they weren’t forgetting anything, Theoren moved toward the door.  He hoped she had left her wand with a friend rather than lost it, though she didn’t seem too concerned.  “I don’t know,” he said with a weary laugh when she asked about how they would pay for breakfast.  “Suppose we’ll just have to charm them.  Or beg.  Maybe they’ll take pity on us.”  His stomach growled loudly as if to make a point.  Whatever they ended up doing, he definitely needed to eat before even considering anything else.

Following her through the corridor and into the lobby, Theoren gazed around without censoring his curiosity.  The place didn’t look remotely familiar, which was slightly concerning.  Upon spotting the reception desk, Theoren hesitated briefly.  It posed the question, how had they paid for their room?  He was almost certain he’d used all of his gold for the Portkey, and even if there had been a bit left over, it wouldn’t have been enough to cover the cost of the room.  He was distracted when Eva paused and turned toward him, placing a hand on his chest and speaking quietly to him.  The suggestive tone of her voice jarred something in him, and again Theoren found himself feeling confused.  But was she really being any more flirtatious with him than normal?  He still wasn’t entirely sure they hadn’t slept together, but he didn’t know how to appropriately address that curiosity.  If they hadn’t, it would have been the first time he’d awakened completely naked and beside a sleeping girl whom he hadn’t slept with.  But it would prove to be just one of several firsts the day had to provide.  Suppose they had, and she was offended that he couldn’t remember?

Another pressing concern was whether or not they had a debt to reconcile.  “Did we… pay for the room already?” he asked delicately as they pushed through the front door.  He doubted she would be any more likely to be able to remember than he, but he didn’t want to ignore it altogether.  As they stepped outside, the sunlight hit him with alarming force, and Theoren gave a quiet hiss and held an arm up to shield his eyes.  It was a moment before he dared peek at his surroundings.  They were in some kind of village or town – none of the buildings were very tall, and the winding lanes were narrow.  There were plenty of people about – many of whom looked to be tourists.  It looked nothing like the vague images he had from the night before – of tall buildings and streets crowded with vendors.  But surely there had to be some kind of restaurant nearby.

2052 Posts  •  pansexy
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 09:28:05 AM »
“But how did we get to Neroli?” Eva asked, narrowing her eyes in mock-suspicion at her companion. “How far can you apparate?” she asked curiously. Eva had never been able to transport herself over huge distances, though she knew there were some witches and wizards who could country hop. The girl doubted that Theoren could apparate them home from here (otherwise why did he pay so much for their portkey?). "Yeah, maybe," Eva answered vaguely. The girl was doubtful. She certainly didn't plan on begging for food. The witch realised that by charm he probably didn't mean in the magical way... and that being with Theo might prove to be a bit of a hindrance when it came to getting food. Eva was more than happy to use more devious methods of getting what she wanted. She shrugged absentmindedly as he asked if they'd paid yet. She definitely couldn't remember, and if she were honest, the girl didn't really care. Eva led them outside. She was much more interested in what was happening out there than what was going on inside.

Fuck, it was bright. The girl let out an unhappy groan as she squeezed her eyes shut tightly. Theo didn’t sound too pleased either, and the idea made Eva smile a little. Shared pain wasn’t so bad, was it? She squinted out at their surroundings. Theoren had stopped walking and Eva stopped too, standing close and resting her face against his chest like she wanted to burrow away in there. Eva was quite a touchy-feely girl. She curled her arms up in between them snugly. One thing she could be thankful for was the weather. Thank Merlin they hadn’t decided to go somewhere where it was winter. It was actually nicer here (here being somewhere in the Shaanxi province, she guessed, if they actually had reached their destination) than it had been in London the previous day. North-West China was nice this time of year apparently... if that was even where they were. Wherever they'd ended up, it was nicer than London. The tall girl was not a fan of Elaine’s chosen city.

Eva’s nose twitched as she took a couple of sniffs of the outside air. She could smell food somewhere nearby. It made her stomach rumble. The rainbow-haired girl placed a hand against her flat tummy. Mostly, it smelled like cooking meat. Eva had been a vegetarian and an on and off vegan for quite a while now, but she was hungry enough right now that she’d eat anything. The Bulgarian only worried that if she had a lot of meat right now it might make her sick. White meat would probably be fine, she mused… Eva moved away from Theo, taking a step out into the street as he started speaking. Beg for food? No thanks.

Eva wet her lips with a quick flick of her tongue. “Maybe we could steal some money,” she suggested airily, eyeing off a small brown bag a woman had clutched to her side as she hurried past. She followed the woman with her gaze, twisting her head back over her shoulder and eventually spinning around on one heel until she was facing Theoren again. Grinning at him mischievously, the girl gave his chest a soft bump with her shoulder. “Just a couple of sickles, I’m sure they wouldn’t be missed.” Eva said this half-jokingly, knowing that her friend would definitely not be into thievery at all. Eva wouldn’t have any qualms with it. She’d have even less trouble with stealing food… "Come on," she said, grabbing her friend's hand and choosing a direction to lead him in. “Actually,” she began, as the thought struck her, “Are we in muggle… wherever we are? Muggle China?” Perhaps sickles and knuts weren’t what they needed to be buying things. The girl ignored the curious looks her appearance was drawing and hesitated at a corner. She was quite distracted and rather engaged with her environment. New places often gave her this kind of curious energy. She wanted to explore. The girl picked a street and started walking down it. "Can't you just accio us some money?" she suggested playfully, flashing him her most charismatic grin as they walked, "You wouldn't even need to know where it came from."

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!