December 07, 2019, 05:29:50 PM

Author Topic:  [vladivostok] up, down, and all around -- [varya]  (Read 807 times)

Quin Pendragon [ Guest ]
[vladivostok] up, down, and all around -- [varya]
« on: September 01, 2016, 03:46:19 AM »
Quin Pendragon, as he exited the location in Romania that he worked at, had vaguely remembered the notice posted all over his desk. He was glad his co-workers knew he was a little space, considering he barely read the memos. Please do not take the Floo Network. With the situation in Great Britain, it is advisable that you avoid this means of transportation completely, the memo warned. He had read it -- multiple times -- and even his mate Dru reminded him as he got ready to leave. But did that mean that Quin listened? Of course not. Being the type to love adventure, it was only natural that as he took a scoop of floo powder and tossed it into the flames, that he realized it was one minute too late. He had said, quite clearly, his location -- his home he shared with Charlie Weasley -- but did it pull him there? He wouldn't know. He felt the tug from his feet first, the spiraling flames of fireplace after fireplace after fireplace before it spat him out, ash, dust and a flume of green flames, in a house, but not his own home.

At first, Quin thought he had gone blind because the room was so dark. He had left Romania, it was dark -- just a little passed six in the evening, the sun was already well dipped past the horizon. But this? This was dark. He fumbled around for his wand, pulling it out of the little bag that held his salamander, who was eager to climb up his arm and settle on his shoulder, "Etain, this isn't the time," the dragonologist breathed, huffing in annoyance. He flicked the wand held firmly in his hand, "Lumos," he murmured. The tip lit up with bright white light, casting long, dark shadows over places the light couldn't reach. He found himself a little weirded out at the room he was in: dark reds and light pinks, browns, and swirls of all sorts. Asian looking, but also a little bit western. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked over at the empty fireplace. There was no way he was getting out, he figured. He didn't even have anymore floo powder with him.

"Well, this is a problem," he murmured. He moved, his boots tracking in dirt. It was really no way around that; Quin worked with dragons all day, and when he came home, he was covered in muck and grime. He moved to a little table with a litter of pictures on it. His wand moved over the pictures as he studied them; picking up one with a young twenty-something year old on it, "... Huh. Etain, I feel like I know this woman," he mused. He couldn't put the face to a name, but he was pretty sure she definitely looked familiar. He tapped the lit part of his wand against his chin as he placed the picture down, hearing the door creak open. He spun, his free hand up, his wand still lit, clearly trying to show he wasn't doing anything illegal or didn't have anything besides his wand in his hand. Etain scurried down his arm and disappeared into the little safety pouch, and he murmured a quiet spell and a subtle flick of his wand that zipped it up. "Um..." he didn't know where he was, or what language they spoke here, so he spoke in Romanian, hoping that was as close of a language as he could get.

"I mean no harm."

@Varvara Zakharova

Varvara Zakharova [ Inactive Character ]
1268 Posts  •  38  •  played by christine
Re: [vladivostok] up, down, and all around -- [varya]
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »

w h a t   w a s   m i s t a k e n   a s   c l o s e n e s s   w a s   j u s t   a   c a s e   o f   m i t o s i s

Quin Pendragon [ Guest ]
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 04:54:33 PM »
"You have five seconds to give me your best reason for being here or I promise that I will kill you."

In all honesty, the voice that Quin heard through the darkness, just sort of illuminated in the dimness really, a vague outline of a female, had made him wonder why everything about this felt familiar. As the Romanian words crossed over the floor, warning the Dragonologist that he was almost going to be dead should he not have a good reason, he shifted slightly. His Romanian, he was glad, was quite good, from being so immersed in the country for the last ten years or so, "Listen, I'm sorry," he finally responded, quite honestly meaning each word he spoke. His light dimmed a little, sending them more into the dark, but he didn't move; he kept his hands up and at an easily prone position. He hesitated, before he spoke again, "I was stupid and took the Floo Network when they told me not to. I am stupid. I came from a Dragon Reserve in Romania, and I was simply heading home. I apologize for the intrusion," he was thoughtful with every word, stumbling over a couple of words here or there. While he was good at Romanian, he wasn't fluent with it, yet. He sighed, shifting back towards the fireplace, knowing that it'd be an easier place should she want to make him head home.

"I truly did not mean to intrude," he replied, "with the Floo Network down, going from one place to the other is strange," at this he had accidentally started to talk in English, his British accent rather, well, obvious. He wasn't from here, and he wasn't sure where he was, "If... you don't mind me asking, can you please inform me of where we are? If you even have some floo powder, I'll take some and I'll get out of your hair. I promise that this might not ever happen again, but..." and ther ehe was, rambling. On and on and on again, trying to rationalize what he was trying to say, and trying to get out of this. Quin was confident with himself, and especially when he was out and about and with dragons; but this was totally out of his element. Some people, as this woman had warned, would kill someone for just breaking and entering. It was the last thing that Quin wanted, anyways.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 06:59:22 PM »

w h a t   w a s   m i s t a k e n   a s   c l o s e n e s s   w a s   j u s t   a   c a s e   o f   m i t o s i s

Quin Pendragon [ Guest ]
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 02:03:40 PM »

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 04:43:34 PM »
She smiled as Quin realized where he was and who he was dealing with. He seemed fairly confident that she wouldn't kill him, but she wasn't taking that option completely off the table. She had no problem believing his story; the floo network was supposed to be out of commission until the British Ministry gave the all-clear that it was alright to use, which they had yet to do. Not that she totally minded either way. Varya already didn't like to travel via floo as it was a touch too dirty for her tastes and at least the person that the fireplace chose to bring to her home was one she could tolerate, and actually had tolerated many times before.

"At least you picked the home that I was currently occupying," she continued in English, referencing her flats in London and Neroli. "And on a night when my mother wasn't here as well," she added, smiling again. This would not have been the way she had chosen for her mother to meet a man paying her a late night call. She might be a grown woman, but her mother still treated her like the young, virtuous woman she thought Varya was. She didn't feel the need to explain the reasons for her current living situation. While Varya and Quin hadn't been together for a while, it was no secret that she had lost her teaching position at Durmstrang when their new glorious leader decided to do away with Melioration and bring in a whole load of muggleborns and Bulgarians. She assumed that he could piece together everything else about her moving back home while she got resettled with everything.

It had been maybe a year since she had last seen this particular dragonologist. "Repay me, yes," she said, finally lowering her wand, but not before giving it a flick to bring the lamps up in the room. Quin was standing there, grinning, and Varya couldn't help but do the same. "But first you might want to move before we test out just how fireproof your pants are." She motioned to the fireplace where Quin was still hovering, waiting a mere second after he had moved out of the way before she brought the fireplace back to life. The January cold lifted slightly, but it would be a few minutes before the fireplace could fill the room with more than enough warmth. "It's late and the sun won't be up for hours and I wouldn't suggest trying to apparate out in the snowy dark, so you might as well make yourself comfortable." She indicated to the two sofas in the room with more than enough pillows to keep the two of them very comfortable.

She turned and exited the room the same way she entered, returned a minute later with a glass of good Russian vodka and two small glasses. "This will help you warm up," she said, smiling again, holding up her hands to display her offerings. She moved towards the smaller couch, setting down the glasses on the nearest table. She poured out some vodka in each and handed one to Quin. "I am about half a bottle ahead of you, so you better catch up," she challenged, raising her glass to her lips and throwing back the alcohol.

Quin Pendragon [ Guest ]
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 12:50:46 AM »

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 11:55:39 PM »
Money, alcohol, or sex. Were her options mutually exclusive? "How about all of the above?" she asked, the right side of her mouth curling upward as she raised her left brow. Some of the better highlights of their nights together flashed through her mind, and if she could only pick one prize, she knew which one it would be. But all three would be absolutely fine.

"And that's why I like drinking with you. It's so easy to get you drunk and giggly," she said as she lowered her now empty glass. "And I would be happy to oblige," she added, this time using her wand to refill their glasses. She took hers as she moved a few steps backwards, finding the smaller, comfier sofa. Taking a seat amongst the pillows, she pulled her feet up under her and to the side. She patted the cushion next to her, inviting Quin to join her. She smirked as she realized that not forty minutes ago she and her sister had been discussing the lack of a recent good lay, and now here she was, a very good option right before her. She ought to complain about things much more often, it seemed.

She glanced at the photos on the side table as Quin pointed them out. "Some of those are me, but a couple are my mother." She looked up at Quin as she continued, "So I really hope you're not accidentally talking about my mother." She returned his smile, quite pleased as he mentioned that she was gorgeous. Even if he had been talking about her mother's photos, he had certainly saved himself with that statement. She held her glass up, offered a "Bottoms up," one of her favorite English phrases, and drank her second glass dry. Varya would give Quin a break after this; while she enjoyed a tipsy Quin, she was never one for wanting to take care of a drunk Quin, or a drunk anyone, for that matter.

"So," she continued. "Our usual?" Whenever they had met up since Varya had left the reserve, they always caught up with each other by asking a series of questions, which seemed to always start out innocent enough, but always seemed to take a turn about three questions down the line. They had never been exclusive or anything close to it, so Varya's first question was always the same. "Tell me about the worst date you've had since I last saw you?" She liked hearing about his other adventures, not to mention that it always made her feel better about herself.

Quin Pendragon [ Guest ]
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 02:06:28 AM »
"Mmm. I guess I can humor you with all of the above," Quin chuckled. He moved only after watching Varya move to settle herself down on a sofa, and he quietly accepted the invitation to join her. He thumped heavily into the cushions and gave out a sigh. Man, did it feel good to sit, finally, after all those long hours at the reserve. Today wasn't just a baby dragon type of day, but more out in the field with the large dragons who were willing to snack on a person at any given moment. "Anyways, before I forget, yes, that's why you love getting me drunk. I know. I'm sorry that I can only drink on the one weekend I have off from work, and even then, I tend to work overtime. Dealing with dragons is sometimes more important and satisfying than drinking," he pointed out. A cheeky grin spread over his face and he happily took his second drink and downed it after she pointed out about the photos. Either way Quin looked at it, Varya or her mother were both equally attractive, and the Dragonologist could see how the woman he enjoyed very much had some good genetics.

"Our usual, yes," Quin chuckled. He moved and stretched his legs out, sinking more into the sofa as he enjoyed this. It was chilly in Romania during the midst of winter, and even dealing with Dragons had kept Quin out in the frigid weather for most of the day. He was quite enjoying the warmth -- from the alcohol, the fire, and the small patches of body heat that he and the slightly older and oh so attractive woman gave off as she pressed against him. He let his head rest for a minute as she spoke, asking about his worst date since the last time they saw each other, and he gave a questioning look over to her as he thought. "Hmmm..." he mused. He knew it was lame to feel tired, but all this warmth and since he went so long, for almost twelve hours, he was just exhausted. Not that he would say that out loud, "There was this Ukrainian girl my co-worker tried to set me up with. His fourth removed cousin or something, right? She was super pretty and all, but totally uninterested in Dragons. And she only spoke Ukrainian and Russian, which was terrible, because of our little language barrier. Mind you, again, no Russian."

He shook his head, thinking about it before he let his fingers idly trace over Varya's calves. Etain scurried up onto the back of the sofa and was quietly making his way over to the potioneer to say hi, because Etain liked people who Quin liked, "Besides the language barrier and being completely uninterested in dragons, but she had the personality of a piece of paper, Varya. Bland, white and completely wiggly," and he had said this last one not in a good way, as the woman was flighty as a bird, and only cared about her appearance. Quin shook his head, glancing over to her as he refilled their glasses and took his third hit. Three times the charm, right? "My turn. When was your last sexual escapade and how long did it last for?" he questioned. He knew that he and Varya could end up in a bed for a whole weekend, and he liked to hear that she got others besides just him. It was a freeing idea that they shared each other's bed with lesser, more mediocre people.

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »
"Ukrainian?" She asked, her eyebrows raised. "There's your problem," she added with a laugh, not being completely serious, but still mostly so. "It might have helped if she liked dragons, but it probably would have helped more if you actually knew Russian," she laughed again. "Now that you're actually in Russia, it might be a good time to start learning," she suggested, knowing that if she was the one to teach him anything, she would be having fun with it. She was just thinking about the various dirty phrases she would teach him and pass off as basics when she turned her head with a start. Quin's salamander was looking right at her, and unfortunately, that wasn't a euphemism. She had never been a big fan of the pet, much preferring her own pets that actually served some sort of purpose. She had spent years searching for the perfect pet and had finally found them during her six month stint in Colombia: three golden poison dart frogs. She was able to keep them and harvest their poisons for, well, poisoning purposes, and occasionally for the odd potion or two.

Varya half-heartedly smiled at Etain before turning her attentions back to Quin. She laughed again when he described his other woman, the alcohol definitely giving her a better sense of humor than usual. Smiling, she thanked Quin as he refilled her glass, drinking hers as he did his. "You can slow down if you'd like," she offered, setting her glass on the table for a few minutes instead of immediately refilling it. "You don't have to go all out in the first fifteen minutes that you're here." Plus, if he did, he wouldn't make it too much longer through the night, and she was planning to get something out of it for being so terribly inconvenienced by his intrusion.

"Oh, it was so bad," Varya said, holding her head in her hands. "It was a few months ago," she continued, not being as specific as she knew it could be. She was well aware of how long it had been since then. "We were drinking, he was... wiggly," she sighed, borrowing Quin's word from moments before. She held up a hand, crooked one finger, and wiggled it in front of her. "Just a little disappointing." She giggled at this before sighing again. "Same question to you." She pulled her hand down, letting it fall on Quin's forearm. She had no where she needed to be tomorrow so she was not in any sort of rush.

Quin Pendragon [ Guest ]
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:21 PM »
"Mhm. Ukrainian. But she was nice, for the most part," he reiterated, grinning at Varya as his fingers danced gently over her thigh. Quin got a little handsy, but he knew the Russian enjoyed it, so he wasn't worried, "But, yes, me knowing Russian -- or any language related to Russian in any sort of way -- might be best. Perhaps I'll need to go find a tutor or start learning or something," he mused, thinking about it. Quin wasn't the smartest when it came to languages, but he tried, so he figured it was okay that he failed. He chuckled at the way Varya looked at Etain, moved, and scooped up the little reptile, "Sorry. I know you don't like him, but he likes you, so... there's really no helping it," he pointed out. He tucked the little salamander into the pouch on his side and zipped it up. He'd be safe, secure, and would be able to sleep. Quin thought about letting him live in the fireplace for a bit, but he knew Etain mostly thrived on the hottest peppers, so he'd have to deal with whatever he could muster up today. "Either way, sorry."

He grinned as she pointed out that he could slow down, "Naw, I don't mind. I might be a light weight, but you know me -- it doesn't hit until like, a half an hour after I've started drinking. Then I start getting giggly and stuff," the dragonologist pointed out. It was true. He wasn't a light weight when it came to time; more that he couldn't necessarily handle his alcohol all at once. But he was enjoying the stiff drink he was having, so it was all good. Two shots wouldn't send him over the oblivious as hell and no memory of the night spiral, he knew. It was more like... twenty shots that he couldn't handle, "But if you want to pour me another glass, I'll happily savor the lovely Russian flavor of it," he grinned, holding out his cup for her. Empty, but he knew, it wasn't quite for long.

"Nuh huh," Quin grinned, wiggling a finger at Varya, "you didn't answer all my question. You just told me when and what your last sex adventure was, but you didn't tell me how long it lasted for," he grinned, leaning close to her. His hand moved to push her hand down his arm, lacing his own fingers with hers, "I want to know how long you're able to keep other partners, you know, to see how good I rank in being in your bed," he teased, a cheeky ass grin on his face, "for research."

He had alluded this phrase before -- but in most of his contexts, it was related to dragons and not sexual partners.

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 02:58:55 PM »

Quin Pendragon [ Guest ]
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 12:51:48 AM »
Quin couldn't help but give a light chuckle as Varya's fingers danced over his hands, too. He allowed an eyebrow to raise at her statement, and his grin crossed his face, "Oh, you do, hm? Are you suggesting that I take you on as a teacher?" he inquired, cheeky as always. He was always cheeky with Varya, even if he didn't mean it. Even sober, he had the amazing allure to just be as cheeky and charming as he ever was. He hummed in thought for a moment as he debated, lost in the thoughts and the ideas that floated around in his noggin, before he grinned at her, "How much would I have to pay you? In galleons, or in sex, Miss Zakharova? Perhaps, since you know how bad I am at Romanian, you are willing to negotiate for lessons quite often?" he pressed. He was grinning -- partially serious, partially not. It really depended on his mood. For some reason, should Varya take him up on the offer, and go with the latter payment, he doubted much Russian lessons would really be happening. Maybe Russian culture, but who knew.

He leaned back against the couch as he watched her refill his drink, and then let his fingers dance gently over her thigh. He really did enjoy his time with her, although it had been a while. Perhaps he'd need to show up more, he told himself. He let his eyes settle on her face, taking in the shape of her jaw, her nose, the light of the fire in her eyes as she spoke about her latest, or unlatest, conquests. "Mmm. Not like some others that do live up to expectations, hm?" he questioned, a little grin across his face. He squeezed her hand back and gently tipped some of the alcohol into his mouth, swirling and savoring the flavor before he finally gave a swallow, "Top ten? But mostly in the top five? I'll take it, even though I want to be more like, top one," Quin poked fun and leaned in to press just the lightest of kisses on the Russian woman's cheek. He chuckled as the conversation took a turn back to him.

"Right, my turn. Let's see," he paused here, not only for dramatic effect, but because he seriously had to think of when his last sexual encounter was. It felt like a life time ago, "About... maybe six or seven months ago? At least, with another person," he admitted, a shrug to his shoulders accenting his almost dismissive attitude, "it wasn't very good, though. She wasn't a virgin, but she definitely didn't seem to have any experience, and she was kind of... hesitant, I guess the word should be. Although her boyfriend was hot -- he was there, too. It was a good time," he gave a cheeky little grin to Varya and winked, "Anyways. Shall we drink more? Maybe I can stay and be one of your greater house guests tonight? Somehow, with the floo network not working, I doubt I'll be leaving until the morning."

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 06:08:00 PM »

Quin Pendragon [ Guest ]
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 03:45:50 AM »
"Mmm. I guess I'll settle for that, too," Quin chuckled, a grin spread over his face. He tilted his head ever so slightly as Varya pointed out that he was already terrible at Romanian and that Russian wouldn't be any easier, and he huffed, "It's not my fault Hogwarts didn't promote any sort of inter-cultural schooling in which alternate language classes were offered," he pointed out. He was sure that if Hogwarts had courses to learn other languages, rather than just magic, he would've been fluent in more than just that. But even so, he didn't think he was that bad in Romanian. He reached up and scratched his head, before he shook it and gave a cheeky grin to Varya, "I mean, I guess there's always a bit of a language gap, if you ask me. Or, I guess, maybe I'm just stupid. You should probably definitely teach me Russian, though. Please and thank you."

He gave a little cheeky grin as the healer agreed about the little ideas of competition, and Quin's lips lingered on her skin. She was soft and warm, and he couldn't help but steal another little kiss from her cheek. He hummed gently, "Mmm. Persuading I can do," he teased, only slightly. He felt the way Varya's hands moved and he chuckled deeply. He pulled her onto his lap and returned the kiss. This was going to be a long, but very fun, night, he figured.

[[end; thread done]]

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!