November 18, 2019, 09:06:22 AM

Author Topic:  [monte carlo] luck be a lady. [tag; nathalie]  (Read 1859 times)

Katherine Travers [ Guest ]
Re: [monte carlo] luck be a lady. [tag; nathalie]
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 11:42:29 PM »

Harvey Landsdowne [ Healer-in-Training ]
921 Posts  •  19  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Sioban
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 06:52:03 PM »

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 11:29:10 PM »

Harvey Landsdowne [ Healer-in-Training ]
921 Posts  •  19  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Sioban
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »
Harvey flinched as though he'd been slapped. He remained still as Nathalie ripped apart his character in the setting sun. Everything about her was film noir as he boggled at her. She knew she was cruel but he'd never seen it first hand. He'd heard rumours but having it all laid out in front of him made him feel sick. And it made him feel stupid. He blinked impassively as he was told to grow up. He thought that was rich coming from the girl who had flown into a fit of rage and blamed it on his well being.

"Can't work or won't work?" Harvey called after her retreating back, his voice catching on the wind. "You call me childish when you're the one who keeps wanting to cut and run." His voice was even and he found it easier to tell her the things he needed to when she was looking the other way. "Are we ever going to have a grown up conversation, Wilkins?" He asked, his hands on his hips. "Or are you just going to keep hiding behind your curves and keep blaming me for apparently ruining your life?"

Of course he remembered the Potions classroom incident. Harvey remembered the vivid feeling of panic and annoyance as Nathalie smashed his vial on the floor and caused him to fail. He remembered the fear when she threatened to fail his classmates, too. As always, he took the fall. Why? Because that was what he did. Good old dependable Harvey James Landsowne, champion of the underdog and straight as a die. He'd lost his head and he hadn't meant to do it and only now was he realising that she'd capitalised on him.

He frowned in the growing darkness as an unease settled in the pit of his stomach. Harvey was growing restless and annoyed at Nathalie's words and at the risk of sounding conceited, if a girl fancied him, he didn't really think it was his fault. With a heavy sigh, he shook his head and tilted it backwards to look up at the stars peeking out. "You know me," he drawled sarcastically as he shoved his hands in his pockets out of frustration. "Shagging girls and leaving a trail of shattered hearts in my way. Looks like I can add yours to the pile too, hey?" He asked sharply as he glared at her. Maybe he'd wear it as a badge of honour.

Nathalie's giggle made him wince, the noise sounding like a prolonged static crackle or nails on a blackboard; unbearable. For the life of him, he couldn't make the connection between her and Lorin but he had a feeling he was about to find out.

"Us?" He repeated. Us, how? Purebloods? Slytherins? Women? "But why?" Harvey asked stupidly as he set his jaw as her fingertips came closer to his face. Lorin had never been in love with Harvey. They had a long, complicated and at some point, almost co-dependant relationship but it was never sexually motivated. Had Nathalie felt jealous or threatened? His ego was telling him that yes, she was, otherwise why would she be so drastic?

"And you think I enjoyed it?" Harvey asked Nathalie swiftly, his eyebrows raised in exasperation. He shivered as her warm fingers traced his jaw line as nausea set in. He couldn't believe that an hour ago, he'd wanted to rip her dress off and now he wanted to strangle her with the flimsy fabric. She made it sound like Harvey liked being painted as a stupid person, an overgrown bicep, a Neanderthal. That he liked it when people looked surprised when he got top of the class, that he enjoyed it when girls looked at his mouth and not his eyes when they spoke to him or that he seemed pleased other boys belittled him. Nathalie was feeding off the insecurities that he didn't know he had.

The blonde crowded his space and he stood still, determined not to play her games because he didn't know if he could win. Her face against his chest extracted a deep sigh of sadness that reverberated through him and he knew she'd be able to feel. She was speaking to him like he was an object and the irony was making his head spin. Harvey was not perfect, nor was he really a gentleman. He'd had dark thoughts about her and other girls he'd met. Once or twice, he'd maybe rated them out of ten as a joke with his friends or let his gaze linger a second too long. But hearing it from someone else's mouth made him feel angry, upset, ashamed and disappointed.

"Ah," came the soft reply as he gave a deep and derisive laugh that shook her body gently. "Of course. Silly me," he remarked, sounding upbeat and like he'd just figured out a rather complex riddle. "Play me at my own game. I didn't see that coming." He almost sounded impressed. Everything was slotting into place now. Nathalie had played him like a game of chess. She was in it for the long run, a strategy queen who knew how to inflict maximum damage with minimum effort. All she had to do was make him fall in love with her and it was like killing two birds with one stone.

"Damn," he replied softly as his eyes widened in surprise. Harvey was cold and numb, almost like his feelings were delayed or his brain couldn't decide how he should process them. Hurt? Angry? Revengeful? Empty was the overriding sensation. Nathalie could easily have jabbed a knife through his ribcage and he'd still be unable to experience the pain. It was like everything had sort of just seeped out of him and made a puddle on the pristine pavement.

Despite not wanting to, he couldn't help but kiss her back. It was brief but he returned it as his hand tangled in her long hair and he pulled her closer. He gave her a strange look as they broke apart. His eyes flickered back and forth across her face. She was still undeniably beautiful but she'd been tainted somewhat and she now looked more like the Evil Queen as opposed to the kind hearted princess. A witch, like she'd so proudly said. He could see glimpses of her soul in the moonlight and it was ugly and mottled. It was like her personality was slowing escaping and taking over her entire body and transforming her into an entirely different person and it made him feel ill.

Harvey's hands balled into fists. "I don't want Lorin," he told Nathalie hoarsely as he battled to keep his voice down. Lorin this, Lorin that, didn't she get it? How much clearer could he be? As Nathalie stepped backwards, he ran his hands down his face in annoyance as he let out a snort of disbelief. She kept rebuffing him and he understood but he hadn't thought of his friend in months. He would now, though. Nathalie had him under her spell and he hadn't realised that Lorin may have felt uncomfortable but he was determined to make it up to her as soon as he could.

"You didn't need to do any of this!" Harvey finally managed to say to her as he threw his hands in the air. "You didn't need to go this far! Why did you involve me, Nathalie?" He asked her, his face pale and drawn as exhaustion began to seep into his bones. "Why did you have to fuck me over as well?" It was finally sinking in that Nathalie had never cared about him. He thought it was an act but it was real and the realisation had knocked him sideways. Dumb, that was what he was. Maybe everyone's ideas were correct; he was a knuckle head.

Stopping, he chuckled darkly as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Bravo," he told her acidly. "Really," Harvey added with a tight smile. "A performance of a life time. Congratulations," he said gently as he went to walk past her, stopping briefly at her shoulder as he glanced at her. "Now I'm going to do what I need to do." With that, he buttoned up his jacket and strode down the promenade in the opposite direction towards the hotel and away, set on getting his things and forgetting this night ever happened.

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 10:57:47 PM »

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!