November 14, 2018, 10:47:54 AM

Author Topic:  [thd|breakfast] bad at love • • m i h a  (Read 389 times)

Meike Mia Rosenthal [ Drakonya Krov ]
526 Posts  •  15  •  "Straight"  •  played by VANNAH
[thd|breakfast] bad at love • • m i h a
« on: August 23, 2017, 05:14:31 PM »
"Look at this."

Meike slapped the newspaper down onto the table in front of her friend before taking a seat next to Mihaela. She was smiling. "Look, there you are... Wait for it..." Meike poked a finger at the picture. The newspaper picture displayed a rally - not just any rally, but the blood status one in Berlin last month. The one Meike had accidentally attended. As she watched, a couple of the people at the front moved to the side and Mihaela could be seen, holding up a sign in German (that Meike was sure Miha didn't understand a word of) and shouting. "My mother recognised you, so I asked her to send me the paper." It was in German too, of course. "I'm just lucky they didn't snap one of me. Parent's would kill me." Meike was sure her parents wouldn't approve of any sort of rally attendance. She didn't think her mother even really approved of her associating with people like Mihaela, but she was at school now so her mother's opinions mattered a lot less.

The brunette laughed, a light melodic laugh over the sound of knives and forks and chatter as people at their dinner. Meike shifted in her seat, glancing down the table. She was looking for Rane, not that she'd admit it. It was a habit by now, she supposed. Meike often skipped dinner, but when they'd had to eat meals here (their ministry-approved, individualised-dietary-requirement meals), Meike had always sat with him. Now she sat where she liked. Meike reached forward and took a fresh piece of fruit from the table. She cut it up on her plate dutifully and began eating one tiny piece at a time. "Anyway, I thought you might like this copy. A memento," she added earnestly.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:41:37 AM by Rémi Park »

Mihaela Lupesco [ Drakonya Krov ]
1135 Posts  •  16  •  dating Lev Leskov <3  •  played by Samm
Re: [thd|breakfast] bad at love • • m i h a
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:48:08 AM »
The slop she'd been eating trailed down her chin as she looked up to see what Meike was dropping in front of her. She mumbled some garbled nonsense, the food still half chewed on her tongue as she did, and then swallowed. Wiping her face on the sleeve of her uniform with zero shame she reached for the paper and grinned. The Daily Prophet usually got things wrong but Mihaela couldn't help but be happy about this particular story. It almost didn't even matter what the words said, the girl was entirely too enamored by the fact that she was on the cover. And the fact that she happened to look pretty bad ass. Silently she wondered what Lev would think about it and made a mental note to show him later.

She slurped up another bite of her breakfast with a particularly Mihaela style impropriety and then beamed up at Meike. "We look good." She claimed, even though she wasn't sure if Meike was even in the picture. Mihaela didn't share the same apprehension about the world seeing her at any kind of political rally. "I mean, I look good." She corrected as Meike announced her relief that she wasn't in the picture. "Thanks." She said with another full mouth of food as she continued to eat just about everything in sight.

With a soft smile and a drink of juice the girl turned toward her friend, even from where she was sitting, and raised a brow. "You ain't gonna' show Rane?" She nudged verbally before following up with an actual nudge to Meike's shoulder. Mihaela was oblivious to proper torque and manners but she wasn't clueless when it came to gossip. People had started to notice that the two of them always sat together during meals. If she hadn't been so obnoxiously distracted by... well pretty much everything... she might of even been a little insulted that her best girl friend rarely joined her for lunch. Today was different though and the Romanian had picked up on that, Meike was sitting with her, and so naturally Mihaela had to pick at it until she figured out why.
When I die, let the wolves enjoy my bones. When I die, let me go.

When I die, let the flames devour me. When I die, set me free.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:53:35 AM »
"You do look good," Meike said playfully, laughing at her friend correcting herself. She tried not to draw attention to the fact that Mihaela was eating maybe ten times the amount of food Meike was. Her tall friend seemed to have a ridiculously disproportionate capacity to eat anything and everything in sight, but Meike didn't really like food and she was careful about what she put in her body. With a piece of fruit perched on the edge of her fork, Meike shook her head. "Listen, do you want to come hang out in my dorm after dinner?" she asked, "We could get started on some of the charms homework we have this week..." Meike had already finished hers, but she was only kidding anyway, "...Or we could just hang out. Even though I saw you in summer it feels like we haven't talked for ages."

The brunette put her fork down so she could use both hands to tie her thick brown hair up into a high ponytail. "Oh... He's probably busy," Meike said, returning to pushing the food around on her plate. Meike glanced down the table again, a little frown on her face as she searched his tired eyes out. "You know we broke up right?" she said. She and Rane had been together for seven months last year, but now they weren't together any more. She'd broken up with him at the end of the school term. He'd been sad, but she'd found it quite freeing. She missed him, but she didn't miss being with him. If that even made sense. Meike pushed her plate to the side, pouring herself some water and drinking a whole glass of it. "I'm ready when you are," she said.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
Narrowing her eyes on her quiet friend Mihaeala wondered if there was more to it than he's probably busy and before she could even ask she was granted the answer. They had broken up? How did Mihaela not know about this? It was kind of a big deal... She should of known, shouldn't she of? She wasn't the best friend a girl could have but she was loyal and she tried to be there. Maybe Meike had already told her and she had been too distracted day dreaming about Lev to even hear it. That would just be the worse. A slightly guilty look fell upon her features, completely masked by the sauce still covering her lips, she was so messy. She pushed out of her seat and grabbed a couple extra biscuits for the road, tucking them between her chest and her folded arm as she stood and then nodded. "Lets roll~" She said with a little bounce before stuffing a roll into her mouth and walking toward the exit and their house's floor.

"I'm sorry about Rane..." She said, the guilt wasn't just because she was worried that maybe Meike had told her and she hadn't been listening. It was also a little bit because she felt guilty for being on the brink of what might be a new relationship while Meike's was ending. Theyheaded toward the common room and Meike's private room (that Miha was still entirely jealous of) and even if she had wanted to try there was no way the bubbly Romanian was going to stay quiet and let Meike tell her when she was ready. Instead she swallowed the first of many rolls and opened her mouth, whispering in case anyone was walking past them.

"What did that slick shit do?"

She was sympathetic and wanted to be there for one of the few friends she'd managed to keep for more than a few months at a time but of course she wanted to know all of the details and Mihaela wasn't exactly the type to pull punches. It really didn't matter at this point who's fault the break up was, naturally Mihaela was on her girl's side. "Do I need to get pay back for ya?" She mostly liked Rane, not that she had any real connection to him, but she liked Meike much more and of course if her friend was upset with him then Mihaela was ready to jump on board the revenge train. Once inside Meike's room Miha quickly made herself comfortable by plopping down on the soft carpet. It wasn't a massive room but the lack of four other girls made it feel immense. She spread out, her hair flopping behind her like she was floating in water and her arms spread out like a snow angel. "Gimme all the details."

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 06:19:57 PM »
Meike fell easily into step beside her friend as they made their way through the castle and back to the Krov common rooms. She tried not to watch Mihaela inhaling the food she'd grabbed from the table. "No don't," Meike said, shaking her head. She meant it, too, things were mostly better now that they'd broken up. No Rane to slow her down when they exercised together. No more scheduling nightmares trying to make time for him. No more feeling like there was something wrong with her because she didn't want to kiss him or have sex with him or anything. Not that he'd ever pushed for anything, of course. He'd let her set the pace with the physical side of their relationship and the pace she'd set was slow. They'd been together for seven months and had barely made it past chaste sort of kissing.

Meike laughed at Miha's next words. Of course she jumped to that sort of conclusion, and of course she was on Meike's side entirely. Meike had to admire her loyalty, even if she was way off base with her thinking. "No, no," she said, laughing as she closed the door behind them and moved to sit on her bed. The girl watched her friend spread out on the carpet and after a moment's thought, moved to lie down beside her. "I broke up with him," she started. "He didn't do anything wrong, really." Meike shook her head, staring at the ceiling. She did still feel guilty about it, even though really she hadn't done anything wrong either. "I mean, it was seven months." That was a long time for fourth year. "I think I just got bored, really." She gave her friend a quick glance to check her reaction. "Oh and I mean, you know how busy I am. Probably too busy for boyfriends."

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »
She tried to contain the shock and curiosity in her face as she turned to look at the other witch. "No way?" She debated, did Meike really break up with him? The more she thought about it though the more it actually made perfect sense. To Mihaela it seemed like Meike always knew where she was headed, knew what she wanted and how to get it, so it wasn't that hard to believe that the German had decided she didn't want to be in a relationship and very professionally took care of it. Laying together on the carpet Mihaela stared up at the golden ceiling of Meike's room, it matched the gold of the common rooms but it was special in its own way. Before this year she'd been a little jealous of Meike's private room but now it was even more than that. Of course her jealousy was not enough to ever do anything about securing one of her own. It wasn't like she was going to turn a page and suddenly become an academic, no matter how badly she wanted a private place to bring Lev.

Seven months was actually kind of a long time and Miha found it both impressive and restrictive sounding all at once. It was such a long time, nearly forever as for as the teenage witch was concerned. She couldn't remember the last time she was interested in exactly the same thing for seven months. She was flighty by nature so it was no surprise that the fiery witch had a hard time sticking to anything for any great period of time. Not that she wasn't hopeful that one day maybe that could be different. Last year she wouldn't of even considered it but it seemed like everything Meike said had Mihaela connecting the dots back to Lev. It was stupid, it annoyed her, but it also filled her with a new joy. Maybe she was reading too much into it but that's what girl talk was all about right? She was supposed to gush and tell her friend all of the details so they could pick every moment apart and break it all down.

"But you can't make out with a book Meike." She said impishly before getting distracted by the golden ceiling again and pulling out her wand. "Wanna see a spell I learned at summer school?" She asked, even though all she really wanted to talk about was Meike and Rane and Lev and Lev some more. Waving her wand and speaking the incantation meant to make it snow little golden flecks from the ceiling Mihaela thought she remembered the spell well enough. The snow drops weren't supposed to be real, they weren't supposed to fall all the way to them, and they especially weren't meant to be the shape of cats and dogs.

"Shit!" She yelped, ducking out of the way as a fluffy poodle came crashing down on top of her with a muffled barking sound.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:37:58 PM by Samm »

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »
"Way," Meike replied, mock-seriously. After a moment's silence, she felt like she had to add more. She wished she could read minds so she could tell what Mihaela was thinking. "I mean, Rane's great," she said, a little guilt colouring her words, "He's really nice. But... I don't know. Things end." Meike shrugged a little, as much as one could shrug while flat on their back. Her thoughts inevitably drifted to Kristina, even though she tried not to let them drift there. She rolled her eyes at Miha's next comment, but her friend was right. Sort of.  The physical stuff with Rane had never really been a focus, and she hadn't really wanted it to be. "I don't think I was that attracted to him," she admitted quietly, the words coming out as the sentences formed in her mind. She didn't have much time to think it over.

"Sure thing," she said to her friend, glad for the distraction as Mihaela raised her wand up into the air.

"What the hell?" Meike scrambled to her feet, thankful that her cool head had her pulling her wand out as soon as she realised something crazy was happening. A kitten tumbled through the air and almost landed on her face. "Miha!" Meike frowned at her taller friend, not sure if she'd done this on purpose, like a prank, or if it had been a misfired charm. "Finite Incantantum," she said confidently, flicking her wand a little as she spoke the incantation. The chaos ended almost immediately, though the few cats and dogs that had made their way from the ceiling to the floor were exploring her dorm curiously.  She watched one cat tumble from a pile of books on her desk to the floor and quickly moved to that area to move a grey kitten from her desk before it could mess up her papers.

"Oh my god, they're going to kill me," she said, staring at the creatures. She was referring to teachers, of course. "Where can we take them?" she asked quickly, this time referring to the animals. Her voice was quick but the frown on her face said that her brain was thinking hard. She always stayed cool in stressful situations. Calculating.

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!