December 07, 2019, 05:32:54 PM

Author Topic:  [russian ministry] destination unknown {samuel}  (Read 777 times)

Veronika Petrova [ Guest ]
[russian ministry] destination unknown {samuel}
« on: December 12, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »

Samuel Andersson [ Inactive Character ]
2007 Posts
  • What is it? How do you get it? Who doesn't have it, and who decides who doesn't have it? What is the essence of 'cool'?
  • Trophy Closet You've been disneyfied! "Run!" This member reached the Amethyst level before July 2015! Durmstrang Chip Contest - Klyk Vampira (1998-1999)
Re: [russian ministry] destination unknown {samuel}
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 02:16:03 PM »

i could tell you about politics, i could teach you how to make a fix
i could tell you that i hate you, baby, i could chat up your mother too.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 12:38:34 PM »

2007 Posts
  • What is it? How do you get it? Who doesn't have it, and who decides who doesn't have it? What is the essence of 'cool'?
  • Trophy Closet You've been disneyfied! "Run!" This member reached the Amethyst level before July 2015! Durmstrang Chip Contest - Klyk Vampira (1998-1999)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
When the hug was reciprocated, he held it for a second or two longer than was considered polite. Sam's large hands were at Veronika's hips and they slid backwards to rest on her lower back, pressing gently and evidently in no rush to remove them.

Samuel grinned at her, his eyes bright behind the lenses of his trendy square framed glasses. He shrugged casually, as if it was none of his concern. "Sorry," he offered, though he didn't sound the slightest bit inclined. "News travels fast," he replied, still crowding her personal space with his broad shoulders. "Besides," he commented in a stage whisper. "The only Quidditch players we ever really see look like a Picasso painting," Sam smiled, his eyes trailing down her face unashamedly. "You're more of a Vermeer kinda girl."

He let Veronika kindly fix his attire for him as his left hand slid across the small of her back and partly up her spine. Unable to help himself, he let out a snort of laughter. "Well," he added with a casual shrug. "I am the gift that keeps on giving." As the tall woman moved back, he made no effort to catch her. He was still smiling, though he felt oddly bereft in her absence.

"Not here, though," Sam added quickly, his hand briefly on the small of her back again to guide her out of the canteen. People were starting to glance and he only assumed it was a matter of time before they recognised who she was. It wouldn't be difficult. As a teenager, he'd been obsessed with her; he wasn't ashamed of it. Veronika treated him with the disdain and casual coolness that just made him want to try harder. Much to his chagrin, nothing had really materialised. He assumed she'd be dating someone of a similar standing to her, a fellow player or perhaps even a politician. She'd look good in pearls. In fact, she already did.

There was an independent coffee shop around the corner and Sam quickly lead her there, opening up the door for her as a blast of warm air made him shiver. She'd said the words "catch up" so casually, it caught him off guard. He didn't really want to tell her that he was still single and that he found out that his ex-girlfriend was now an exotic dancer. Then again, he doubted Julia Konig was ever on Veronika's radar.

He let Veronika order before placing his own and taking a seat near the window, away from the front door. With care, he ripped open two sugar packets and deposited them into the swirling coffee. He looked up and smiled. "So," he began brightly. "What brings you home?" Home conjured up feelings of warmth and familiarity. Russia wasn't home for Sam but it was quickly becoming so. He didn't really have a base, so to speak. The Ministry sent him all over the place. It was phenomenally bad timing because he was going to Prague tomorrow. 

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:15:43 PM »

2007 Posts
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 09:18:17 PM »
Of course she ordered a black coffee. Had he been an artistic man, it might have sounded poetic. Sam wasn't ashamed of his two sugars and his copious amounts of milk that he'd added to the thick black liquid as he stirred it quickly, lifting it to his lips and taking a cautious sip to test the temperature.

"Oh nice," Samuel replied conversationally with a smile. Moscow suited her, he thought. It was a logical move. "Ah," he added with a grin that he didn't bother to hide. "It sounds like you're enjoying yourself." Sarcasm was a subtle art and he played it like a pro. His smile grew as he gently poked fun at her. "Look at you," he cooed gently as he tilted his head to survey her, well aware of her robes parting but determined to be a gentleman. "So successful," he mused while he sipped his coffee. "I'm proud of you." There was no sarcasm or ill will; he was genuinely pleased for her.

Durmstrang had an odd sense of legacy about it. It was cold and dark and stern and he rather liked it. It had a tendency to be oppressive and there was a bit of a burden to excel. And Veronika had done just that. In a way, he sort of missed it. Sam wasn't really ready to be an adult. He didn't like going to work and paying bills and being a "responsible member of society" in the words of his mother.

"My sister was driving me mad," Sam answered seriously. She was. Kaisa or as he liked to call her, Kaiser, had been through a bad break up. She recycled men frequently but apparently, his one had been rather brutal. "She moved back home after a break up. She gets restless," he pulled a face. "So she was nitpicking and she was always there, being annoying," Sam complained. "So I asked for a transfer." That was partly the truth. "But the pay is better," he eventually confided in Veronika with a smile. "And there's the option to travel." And to be rejected on seven continents. Fantastic.

Sam did miss Stockholm and he'd be the first to admit. Moscow was shrouded in mystery. It was beautiful, full of striking architecture and even more striking women. He offered a shrug as he blew on his coffee. "I don't know," he found himself being honest with Veronika. "It's not really home just yet." They were still so young, settling anywhere sounded counterproductive. "But I'm hoping it will be. No one warned me about the winters," he said with a visible wince.

"Married?" Samuel spluttered, his Nordic blue eyes wide before he dissolved into a fit of the giggles. "Veronika, have you met me?" He asked, his eyes crinkling in mirth. The only woman he'd ever really consider marrying was Leonie but she was in London with her wet blanket of a boyfriend. "I wish," he said with a forlorn sigh. "The sex'd be good," he mused candidly as he added another packet of sugar to his already too-sweet coffee.

He assumed he didn't need to tell Veronika that the only luck he had with women was bad luck. His relationship timeline was a bit of a train wreck. His first love turned out to be a stripper with serious commitment issues, his next was an ice Elemental with a distinct lack of interest in him and then there was Veronika. Samuel took the time to look at her, properly this time. Gone was the shapeless school robes and in their place was a tall, strong, confident and uniquely beautiful woman.

"Yourself?" He asked casually. Since bumping into her today, he hadn't thought of her often but now she was here, he wanted to know if she had a boyfriend and if she did, how he could dispose of said man. "It's just that you seem a little tightly corked," Sam continued. "And if you have some free time, consider me to be your personal corkscrew." He smiled at her.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 01:00:17 PM »

2007 Posts
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 01:39:36 PM »
Siblings were a work of art, she said and Sam found himself nodding along. "The Scream" by Edvard Munch," he replied, his light eyes wide. He wasn't an only child but he sometimes felt like it. His sister was a golden haired queen who handled her friends and relations like Napoleon handled his troops. His brother, a soft-hearted little thing who had trouble coping in a crowd. Then there was Sam, a mixture of both, standing directly in the middle and hating it. "Good choice," he said as Veronika mentioned she'd do the same thing. At least now he didn't feel so dramatic.

"Everyone keeps telling me that," he told the tall girl with a broad smile. "You're a very patriotic bunch." His tone was light and not at all belittling. He liked it. As a nation, they all seemed bound by duty to their motherland. It had taken a bit of getting used to being ignored on the street. In his town, everyone was a lot friendlier. He had the sudden urge to take her back to Stockholm and show her a different life for a little while.

"I hope so," Sam said casually as he sipped his cream-laden coffee. "So far I haven't seen much except the inside of a number of different Ministries." Again, his tone was gentle. He was young and he was good at his job. He didn't have roots or a family to raise, so he was able to hop around the world with ease. Samuel wasn't really settled in his job just yet and it didn't have anything to do with his home life. He was charismatic and charming and eloquent but he was also scatty and he got bored easily. Those two things didn't really mesh well in a Ministry setting.

With a smile, he tilted his head curiously. "I didn't know you were a weather expert," he joked with Veronika lightly. Then again, the subject of weather was a common one to chat about. He'd meant that it was a different type of cold here in Russia. Back home, it was a dry cold. It was powdery snow and clean air, bells tinkling on the wind and people dressed in jumpers, cycling on their bikes. Here, however, it was bitter. It was like the country was trying break his spirit. It was biting and he could feel it in his bones. It was heavy and damp and everyone looked pale but of course, he wasn't about to tell that to the Quidditch player. She'd be able to snap him between her thighs like a dry twig.

Nothing serious, she'd said. That made him smile and he didn't bother to hide it behind the rim of his coffee cup. "Heartbreaker," he teased her gently. It might not be serious for her but he was willing to bet his left testicle that it was absolutely serious for the other person involved. He chuckled, low and deep as he shook his head. Oh how he missed her. No one else in his life treated him with such casual disdain. He remembered now why he'd been so enamoured with Veronika in school; she was untouchable.

"No," Sam said honestly. He wasn't overconfident at all. "And if I was, I'm sure you'd have no problem popping my ego." Samuel had good chat, that much was sure. He'd have no idea how to approach things with Veronika. While he doubted she'd ever lied to him, he had a sneaking suspicion that she hadn't been entirely truthful, either. She obviously didn't see him as a prospect or as a sexually viable option. While it slighted him, he didn't think he was going to give up. Not now that he knew what team she played for, he could send her fan mail.

"Oh, I completely believe you," Samuel said as he leaned back in his chair as he took his cup with him, wrapping his slim fingers around the warm porcelain. "Not to get poetic but I think dying by your hand would be a lovely way to go." He stared at her for perhaps a second too long before he smiled again in hopes of making the comment a little less foreboding. "My mother says I'm spoilt rotten anyway," he tacked on. "She'd think I could do with being taught a lesson. So come on, madame," he said quietly above the noise of the cafe, his Nordic eyes looking overly bright as a smile curved his lips once more. "Teach me."

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 01:50:08 PM »

2007 Posts
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 05:48:55 PM »

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!