November 18, 2019, 09:58:45 AM

Author Topic:  [lofoten] settle for a draw {sami}  (Read 937 times)

Veronika Petrova [ Guest ]
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:20:25 PM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:38:43 PM by Lena »

Sami Sadik [ Inactive Character ]
21 Posts  •  27  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Inga
Re: [lofoten] settle for a draw {sami}
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:11:09 PM »
Sami didn't usually look forward to days off like other hard working people did. He really loved his job. Playing Quidditch was both his job and his hobby, after all. However, endless practice sessions wore him down anyway. His body sometimes demanded a break when he still wanted to keep going. When he had heard about a special offer to spend a few days just chilling in front of a fire with no obligations, no team members, no fans, no... anything, he had decided that he could try it out. It was not that the German Turk was longing for solitude but he had a feeling that solitude might help him to regain energy for the upcoming challenges. The pressure on his team was high after having won the League in the previous season. While they all got along fine there was still tension in the air and their own expectations seemed to be rising with every successful practice session. It felt good, of course. There was this constant adrenaline in his veins when he was with his team but when he got home in the evenings he felt strained and empty. Getting away for just a little while had suddenly become quite the enticing thought.

He knew little to nothing about the Lofoten but that was what actually felt most intriguing. To go to a place that was entirely foreign to him seemed to be a nice prospect. He imagined taking walks in the less dark hours and chilling in a hut by the fire when it was really dark, drinking beer, eating snacks and reading a bunch of superhero comics that he had come across lately. Equipped with a piece of parchment with the address on it, a beer crate and a bag with some clothes, snacks and the comics, Sami apparated to Norway. Arriving there in almost complete darkness, the Quidditch player needed a moment to get some orientation. However, it was not only darker than back in England, it was also remarkably colder. Sami who had not considered wearing warmer clothes than in Falmouth was shivering. His dark red duvet jacket which was usually pleasantly warming did not help much now. Hopefully he felt sure he'd soon sit by the fireplace with a pint of beer and warm up.

Unwilling to search for the hut he had booked, Sami asked the first person he came across for the way. Once he could see the place, he shook his head in disbelief. Now this hut was... tiny. He didn't mind it too much though. After all, all he needed was a sofa or an armchair in front of a fireplace. He walked around the hut to find the entrance. The surprise was clearly visible on his features when he saw that the door was not in place anymore but lay on the floor like a carpet in an entrance hall. Did he really have to pay for a stay at a place that was in such a state? He stepped in, let the beer crate down right next to the entrance and just wanted to take care of the door when he noticed that he wasn't alone.

"Hello," he said, hoping that the pretty girl in front of him understood English. "Do you often have fits of rage?" A lopsided grin spread across his face as he gestured at the door on the floor.

He put down his bag on the beer crate and took his time to look around some more. "Are you leaving today?" He asked, assuming that she had stayed here before him rather than that she intended to stay at the place now.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 10:54:45 AM »

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 11:10:10 AM »
Sami hid a grin when he felt that the woman in front of him was looking at him. Did she recognise him as a Quidditch player? Was she even a witch? He was almost a little sad that his duvet jacket concealed his muscles - after all women liked men with toned bodies, right? He took his time to look at her properly now too. Her olive skin made one thing quite clear to Sami - she was not a Scandinavian. Although she was dressed in warm clothes the Quidditch player could already see that she was well built and athletic. Her facial features while feminine had something rough to them, making her seem like she was a good sport. Sami really could not deny that he quite liked the look of this brunette.

The comment she muttered in Russian did not go unnoticed by the German Turk. An amused lopsided smile spread across his face. The Koldovstoretz graduate naturally spoke Russian fluently. He wondered briefly if the woman thought he wouldn't understand that comment or if she just didn't care whether he understood her comment or not. He decided against revealing his language skills for now.

Her English was highly accentuated, making Sami feel like he was an expert in foreign languages himself. He raised his eyebrows in surprise when she spoke of his huts. Did she really think he owned such a place or that he worked here? If it was his land he'd build a proper house and a hut like this would just serve as storage for Quidditch brooms. The way she spoke to him made quite clear that she thought that he was in the service sector though which Sami thought was not quite his branch. He felt slightly affronted but somehow the situation was so surreal that it was funny. He had never expected to end up in a hut with a gorgeous Russian diva and be treated like a caretaker. Somehow he assumed he could take this as a sort of roleplay experience. It could be fun to be someone else from time to time. Being a star was tiring sometimes.

"Be my guest," he responded, therefore, trying to hide his amusement. He offered even a submissive little bow. While he thought that usually the man had the say in any inter gender interactions, he found her commanding way quite appealing.

Since he still wasn't sure whether he was facing a witch, he decided against taking out his wand. Besides she had complimented him on his muscles or had it not been a compliment at all? Sami wasn't quite sure but he was willing to take it as a compliment. "Sure," he agreed and looked from the woman to the door on the floor. "I hope you don't mind if I take out my jacket to fix this."

If she spoke of muscles he could as well show them. He opened the jacket and threw it on his bag on the beer crate. The burgundy sweater he was wearing below was a slim fit one that revealed his toned body quite nicely. He bend down and lifted the door up, examining it more closely. "You know, it looks like you broke the frame joint. I'm afraid I'll need my... tool case for that." He stepped out of the hut, pulled out his wand quickly and summed a tool case. Having a mostly muggle background, Sami was not entirely hopeless when it came to trade. However, he had never before repaired a door. After a few minutes the door was in its place again but there was still a slight gap that he could not get rid of. "I'll take a look from outside," he muttered, stepping out of the hut and pulling out his wand once more to finish his work properly.

Stepping back in he offered a satisfied little smile. "You must be so relieved that I was able to fix the door you damaged."

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 07:10:46 AM »
"A squib?" Sami echoed, now looking at her in surprise. Why did she think he was a squib? He ran his hand through his messy hair as the information finally sank in. He hadn't been sure whether she was a witch or a muggle which was why he had chosen the muggle way to repair the door. She had now revealed to him that she was a witch and that meant he could stop pretending to be a craftsman. However, he trusted his abilities enough not to pull out the wand now to fix the door. It was not that hard to do it the muggle way. It took longer, yes. It might look awkward to a witch, yes. In the end though it was just as effective as a spell. If there was one thing he had learned from his family it was how to occasionally use his hands instead of his wand.

He found himself looking at her throughout his whole thinking process. Then again she was a sight for sore eyes. A pretty young woman, athletic and with an air of determination to her that he found intriguing. Now that he had taken the time to look at her he thought that she looked vaguely familiar but he couldn't quite figure out where he had seen her before. Maybe he was mistaken anyway. Or... maybe she had been at Koldovstoretz too. Her accent gave her away as East European so it was possible at least. He would not ask her though, not now and maybe never.

"My awkward materials fixed this as well as a wand could." Sami finally said, not yet answering the squib question. "You're quite a snob, aren't you? Thinking that only magic can fix things." He offered a lopsided smile. Really, this situation was rather amusing.

"One of us... yeah..." He tilted his head and observed her as she pulled out a wallet. Was she going to pay him now? This truly was hilarious! The young man briefly wondered if he should keep her in the dark or rather reveal that he was neither a squib nor the caretaker of this hut. It could be fun to see how far she'd go treating him as a lower ranked individual, a service provider, a squib. However, he felt that the time had come to at least correct her regarding some aspects.

"A drink?" he replied to her question, smiling at her. "I have beer, if you like. Also I should probably clarify that I'm neither a squib nor a member of staff. Just a guest like you, really. I'm at your service though." He paused and glanced out of the window. "Glad the door is intact again, there seems to be a blizzard coming up." Having said that, Sami walked further into the room and looked around. "They do not offer much in these huts, do they?" He said, frowning slightly. This might get interesting. The thought that they would have to share the hut came to his mind but he decided to put that off for later. Now was not the time to worry about that, was there? Besides there were worse things than sharing a hut with a beautiful woman. "I'm Sami by the way. Who do I have the pleasure to meet?"

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 01:47:11 PM »

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 05:08:55 PM »
Sami tilted his head slightly and arched an eyebrow when she echoed his words as a question. Did she really not understand what he was saying or didn't she want to? Of course he was aware that many witches and wizards hadn't grown up like him, knowing both the muggle and the magical world. However, at her age she must have come across some muggles, right? It was hardly possible that she had lived in an exclusively magical environment, knowing of the existence of muggles, muggleborns and squibs only from books.

The way she cleared her throat after saying that she believed his work had been done properly made Sami think that she didn't really trust his capabilities and he shook his head grinning. "No, you don't," he stated, "it doesn't matter though, don't worry." After a brief pause he added, "I know you don't. Worry, I mean."

When he saw her reaction to his revelation that he was in fact neither a squib nor a member of staff, he laughed. However, he was not laughing at her, hoping to make her uncomfortable; he was truly amused. "You didn't even give me a chance!" He defended himself. "I wasn't sure if you were a witch so I decided to hide the fact that I am a wizard. You were then so quick to assume that I was a squib that I thought I felt it was impolite to contradict you. However, you pulling out your wallet was too much then. I couldn't let you pay for this service when I am just a guest like you and led you into believing that I was not even magical."

As she introduced herself, the name rang a bell. He had heard it before. He looked at the pretty witch in front of him for a moment and then tried to hide the fact that he finally knew where to place her. He should probably have recognised her earlier. However, while Sami was a rather successful Quidditch player himself, he did not really read any gossip magazines or anything where he'd have seen her outside of her Quidditch attire. On a broom in a game of Quidditch people did not quite look the same then in their private lives, after all. Yet, he did know the names of the line ups of successful league teams and of the relevant national teams. So, naturally, he now knew where to place Veronika.

Nonetheless her snobbish attitude was like an invitation to tease her a little. "Yes... of course." He replied earnestly. "May I ask why though? Who would be interested in knowing that you are here? Are you on the run from the Ministry of Magic?" He could not hide his amusement now and a lopsided grin spread showed on his face despite the fact that he had intended to keep serious.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:52:37 PM by Inga »

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 06:53:21 PM »

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!