October 17, 2018, 04:55:04 PM

Author Topic:  go to the top [luciana]  (Read 368 times)

Donatella Bertinelli [ Bellefeuille ]
142 Posts  •  16  •  Trees  •  played by Elena
  • flowers brighter than the rose bloomed in the blackest of the heath for her; out of a sullen hollow in a livid hillside her mind could make an eden
  • Gringotts Shipper Sandbox
  • Trophy Closet This member has submitted a layout for the Group Shippers Layouts Contest! Completing a beautification student service thread Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Inga's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Bigonville Bombers Fan Costa Rica National Team Fan Beauxbatons House Cup - Bellefeuille (1998-1999) Beauxbatons House Cup - Bellefeuille (2000-2001) Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
go to the top [luciana]
« on: May 01, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »

february 2002

When cugina Luciana had written to her, telling Donatella that she would be visiting the Chatoeil this Saturday, the Venetian couldn’t be any more pleased. With everything happening at Beauxbatons, tension and giants all over the place, nothing joyed the Bellefeuille more than a visit from her favourite cugina. Surely, Luciana’s own time at Beauxbatons wasn’t completely eventless, even if perhaps it lacked giants. Still, Donatella would ask for advice as to how to handle this situation, as it was slowly reaching the limits of her own patience. Plus, she’d also ask to be pampered. She needed it, especially after seeing those awful creatures on a daily basis.

However, even if life at Beauxbatons was a complete and utter disaster at this point, Donatella couldn’t afford to look anything but perfect when meeting with Luciana. It was a good thing she had taken some extra clothes from home when returning to school in January, particularly some more elegant pieces of clothing. At first, Donatella thought that they occupied space uselessly, since she hadn’t need of especially elegant clothes at school, but with Luciana visiting, she was more than glad that she’d taken this decision back in January.

Having picked a more simple outfit, Donatella took a longer path to the Chatoeil, instead of her regular one. This path wasn’t as populated with giants as the other one, so it offered Nata a higher sense of security. As much security as one could have walking on a country side road with seven centimetres high heels on. Still, she had to endure this trial, as Donatella couldn’t afford looking anything but like a doll taken out of a box, especially when around Luci. Her cugina was the embodiment of elegance and grace, her model in what regarded sophistication. Donatella couldn’t disappoint her cugina by not looking anything but perfect, right?

She eventually reached the Chatoeil, and Donatella realised she was five minutes late already. The fifth year quickly made her way to Rebert’s, the agreed meeting spot. As soon as Donatella reached the café, she could see Luciana sitting at one of the outdoor tables, most likely both enjoying the light warm breeze while also being annoyed by Donatella’s unusual lack of punctuality. She rushed her way over the street, and approached the table at which her cugina was seated.

“Cara mia.” She addressed Luciana, in Italian, as a wide smile appeared on her face. “I’m so sorry I’m late. I took a longer path to the Chatoeil, you know, that awful country road that takes forever and a day. I wanted to avoid the giants.” Donatella pouted, hoping that Luciana wouldn’t be too upset with her. In the end, having one of her absolute favourite people ever be displeased with her wasn’t something Donatella was extremely keen on. 

[member=20886]Luciana Bertinelli[/member] [member=25008]Lowri[/member]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:37:18 PM by Laura »

s  h  e     l  o  o  k  e  d     d  a  i  s  y     s  a  f  e     b  u  t     s  m  e  l  l  e  d     r  o  s  e     w  i  l  d
d o n a t e l l a   b e r t i n e l l i

Luciana Bertinelli [ Dark Wizard ]
1255 Posts  •  19  •  Bisexual  •  played by laura
  • "Haven’t you heard? I don’t have a heart. Everyone knows that."
  • Trophy Closet Bulgaria National Team Fan Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Beauxbatons House Cup - Ombrelune (1999-2000) Influential Family Member Pureblood Character Former Ombrelune Musketeer
Re: go to the top [luciana]
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 01:39:06 AM »
She was late.

Luciana was always prompt and it irritated her when other people weren’t so considerate. Luckily for Donatella, she was family, so Lucia would let the mild offence slide – this time. Well, providing she got here within the next ten minutes.

It was a bright spring day and the elemental was outside Rebert’s; the warm sun on her fair skin, enjoying the fresh sea air borne up from the harbour and through the cobbled streets on a light breeze. She had already ordered, thinking Nata wouldn’t be far away. Rebert’s really was the best hot chocolate in France, possibly even in Europe.

The brunette was wearing a plain black tailored midi-dress with a low v-neckline, black stiletto heels and a black knee-length cape that was draped over her shoulders and fastened at her throat. The pale tone of her arms and chest stood out considerably against the dark colour of her hair and her attire; the exposed fair skin of her neck and chest drawing the attention of the waiter as he brought her hot chocolate to the table. The only pop of colour was the rich red of her lips and her nails. Luciana’s long fingers wrapped around the mug, the heat warming her hands through the porcelain. She looked every bit the fairytale villain sat surrounded by beautiful spring blossoms, the quintessential wicked stepsister, the evil queen.

Luciana was in Chatoeil to visit the town’s library – they had a sizeable herbology section with some rare texts that were not easily found anywhere else, and she was hoping to find some sort of breakthrough in her research. Luci had thought it would be rude to come all the way to Chatoeil and not meet up with her cousin. Arguably her favourite cousin – after all, she hadn’t written to anyone else. Just Nata.

Just as Lucia lifted her hot chocolate to her lips to take a sip her hazel eyes locked onto the familiar figure of her cousin approaching. She lowered the mug back to the table and waited for the younger Italian to reach her. The elemental reacted slowly, offering a close-lipped smile after a moment’s pause, standing to kiss her cousin once on each cheek, “La mia bellissima cugina,” she gripped Donatella’s upper arms with her hands momentarily before sitting back down, gesturing for Nata to do the same. “I suppose I can forgive you.” The former Ombrelune picked up her hot chocolate and took a sip, “Tell me about the giants.” It wasn’t really asked in the guise of polite small talk, more a demand, but the younger Bertinelli should be used to Luciana’s demeanour by now.

f r o m   m y   r o t t i n g   b o d y ,   f l o w e r s   s h a l l   g r o w ,
a n d   i   a m   i n   t h e m ,   a n d   t h a t   i s   e t e r n i t y

• flowers brighter than the rose bloomed in the blackest of the heath for her; out of a sullen hollow in a livid hillside her mind could make an eden
  • Trophy Closet This member has submitted a layout for the Group Shippers Layouts Contest! Completing a beautification student service thread Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Inga's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Bigonville Bombers Fan Costa Rica National Team Fan Beauxbatons House Cup - Bellefeuille (1998-1999) Beauxbatons House Cup - Bellefeuille (2000-2001) Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 04:09:10 PM »
Donatella was glad that Luciana didn’t seem too upset. Her lack of punctuality was something of the unusual, and the younger Italian could only hope that, as time would pass by, her cugina would completely forget about this distressing incident. She kissed back Lucia on both cheeks, and felt a soft shiver down her spine as the former Ombrelune placed her hands on Nata’s upper arms. She’d been forgiven, but surely this will not be forgotten anytime soon. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment, Donatella being more docile than ever as she arranged her skirt while taking a seat.

Her cugina inquired about the giants, and Donatella found herself at a loss. How could she even begin to explain the situation when she couldn’t even grasp it properly? Nata sighed, and placed her hands around the mug that Luciana obviously had ordered for her. Yet another sign that she’s disappointed her cugina by being late. “They’re related to Madame Maxime, I think. And the Headmistress is now away, so Professor Burgstaller is replacing her.” Donatella took a sip out of the hot chocolate, enjoying the warm sensation on her throat. It was exactly what she needed after the long walk.

“At first I was excited to see giants up close. I mean, it is fascinating.” Nata shrugged, figuring it was pointless to hide her previous enthusiasm and naïve, perhaps even childish curiosity.  “But… they’re playing catch with trees, taking baths in the ponds, breaking windows… “ She recalled a specific incident that occurred in Métaphysique, which was still haunting her. Donatella let one of her hands rest on her lap, as the other’s fingers wrapped around her mug, drawing it closer. Locks from her hair were resting on her shoulders and chest, despite having her hair gathered in her usual style, a high ponytail. Perhaps, in contrast to her cugina, she now looked like the perfect damsel in distress, an innocent princess that needed help.

“It’s like… ecological terrorists moved in. Beauxbatons will soon become a swamp.” Donatella meekly crossed her legs under the table, leaning in a bit as she took another sip of her hot chocolate. She swallowed slowly, deciding that the sweet beverage was now everything she needed and more to brighten her mood. The drink and, of course, Lucia’s presence as well, which was the best thing that’s happened to her in weeks. “It’s just so sad. Seeing everything get ruined.” Nata let out another sigh, her gaze focusing now on her cugina’s figure. “Did anything like this happen to you while at Beauxbatons?” The girl inquired timidly, not wanting to have Luciana relive haunting memories on purpose.

However, if her cugina had gone through something similar and could give her some pieces of advice, then it would be for the best. Perhaps asking directly wasn’t the worst idea, and so the Bellefeuille decided that she wouldn’t regret her choice of letting her curiosity take over. 

s  h  e     l  o  o  k  e  d     d  a  i  s  y     s  a  f  e     b  u  t     s  m  e  l  l  e  d     r  o  s  e     w  i  l  d

Luciana Bertinelli [ Dark Wizard ]
1255 Posts  •  19  •  Bisexual  •  played by laura
  • "Haven’t you heard? I don’t have a heart. Everyone knows that."
  • Trophy Closet Bulgaria National Team Fan Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Beauxbatons House Cup - Ombrelune (1999-2000) Influential Family Member Pureblood Character Former Ombrelune Musketeer
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »
Luciana’s doe eyes were fixed firm on her cousin’s, paying close attention to what Donatella was telling her. “Madame Maxime is away?” The elemental asked in mild surprise. Last she had heard, the Headmistress had owled Volker, asking him to cover for a missing Métaphysique professor. It seemed most unusual that Madame Maxime would leave the school during the term. Even more so that she would invite her... relatives to stay. “Well, you could have a worse stand-in Headmaster than Burgstaller. He’s old and likes cheese a bit too much, but he’s harmless, really.”

“They’re what?!” Luciana visibly bristled. The idea of those monstrous oafs tearing up the grounds obviously not sitting well with the former Ombrelune. She could care less at a broken window – easily fixed with a wand – but trees were not so simply healed. It took considerable effort to successfully reroot even a sapling that had been torn from the ground, let alone the gigantic pines that Luciana fondly remembered taking shelter beneath.

“Yes, but it was quite a different sort of situation.” She replied, then took a long drink of her hot chocolate. The elemental attack, though several years ago, was still fresh in her memory. Luciana had managed to remain unexposed during the fight, but to this day regretted not being allowed to do her part, show her talent. “The year before you started there was an... invasion of sorts. You probably heard about it.” Luci trailed off, reluctant to delve too far into details – what if Nata figured her out and told her father, Uncle Salvatore? Of the Bertinelli’s, only Luciana’s father knew the truth about his daughter.

“Donatella,” Luciana began, her fingers clenched tightly around her mug – the only visible sign of her distress. “You mustn’t let those... barbarians take over the school.” She would have to get in touch with Volker as soon as possible, find out what she could do to help. Luciana had no great loyalty to Beauxbatons as an institution, but it had been her home for several years – more of a home than the one she lived in with her father. The grounds and greenhouses had been her solace when she’d had few friends. “I will see what I can do to help, but you need to do your part too.”

The brunette swapped her legs so that they were crossed the other way as she sat up straighter. "Tell me exactly what is happening – what are the professors doing?"

f r o m   m y   r o t t i n g   b o d y ,   f l o w e r s   s h a l l   g r o w ,
a n d   i   a m   i n   t h e m ,   a n d   t h a t   i s   e t e r n i t y

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »
Donatella remarked her cousin’s surprise, but she guessed it was only normal. Anyone and everyone would be astonished to find out the Beauxbatons Headmistress was away, and only in touch presumably with Professor Burgstaller. The Bellefeuille wasn’t sure on the latter, but she could only assume that the new acting Headmaster would not have made any of the decisions he’d taken so far without actively consulting with Madame Maxime through letters. “I know, but he feels different lately.” Donatella remarked, pausing to take another sip from her hot chocolate.

“Ever since he became acting Headmaster, Professor Burgstaller barely pays attention to his cheese selection in class, and his cats seem to hate him.” The fifth year arched an eyebrow; she doubted many of her own classmates had noticed that specific change, nonetheless Donatella enjoyed the Professor’s cats, and playing with them, and they were all acting rather strange lately. “I assume he must be stressed over the new position, and he’s making many changes.”

Donatella then leaned it, to let out in a low whisper. “He introduced duelling sessions.” It felt even wrong to say it out loud. She was aware that duelling was practiced at several other wizarding schools, Durmstrang being especially famous for that. But Beauxbatons? Donatella was not against dwelling into harsher magic, for she already had gone into darker magic herself, but she had enjoyed it being more of secret issue, a special something she had that nobody else at Beauxbatons would. If everyone would study defensive spells at an advanced level, they might as well make teaching dark magic directly the norm.

“And there’s a curfew and everything now.” Donatella leaned back in her chair. “Necessary considering the giants, but rather useless for those of us who actually want to do some studying at the school.” She furrowed her brows at Luciana’s following reaction, regarding the ecological terrorists that the giants proved themselves to be. She just nodded in a depressed, yet resigned manner at her cousin, and Donatella just took another sip out of her drink, trying to ease her own sadness regarding the tragic way in which the Beauxbatons gardens looked with sweetness.

As she drank, the Venetian listened to Luciana’s words regarding the previous situation at Beauxbatons, an event she’s heard of, but had never really dug up into. Her cousin didn’t seem keen on sharing too much, and Donatella didn’t want to press on the matter. She sketched an understanding smile in her cousin’s direction. But, truth be told, Donatella would have liked to know what exactly had happened, especially now, when she herself could use with some advice.

Donatella inhaled deeply as Lucia told her she should act in regards to the giants. She narrowed her eyes in the former Ombrelune’s direction. As sweet, delicate and angelic Nata may seem, she had brief moments when her coldness could have over her façade, mere seconds in which the girl would reveal how truly merciless her nature could be. She didn’t take offense in Luciana’s remark, her unfeelingness being caused mostly by the fact that her cousin thought, even for the briefest of moments that Nata wasn't actually handling the situation already. Yes, she’d had her initial shock, nonetheless, Lucia knew her.

Her smile widened and her innocent allure surfaced once more. “It’s alright, I guess. I believe the Professors are planning something. They’re taking their sweet time though, which is unpleasant, but I’ve heard that more changes are to take place. Good ones.” Before she would have to act herself, Donatella had to obtain all the necessary information, and only later on calculate on how to act in regards to the giants. “I do believe all these changes regarding defence have a purpose, but I would rather the giants situation would be solved soon enough. Relatives of Madame Maxime or not, Beauxbatons belongs to the students, it’s our home.” Donatella elegantly flipped her hair over her shoulder, as she sweetly glanced at Lucia.

“Professor Blauvelt” She referred to Volker, whom she knew as being one of her cousin’s friends. “froze a giant the other day. It was quite spectacular.” Donatella let out a giggle. “I consider his actions were regarded nicely.” The Bellefeuille hinted that other Professors would perhaps act in a similar manner soon enough, and therefore there was no need for either of them to go out of their way.

“I am planning to take advantage of my student service and start doing some serious gardening – repairing and replanting. So I would love it if you can send me some more seeds of my favourite roses. Fiorenzo always manages to get the wrong kind.” She mentioned the name of one of the l’omertà members that Salvatore personally assigned to take care of Donatella. It was one of the highest honours to tend to her, but the man, while capable in many other aspects, was pretty bad at picking out plants seeds.

“I know it’s a chore, but mother and father never seem to have time.” Donatella sighed, despite being already used to it by now, seeing her parents just at dinner time every other day, where conversation was also restricted to Salvatore lecturing his daughter over various issues. She took another sip out of her hot chocolate, and glanced in Luciana’s direction. “Can we maybe discuss something else?” Donatella inquired, on a gentle, sweet, imploring voice. “Life at Beauxbatons is already so nerve-wracking this year with those barbarians around, I would enjoy to know how lovely the outside world is.”

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!