September 22, 2018, 09:37:03 PM

Author Topic:  [School beautification] All the pretty things (Nata)  (Read 418 times)

Donatella Bertinelli [ Bellefeuille ]
122 Posts  •  16  •  Trees  •  played by Elena
Re: [School beautification] All the pretty things (Nata)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »
Donatella didn’t comment on Rosalia’s explanations, instead she nodded her head in approval, just silently agreeing with her cousin. Zio Milo had been completely useless in this entire situation. It was a father’s duty to defend his daughter. Nata couldn’t be more upset at her zio even if she’d have wanted to. As a father, as a wizard, as man even, he was a disappointment.

She arched an eyebrow at Rosalia’s comment regarding the dead flower in hand, and did her very best to suppress a giggle. “Not you, but him.” Donatella shrugged, and kneeled once more, to plant more seeds. They were being quite productive despite the tragic circumstances. Nothing less from an Italian and a Venetian – definitely not as lazy and useless as the French.

The conversation got more and more confusing. Reasoning with her nonno? Why would Rosalia go through so much trouble when the solution was so very easy? Donatella sighed and smiled sympathetically, trying as much as possible not to impose her own opinion. In the end, it was Rosalia’s choice. The Papillonlisse hadn’t answered her question, so Nata took it that Rosa didn’t mind the French fiancé’s looks. That had to be it, the reason why she didn’t want him dead, or insane, or even poisoned in the first place.

Disappointing.

“Of course he deserves death.” Donatella finally replied at Rosalia’s explanation regarding her fiancé, completely appalled. “Any wizard should be honoured beyond belief.” She put a hand on her chest, dramatically sighing with disbelief. This boy didn’t need potions to drive him insane, for he was already mad. It was one thing Rosalia not enjoying the engagement and being against it, but him refusing her cousin? Blasphemy. Kid wouldn’t have a shot with a witch of her cousin’s prestige even if he would be reborn seven more times.

“So he’s also blind, I would assume.” She added sharply, while planting another seed.

s  h  e     l  o  o  k  e  d     d  a  i  s  y     s  a  f  e     b  u  t     s  m  e  l  l  e  d     r  o  s  e     w  i  l  d
d o n a t e l l a   b e r t i n e l l i

Rosalia Rossellini [ Papillonlisse ]
79 Posts  •  17  •  heterosexual  •  played by Inga
  • her lips are devil red and her skin's the colour mocha
  • Trophy Closet Completing a beautification student service thread Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Inga's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Inga's Sapphire FPP Reward 2017 Participated in the Pegasus Derby at the Intermediate level! Inga's FPP 2016 Amethyst Reward Jenny's Holiday 2016 Prize Inga's FPP 2016 Sapphire Reward Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 07:16:05 PM »
Rosalia smiled weakly as Donatella responded to her comment about being like the dead flower she was holding. "He looked very much alive last time I saw him," she muttered as she watched her cousin plant more seeds. She could still look forward to the future while Rosalia herself thought that hers was over before it even started. The girl sighed again and picked up a delicate but headless little male sculpture, looking around for the missing head.

"Have you seen his head?" Rosa asked showing Nata the sculpture. "It's not like one of the ancient statues that are still amazing even if they are beheaded."

Donatella really thought that her future fiancé deserved death? The Papillonlisse shook her head in disbelief. "Nata..." she said exasperated but didn't continue because she didn't want to interrupt the other girl.

It felt good to hear that Nata's opinion of her was high, that she didn't think that one needed to find some guy for her, no matter how unpleasant. It was as though her family deemed her worthless of a good match. Rosalia had had dreams for the future and she felt quite certain that these dreams would not come true with Maurice. Again she sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe he doesn't really have a problem with me but with the arranged marriage itself," Rosalia mused. Well, the Ombrelune probably also had a problem with her. He most definitely didn't want a social butterfly as his wife when he looked like he'd spend the rest of his life in a dark cave.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »
For now. Donatella thought, catching Rosalia’s comment. She wouldn’t push it, nonetheless, Rosa was a smart girl. Surely she would come to see the light sooner or later. Better sooner than later, however, that was up to the seventh year herself, as Nata couldn’t and wouldn’t push the issue any further. Naturally, she suspected the Papillonlisse was aware that she only wanted the best for her. Ever if Rosalia was slightly a coward regarding poisons.

Donatella sighed, and planted one more seed. This time around she did it manually, not using her wand anymore. The prospect of murder through poison had gotten her all excited, just to be disappointed in the end. If anything, a bit of manual labour would help her cope with her disenchantment.

Gazing in the statue’s direction, Donatella widened her eyes. “Oh.” She looked down and picked up the head from under a dead flower that rested next to her. “Here.” Donatella handed it over to Rosalia, for her cousin to resume her activity of fixing statues, as she did the replanting.

“Well, let’s be honest, it’s not like arranged marriages are rare.” They really weren’t. In Donatella’s circle at least, it was more often than rarer. Which was actually tragic now that she was thinking about it. What if her father would make a mistake in picking out a partner for her, just like Rosalia’s grandfather? No, no. It would never happen. Her father was much better than that. Or so she hoped.

“So I don’t think he’d have an issue with the concept on its own. It’s always about the person who you’re forced to marry.” She shrugged. “Isn’t it?” Donatella raised her gaze, looking at Rosalia. “I mean if you were engaged to a rich, handsome, smart, young Italian socialite in his mid-20s you yourself wouldn’t be so upset. Right?” Nata asked, head gently tilting to the side as her eyes slightly widened, the girl being genuinely curious.

s  h  e     l  o  o  k  e  d     d  a  i  s  y     s  a  f  e     b  u  t     s  m  e  l  l  e  d     r  o  s  e     w  i  l  d

• Trophy Closet Completing a beautification student service thread Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Inga's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Inga's Sapphire FPP Reward 2017 Participated in the Pegasus Derby at the Intermediate level! Inga's FPP 2016 Amethyst Reward Jenny's Holiday 2016 Prize Inga's FPP 2016 Sapphire Reward Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 08:01:05 PM »
"Ah there it is," Rosalia said strangely relieved as though fixing the statue would also fix the mess that was her own life. "Thanks!" she took the head and held it for a moment, just looking at it. It was a handsome face. However, it was not that of a Greek or Roman God. It looked like it could have been modelled after a Beauxbatons boy, not that she had anyone in particular in mind. However, the face looked like that of a teenage boy rather than a handsome man.

Rosalia shrugged the thought off and held the head on the neck, flicking her wand to fix it there. Well, maybe the boy statue was now tilting his head as though he was looking at something on the ground left to him but the Italian didn't really care. She was not an expert when it came to fixing things and she hadn't really tried hard either. It was the best she could do in her current state. She placed the statue on the flower bed so it could take a look at the earth and wait for the plants to come out. He had to wait still a little while unless, of course, Nata and Rosa would decide to speed the process up a little.

The seventh year, however, did not feel like speeding anything up anymore. The future could not be far enough away now. She wouldn't mind to be stuck in an endless time warp as long as that meant that she would never have to marry Maurice.

She nodded when Nata remarked that arranged marriages were not rare. That was true but it did not mean that she, Rosalia, had to have one herself. And even if her family insisted on an arranged marriage - they could have had the decency at least to search for a suitable partner rather than take Moreau! But Donatella was right, of course. It had to be about the person too and not only about the concept.

"You're right. Nonno could have chosen a partner I'd feel flattered to marry. I don't get why he does this to me though. I mean with Moreau. What does the family have to offer that makes him sacrifice me like that?" Her voice was trembling again now and Rosalia took a deep breath, trying to calm down before she'd burst into tears again.

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 08:36:52 PM »
“Exactly.” Donatella nodded in approval, glad that Rosa agreed that it was a matter of the partner more, rather than the arrangement in itself. Her nonno had been quite disappointing there, picking out a partner who was clearly inferior to her cousin. Nata bit her lower lip, carefully listening to Rosalia’s next words.

The Papillonlisse’s voice started trembling once more, and the fifth year found herself pouting, feeling a little more than just sad. She genuinely wanted to help Rosa, she really did. But she obviously couldn’t do that when the Italian clearly didn’t want proper help, but just sweet talks with her nonno.

“Maybe your nonno has some secret plans? I mean the Moreau family could have some underground, unknown business.” Donatella pondered on the thought, picking out another seed from the bag and planting it, yet again manually. “But I think I would’ve heard of the family if that were the case. Unless they’re in some twisted business like necromancy.” Nata placed some earth over the seed, and gently tapped it.

“You could ask around, find out something more precise before talking to your nonno.” Donatella then picked up the bag, and looked inside it, searching for her favourite flower’s seed – the rose. “But not here.” She added, a bit more cautiously. “In the end, students could tell on you and he could find out you’re looking into him. Ask in the Chatoeil.” Nata selected and took out the seed she was looking for and started planting it, with extra care this time. It was her favourite, after all.

“We can go together, if you’d rather not go alone.”

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 08:50:44 PM »
If for Maurice the choice of partner was the problem rather than the arranged marriage itself - what did that mean for her? Rosa liked to believe that Maurice clearly had no taste in girls. Maybe he was even gay? That would explain it. Yes, that had to be it. Rosa did not want to believe that there could be a boy who did not want her as his girlfriend or fiancée or wife... She frowned. He had to be gay or have an awfully bad taste in girls. That was the only plausible explanation, after all.

"Hmmm," Rosalia nodded, "yes, I'd suppose so. I mean, he would not just find an intolerable husband for me without some hindsight, right? That would make no sense at all. However, I am not sure what they have their fingers in." Truth be told Rosalia was not much into wizarding politics or whatever it was she'd have to be interested in to know if a family had some influence or not. She was a little surprised to hear Nata say that she'd know them if they were in some underground business. While the Bertinellis were definitely a family with influence, Rosa did not believe that Donatella herself knew all that much on the matter.

Her suggestion to find out more about Maurice and his family sounded clever though. It was a good idea to do her homework before talking to nonno so she'd be well prepared to talk to him. After all, so Rosalia assumed, she'd only get one chance to talk to him about this before her chances of reversing the engagement would be gone forever.

"Hmm..." Rosalia made again. "I think I can probably also ask some people at school. There are enough that could possibly have valuable information to offer without bringing me into a precarious situation. However, I'd appreciate it a lot if you'd help me do the research in Chatoeil." She offered a slight smile as she picked up a piece of a statue, examining it thoughtfully.

"What do you reckon this belongs to?" She really wasn't sure what part of a statue this might be and how the rest of it might look like.

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 09:52:18 PM »
Rosalia agreed with her, as it was only normal.

“Absolutely. I mean even if he is not the most suitable fiancé for you, his surname must mean something.” Donatella shrugged, even if she didn’t know what the French family’s business was. Nonetheless, there must be something. Certainly Rosalia’s nonno wasn’t out to get his niece, and completely and utterly destroy her life without any kind of purpose at all. She highly doubted her cousin even did something to upset her grandfather to such a degree. Something was going on, even if hidden behind the curtains.

“If you’re sure they won’t go and tell him you’re doing your research...” Donatella repeated, wanting to make sure Rosa’s emotions won’t take over her once more, and she would be particularly objective when discussing the French boy with other students. In the end, when finding out information, one didn’t have to reveal a high level of interest. If they did, the other party always had something on the one demanding the information, and the providers could blackmail at any point. She didn’t wish that for Rosalia.

Donatella nodded in approval, as she finished planting the rose seed. “Yes, of course.” She commented, reassuring Rosalia that she would accompany her to the Chatoeil and help her find out pieces of information regarding the fiancé’s family’s business.

The fifth year got up, deciding there were enough seeds for now. In a week or so, she would check out how they were doing, and plant a few more if needed. Now, she should also focus on repairing the broken pots and statues. Her eyes fell on the piece of statue which Rosalia showed her. Nata took it from her cousin’s hand, and looked at it curiously. “I’ll go see if the rest is around here.” With that in mind, she decided to look behind a nearby bush. Surely a lot of pieces and dead flowers would be there, and they’ve simply not noticed them yet.

These giants just ruined everything. They were almost as bad as Rosalia’s fiancé. Almost.

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 10:13:55 PM »
"To me it means nothing," Rosalia said in regards to the surname and her not wanting to take it on herself. "Just imagine the sound of... No. I cannot even speak it aloud. It just makes it more real. However, yes, of course. You're right. There has to be something I don't yet know." She nodded and sighed again. Her life had always been so happy-go-lucky and now, all of a sudden, she was a melancholic girl, dreading the time after her graduation. Rosalia certainly did not want to be like this.

"I am sure, yes." Rosa said. "Honestly, if I tell some friends that I saw Moreau again in the girl's toilet smoking and pestering some underclassmen, they'll surely start to bitch and gossip without having any suspicions. I could then even remark that I don't understand what a kind of upbringing a boy must have had to turn into a misanthrope like him." It was easy to learn the latest gossip from the girls at Beauxbatons, after all. While not all shared much there were some, especially in Rosalia's own house who'd willingly fill her in on everything they knew about Maurice.

"Okay," the Papillonlisse said, handing her cousin the piece of the statue. She took a few steps but stopped in her tracks as her boots kicked against something hard again. Below a thin surface of dirt there was another piece of a sculpture. Rosalia bowed down and pulled it out, brushing the dirt off the surface.

She snorted when she saw what it was - it was a little Amor but some parts of his body were battered. "Look... maybe we should not put him up in the gardens anymore but take him for ourselves. Who knows, if he can do the job he might be useful in the future." Her voice sounded bitter now, much unlike Rosalia's usual tone.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:54:07 AM by Inga »

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 11:55:05 AM »
Indeed, Rosalia Moreau sounded especially appalling. Donatella couldn’t even imagine how awful it would be to the rest of one’s life without their Italian surname. Italian surnames – and names – were naturally the very best, the most elegant, yet imposing. Rosalia would definitely lose a lot of her name’s elegance and grace should she give it up and take a French one. She couldn’t even think of how to comfort her cousin regarding this matter. Nata sighed, and continued searching behind the bush.

“Girls’ toilet?” Donatella suddenly turned around to face the seventh year, eyes widened with shock. Why would he be there? And were the underclassmen in question girls? Did he kick out girls from the girls’ toilet? What an awful boy. Her jaw dropped, shocked and upset. How dare he? Nobody but a girl should enter the girls’ private quarters. This was all because Madame Maxime wasn’t around. Nobody in their rights minds would behave in such an ill-manner way with their Headmistress around. That boy deserved the worst, he deserved to be expelled.

However, she couldn’t help but wonder why exactly the French even was in the girls’ bathroom. Why couldn’t he simply smoke in the boys’ one? Was he uncomfortable there? Was this French fiancé gay? Well, that would definitely solve a lot of Rosa’s problems, and also the curiosity as of why he didn’t enjoy being engaged to a clearly drop-dead gorgeous Italian, much more superior than even the majority of French elites.

Donatella drew closer to Rosalia as the other witch showed her an Amor. The girl sketched a shy smile, picking up the little statue from Rosalia’s hand. She took her wand out once more, and with a flick, fixed the Amor. He was all nice and shiny now. “Here.” Nata handed it back to Rosa, her warm smile getting a little wider. “He should help more now.” With that said, the Bellefeuille decided to just finish everything fast. Her cousin’s attitude was getting more and more pessimistic and bitter, and Donatella figured that sitting down somewhere nice and having some tea would be a much better idea.

With another flick of her wand, all the statues were fixed, and all the dead plants were gathered on the blanket she’d previously prepared. The blanket wrapped gently around the flowers, and Nata started levitating it. “Let’s take this to the shed, and then have some tea somewhere nice? We could go to the Chatoeil, maybe even watch a play?” The Bellefeuille took her cousin’s hand in her own, and slowly started walking in the shed’s direction. She could only hope a change of air would help Rosalia, even the slightest bit.

[[out]]

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2018, 12:11:38 PM »
"Yeah," Rosalia confirmed, "he seems to be there frequently and he upsets little girls with his attitude. Truth be told, I don't know why he's really there but... as he's my future husband I should maybe confront him." Her voice was bitter again and the girl frowned a little. Really, what kind of loser did her nonno pick for her there?

Donatella fixed the Amor and handed it back to Rosa. For a moment the seventh year just looked at him, wondering if she should really remove him from the gardens where he belonged. Was it theft to take the statue into her dormitory? Rosalia wasn't sure and didn't want to risk anything.

Remembering where Nata had planted the roses just a moment ago, Rosalia approached the part of the flower bed and placed the little Amor there. "I think here we can visit him and here he'll have a rightful place in the future. He'll look pretty among roses, don't you think?!" It was rhetorical question, nothing that Rosa needed an answer to. Nonetheless she looked at her cousin and offered a tentative little smile.

Nata had in the meantime done some more tasks around the gardens, fixing a few of the less bad damaged statues and gathered the dead plants. "Sounds like a great plan," Rosa agreed when her cousin said that, after they'd been to the shed, they could spend the afternoon in Chatoeil. It was an intriguing plan and maybe they could even find something out about the Moreaus.

[[and out]]

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!