Author Topic:  whoo hahaha! I did it! I really really did it! - april mp [daniil]  (Read 65 times)

• Offline Valda Pavlycheva
    • From the moment I saw you, I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life avoiding you
    • Livvy
    • Gio+Val=Valio
    • 223 Posts
    • Trophy Closet
      Halfblood Character Russia National Team Fan Alla's pet skeleton (Inga's FPP Amethyst Award 2017) Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award
    Valda was running as fast as she could. She was coming from the dragon stables in a sprint. Her hair whipped behind her. Her black uniform boots clapped loudly against the ground as she raced back to the main building of the school. Her heart was pounding in her chest. She ran in long strides with her arms pumping by her side. Just as she rounded a corner she found herself coming to a fork in the road. One direction led towards the school while the other came from the greenhouse. She quickly jumped into the nearby trees as she heard large bodies of students draw closer. Classes were just letting out. Valda was careful to keep herself hidden.

She carefully put her fiery red hair up in an extra hair tie she had on her wrist. She pushed herself into the trees to hide herself from the view of others as they passed by. From her run, she could hear herself breathing loudly. Reflecting on what Gio had taught her about hiding and keeping quiet, she closed her eyes and turned her thoughts inwards to focus on her breathing. She relaxed her body, breathed in through her nose and then slowly out through her mouth. Her heartbeat was beginning to slowdown quickly. Valda gained control of herself once again. Now she sat and waited amongst the trees as students passed her, but none took the path to the dragon stable. Once Valda had seen the student, she opened a potion from her pouch and drank it to make her complexion whiter. She wasted no time in snatching him before she could be spotted.

"Daniil!" Valda reached out and grabbed the Drakonya Krov boy through the trees and onto a section of the path to the stables not often used by the students since the Order of the Dragon had made its presence known at the school. Quickly, she acted as if she had just gotten there rather than waiting for him. Valda's face was pale and her breathing labored. She pointed in the direction of the stables as she leaned over with her other hand on her her legs to keep her up. "Daniil! The dragons! Trouble!" Her tone was full of worry and urgency. "There's no time!" Before Daniil could protest or try to get his mother or another professor nearby to help, Valda intercepted and continued. "One of them is hurt real bad. You have to come see!" As she was "catching her breath", she stood up straight and locked her gaze on him. Her face was serious with her eyebrows furrowed together and what looked like some tears in her eyes. "Daniil, it's the smallest one. I think the older and stronger dragons were demonstrating their dominance. He didn't have much of a chance. He's still alive, and I was going to try to help, but I don't know if it's safe. That's why I grabbed you. We don't have time to get your mother. Please, Daniil! We have to hurry!"

Before Daniil could protest, she turned and ran back down the road towards the stables. She could only hope Daniil was in tow, but her intuition reassurred her he was. Daniil loved dragons. She had seen him reading and studying everything about them. When he wasn't studying, he had been in the stables before restrictions had been placed on students entering the vicinity. In her gut, she knew that if a dragon was in as much danger as she had described to him, he wouldn't second guess anything and would come with her, rushing to the dragon's aid.

@Kaisa  @Daniil Krylov
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:24:50 AM by Livvy »
    ~ Livvy - OOC | Pinterest | Valio | Sandbox | Shipper | Eruda, Russia ~

• Offline Daniil Krylov
  • Re: whoo hahaha! I did it! I really really did it! - april mp [daniil]
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 06:40:18 AM »
    "So then the seamstress walks back into the stateroom and says 'Titanium? I thought you said cranium!'" Daniil laughed as he completed his joke, though his friends didn't think it was quite as funny as he did. Oh well, he wasn't very good at jokes. The topic quickly turned to the upcoming students vs. teachers Quidditch match as Daniil and his friends made their way from the school to the Quidditch pitch to practice. Though he didn't play himself, and even flat out refused to get on a broom, Daniil was going as moral support, and to act as a referee of sorts. Secretly though, the Krov knew that as soon as his friends were up in the air, he'd be forgotten and would end up studying Swedish the whole time instead. That was what had happened the last three times anyways.

Oh no. Daniil groaned inwardly as he heard a familiar voice call his name, though none of his friends seemed to hear it. What a rip! There was no way that this was going to be good. The Krov yelped as he was pulled through the trees, away from his friends, and came face to face with a rather distressed looking Valda. He eyed the girl warily. What did she want? And why was she picking on him? It wasn't like they were really friends or anything. And besides, ever since their last encounter several months ago, Valda hadn't paid Daniil much, if any, attention. In fact, he hadn't even seen her outside of classes and meal times. So what had changed? And why was she acting so weird?

Sure, she was panting, but as she explained her reasoning for snatching him from his group of friends, Daniil fixed her with a skeptical gaze. Was he really supposed to believe that she'd come running all the way from the dragon stables and just so happened to stop to grab him instead of doing the sensible thing and grabbing someone older and more experienced? And besides, if it was really that big of an emergency, why was she grabbing someone younger and worse at magic than she was? No, Daniil was sure she was bluffing. "If it's actually as serious as you say it is, then I won't be able to help much." He said, matter-of-factly "I don't know much about healing, let alone healing dragons, so I think that if the dragons are really in trouble we should get my mom." His arguments landed on deaf ears however, as she ran off towards the stables.

Yes, he was following her, but not because he believed what she was saying. In fact, he didn't buy a single word that she'd said, but he was a little curious about what exactly she had planned at the stables. Honestly, he figured that she wanted to get past the wards and pet one or something, but forgot how to take them down and that was really why she wanted him there. Of course he knew the wards, though he probably wouldn't actually open them for her. He didn't know if he trusted her around the dragons without the wards up. He didn't bother running after her, instead following at a loose jog. He wasn't in any rush. When he'd finally caught up to her, he couldn't hold it in anymore. "Okay, what are you actually planning, Valda?"

• Offline Valda Pavlycheva
    • From the moment I saw you, I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life avoiding you
    • Livvy
    • Gio+Val=Valio
    • 223 Posts
    • Trophy Closet
      Halfblood Character Russia National Team Fan Alla's pet skeleton (Inga's FPP Amethyst Award 2017) Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award
    Valda paid no heed to his questions before she took off towards the stables. She could only hope Daniil was in tow. She would have imagined he'd be much more concerned about a dragon's welfare than he was showing. For sure, if she had seen Marja and snatched her instead, she may have had better luck. Right away, she could tell that pranking the Krov was going to be much more difficult than she had first anticipated. "Daniil, hurry up!" Those were the only words she called back to him as she ran to the stable entrance.

Valda had pulled her wand out once she was at the door. Her arms reached over her head as she paced back and forth a short distance to help her catch her breath. When Daniil came and asked his what she found to be a rather idiotic question, she glared daggers at him. True, she hadn't bothered with him since around November before break. The orphan had her own personal matters to deal with, like grieving for her mother, and making things right between herself and Gio again after their fight over Christmas break. Now, she was trying to reach back out, get involved in the school activities and holidays being practiced by everyone else. Perhaps this was a way she could better cope with her mother's passing and bounce back to how she was. She was trying, really trying. Maybe trying to prank Daniil wasn't the best one-of-first options to try though.

"I'm not planning anything!" She was quick to defend herself. "You run too slow! Don't you hear them in there?" The dragons were much louder than their usual groans, roars, and squeaks. Before finding Daniil, she had just come from within the stables. She had spent her time trying to get close to the Ukrainian Ironbelly dragons, though she didn't dare upset them. She knew that none of the dragons were out of their stalls and it was safe to enter. The redhead assumed that the loud ruckus was from the dragons getting in a fight or just being onorary towards each other. Though she knew there wasn't any imminent danger as long as they followed the rules, she wanted to make him believe that there was something wrong.

"You say you won't be any help. but your the dragon flying professor's son! If you can't physically help, you can tell me what to do or what we should do. We can grab someone here in a second, but there's a dragon in there that's seriously wounded." She took him by the arm and marched up to the doors, swinging them open and shoving him in. Rather than staying outside and locking him in the stables like she had planned to do, she followed him in. "Come on, it was one of the Peruvian Vipertooths." Valda stepped around him, headed towards the species's designated area. Her wand was held out in front of her, ready for any surprises from the dragons, ready to defend herself just in case, and ready to cast some harmless hex on Daniil should he try to do anything funny.

As they drew closer to the stall, Val hopped ahead. "Look! See?" She pointed into the stall at a couple of healthy, young dragons who were enjoying themselves. She continued to look as if she was incredibly worried for a dragon's welfare. That was until Daniil had come over to look at the dragons. A smug smirk pulled at her lips, though she attempted to hide her satisfaction for getting him to make it this far into her now utterly failed prank. There was more planned. She had actually wanted to get a dragon out, but didn't know how to bring a ward down. If she had gotten the dragon on, she would have escaped, brought Daniil to the stables, and then locked him in for a few minutes so he could panic and hide from the hungry creature. Valda didn't know the enchantment however, so she was stumped and had to come up with the next best thing.
    ~ Livvy - OOC | Pinterest | Valio | Sandbox | Shipper | Eruda, Russia ~

Tags: