Author Topic:  [timeturner] shake, rattle and roll [honey]  (Read 79 times)

• Offline Charlie Baker
    • I'm your man on the moon
    • laura
    • Heterosexual
    • 272 Posts
    • Trophy Closet
      but seriously though... margaritas. Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award "This driver was sorted into the ambitious house of Slytherin during Anniversary 2017" ~ Slytherin placed 2nd during the House Cup with 2423 points. Muggleborn Character
    [timeturner] shake, rattle and roll [honey]
    « on: July 18, 2018, 09:25:45 AM »
    staffordshire, england | october 1998

When Charlie had asked Honey out on a proper date – not just for a drink late at night, to be followed by other activities – he’d half expected her to decline his invitation, but she hadn’t. He wasn’t sure if it was out of pity because it was his birthday, or because she had actually wanted to come, but judging by the semi-awkward smiles they had both been wearing all day she wasn’t hating every minute of it. They were at a muggle theme park – had been for the best part of the day, having arrived late morning after a sleep-in. It was the end of October so the schools had all gone back, which meant the park was relatively quiet compared with how busy it would have been a couple of months earlier.

Charlie sat next down next to Honey on the bench. “Here,” he said, handing her a freshly-cracked can of ginger ale that he’d just purchased from one of the many stalls dotted throughout the park. “Would buy you something stronger but,” he smirked, “that’s all they’ve got, sorry.” His grandmother had taught him that ginger ale was good for upset stomachs; he assumed that was what the problem was. Insensitive though he might be appear of the time, Charlie could be observant and considerate when he wanted to. And he’d really rather not make an arse out of himself the first time they hung out like a normal couple. If that’s what they were. He thought so, at least. He wasn’t being entirely exclusive but, he wasn’t seeing anyone else.

The musician felt a little guilty that she’d been negatively affected by the g-forces of the newest park attraction: a rollercoaster that Charlie had had his eye on all day but had been building Honey up to. He didn’t know why he preferred coasters – the speed? The adrenaline rush? Or perhaps just that it removed any need to talk. Charlie didn’t spend a whole lot of time with Honey sober, or any woman for that matter. Alcohol made him more chatty, amongst other things. It was like going to the cinema to see a film – you got to spend time together without needing to have topics of conversation. But he hadn't wanted to take Honey to the movies.

He gave Honey a minute or two to sip at her drink, then produced a folded up, brightly-coloured card from his back pocket. Very obviously, he opened it and flashed the photograph inside at her. “Shame they don’t move here, eh?” He smirked. Charlie hardly looked picture perfect, his usually perfectly-styled hair whipped back by the sheer force of the rollercoaster, but Honey looked like she’d eaten something foul and was struggling to keep it down. He let out a laugh and stood, taking a step away and stretching. “I saw a haunted house I think, if that’s more up your alley?”

@Honey Bea Flume

t h e r e ' s   a   s e  t   o f   r i c k e t y   s t a i r s   i n   b e t w e e n   m y   h e a r t   a n d   m y   h e a d

• Offline Honey Bea Flume
  • Re: [timeturner] shake, rattle and roll [honey]
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 01:04:20 AM »
    Usually seeing someone she was sleeping with in the daytime was a pretty clear indication that things were getting too serious. She had agreed without hesitation, though, when Charlie had asked her to a muggle theme park. Maybe because it was his birthday, or that she had always wanted to go to a theme park and been refused every time she asked her mother or grandparents to take her.

Mostly, she thought it was a normal response to being completely overwhelmed, to search for anything that might take off a bit of the stress. She had been the owner of her parents’ shop — no, her shop now — for a few months now. Stress relief, she had convinced herself, was the reason for getting involved with someone her brother’s age in the first place. It’d make sense if that was still the reason.

Only the tiniest part of Honey Bea considered that she genuinely liked Charlie Baker. Possible, maybe, but not plausible.

In that single moment, however, she was absolutely head over heels in love with him. Whatever she was sipping at was doing wonders for her stomach, which had slowed to doing only lazy somersaults rather than performing an entire circus routine. It would pass though, both her rollercoaster induced nausea and that feeling for Charlie, just as soon as she was back in control of the situation. This was just an unplanned moment of weakness.

“Yikes.” Honey scooted closer to get a better look at the picture. She tilted her head and smirked. “Maybe it’s better it’s not moving,” she stated, despite wanting nothing more than for that look on her photo-face to go away. She grimaced and laughed. “No telling what I’d do.”

She was sure she looked disappointed when he moved away from her, and she stayed sitting for a moment longer. “I… don’t know.” She was still suffering the after effects of the roller coaster. “Ghosts make me feel sick, too,” she said, recalling the cold feeling of ghosts who were less than courteous and passed right through her on the way to wherever they were going. A haunted house did not sound very appealing at all.

Sitting with Charlie sounded appealing, though. “But if that’s what you want to do... It’s your birthday.” She had been hoping he would call in other birthday favors, though she wasn’t yet giving hope on that quite yet. Honey arched an eyebrow, wondering how to turn the afternoon back in her favor. “Do they really not sell alcohol here?”

l  e  t     m  e     b  e     y  o  u  r     r  u  l  e  r  ,     y  o  u     c  a  n     c  a  l  l     m  e     q  u  e  e  n    b  e  a

• Offline Charlie Baker
    • I'm your man on the moon
    • laura
    • Heterosexual
    • 272 Posts
    • Trophy Closet
      but seriously though... margaritas. Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award "This driver was sorted into the ambitious house of Slytherin during Anniversary 2017" ~ Slytherin placed 2nd during the House Cup with 2423 points. Muggleborn Character
    Re: [timeturner] shake, rattle and roll [honey]
    « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 05:04:49 AM »
    Charlie looked down at Honey as he stretched. It was unusual to see her like this – small and unassuming, sat there on the bench cradling a can of pop for comfort. He knew this was temporary, and that he’d inadvertently caused it; Charlie eyed her carefully, a sudden urge to make her feel better welling up in his chest. Although their interactions were usually limited to drinking and sleeping together, Charlie found himself caring about her. Thinking about her when he was alone – sometimes when he wasn’t. He couldn’t distinctly remember when they’d become a ‘thing’ in his mind. Because almost every contact was either in Hogsmeade or his place in London they all sort of blurred into one.

At her apparent reluctance to accept his offer, Charlie wondered if she was scared of ghosts – seemed an unusual fear for someone who grew up with magic, knowing they were real and on-the-whole not malevolent. Even the Bloody Baron was survivable, especially spending half your school years in the dungeons. Peeves, on the other hand…

“They ain’t real,” he bit his lip in a lopsided grin, “just like, mannequins and old sheets and shite like that.” He shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. “I thought it’d be a change from being strapped down and flung around. Might be some hidden rooms to explore, I dunno.” A slow smirk crept across his lips, hoping she might catch his drift. He had ulterior motives for getting her into the haunted house, other than letting her stomach settle, and he hoped she would grant his unspoken wish.

His eyes flicked to the can in her hands again. “I. There might be a proper restaurant over that end,” he turned to look in the general direction of the spooky forest themed part of the park, “they usually have booze somewhere, just not in the little stalls.” He chewed on his lip for a second, “If they don’t we can always call it a day? Head back to mine, if you want.”

t h e r e ' s   a   s e  t   o f   r i c k e t y   s t a i r s   i n   b e t w e e n   m y   h e a r t   a n d   m y   h e a d

• Offline Honey Bea Flume
  • Re: [timeturner] shake, rattle and roll [honey]
    « Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 08:28:30 PM »
    “Oh, right.” Honey laughed to hide her embarrassment as Charlie corrected her misconception about the haunted house. “I knew that,” she added quickly before taking another sip of her drink. It was hard to keep track of the things that muggles had decided to actually embrace about wizarding culture.  Looking up at him, she returned his shrug, suddenly very interested in the whole thing as he went on to explain it. “The ‘strapped down’ idea does have some merit to it, though,” she protested with just the slightest hint of a smirk.

Still, Honey assumed they were on the same page; ‘hidden rooms’ sounded an awfully lot like ‘dark corners’ and ‘abandoned closets’ and she was genuinely starting to feel better. It would be much easier to focus on finding some place to get distracted, rather than focus on how she was actually enjoying herself -- nausea and sobriety aside -- and not giving her any additional opportunity to overthink the entire day like she really wanted to do.

“No, let’s stay.” She was shaking her head at her own half-suggestion to get a drink, her lips curled at the edges. “I’ll just sit the next rollercoaster out,” she said with a reassuring shrug. If anything, it had at least given her the idea to figure out some sort of candy solution to her problem; she filed it away to think about later. Honey wiped her hand, wet from the can’s condensation, on her jeans before holding it out, half to get some help getting off the bench and half just to touch Charlie in some fashion.

Her thoughts flicked back to the photo and the past fifteen minutes and how she would probably regret this part of the day most of all; she wasn’t vulnerable if she could help it, and even when she had no other choice she didn’t really appreciate it -- all the more reason to distract him from remembering it. She steadied herself for a minute after standing, but she really had started feeling better, either by sheer resolve or something else less likely. She leaned up to give him a kiss -- she was on board with the assumed plan, anyway -- before stretching her arms above her head with a, “Where to, then?”

l  e  t     m  e     b  e     y  o  u  r     r  u  l  e  r  ,     y  o  u     c  a  n     c  a  l  l     m  e     q  u  e  e  n    b  e  a

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

Static Affiliates

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
    Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!