October 16, 2018, 04:54:26 AM

Author Topic:  lost in the thorns [louis]  (Read 103 times)

Donatella Bertinelli [ Bellefeuille ]
142 Posts  •  16  •  Trees  •  played by Elena
  • flowers brighter than the rose bloomed in the blackest of the heath for her; out of a sullen hollow in a livid hillside her mind could make an eden
  • Gringotts Shipper Sandbox
  • Trophy Closet This member has submitted a layout for the Group Shippers Layouts Contest! Completing a beautification student service thread Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Inga's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Bigonville Bombers Fan Costa Rica National Team Fan Beauxbatons House Cup - Bellefeuille (2000-2001) Beauxbatons House Cup - Bellefeuille (1998-1999) Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
lost in the thorns [louis]
« on: September 11, 2018, 11:54:34 PM »
June 1st, 2002

Donatella couldn’t have asked for a more perfect birthday. Her father, Salvatore, had rented out Wunderbar, the high-end cocktail bar in Chatoeil which every student just died to get in. The Italian man had managed to rent it out for the entire day, naturally allowing the Bertinellis to organise Donatella the flawless birthday party. On top of that, Luciana had surprised her and arrived earlier to arrange the now sixteen year old for the party. Donatella could still not believe how much she looked like her cousin when she was arranged in the manner the Bertinelli family enjoyed – Luciana had done her make-up impeccably, enhancing her eyes with thick eyeliner, and her lips with the most beautiful shade of a nude rose lipstick. Her hair had been let loose, its curls gently enhanced at the tips, and gathered on her right side.

The dress had been Donatella’s favourite part. Generally, she didn’t particularly fancy the idea of tight dresses, but the one Luciana and her mother had chosen for her birthday, it was just perfect. The party in itself had naturally been a success – like anything else the Bertinelli family planned, so it was no actual surprise. The fact that her family had been there too had gotten Donatella especially emotional though, and despite the party ending a little after nine in the evening, the girl had stayed just a bit longer. She’d kept Louis with her, in case her father would disapprove of her remaining alone – and he was the only option, considering Gabrielle had left with Frank. Plus, with her best friend leaving with her boyfriend, Louis had nothing to do anyway.

As they left Wunderbar, of course, her mother had taken all the presents back to Venice, since end of term was approaching anyway, and, naturally, Donatella ‘had to focus on her studies above everything else, so there is no need for other distractions’. She didn’t mind though; Donatella was already used to her parents both having especially high expectations in regards to her academic record. Salvatore had taken the two back to school a little before midnight, and had personally spoken with both the caretaker and Bellefeuille Head of House prior to tonight, just so Donatella – and Louis – would have no issues with arriving late that Saturday night. As she separated from her father, after an especially long hug, the two Bellefeuilles had made their way to the common room.

“Today, tonight, everything was perfect.” Donatella said on a sweet tone, letting out a soft, almost dreamy sigh upon entering the common room. She took Louis’ hand into hers, and let out a giggle as she pulled him towards the middle of the common room. “Dance with me.” Donatella drew closer and placed her other hand over Louis’ as she directed his towards her waist. “No need for music, just waltz for a bit?” Her eyes looked into his, as she let out a soft giggle. “I just don’t want my birthday to end yet.”

@Louis Proulx
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:56:17 PM by Elena »

s  h  e     l  o  o  k  e  d     d  a  i  s  y     s  a  f  e     b  u  t     s  m  e  l  l  e  d     r  o  s  e     w  i  l  d
d o n a t e l l a   b e r t i n e l l i

Louis Proulx [ Bellefeuille ]
79 Posts  •  16  •  Heterosexual  •  played by laura
Re: lost in the thorns [louis]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:01:53 PM »
When Nata had first mentioned her upcoming birthday celebrations Louis had of course been somewhat sceptical that the Italian witch would actually get everything she was talking about – a day away from the school, with all of her friends, a fantastic party with her family present. For the average Beauxbatons student this was an impossible dream during term, but (as Louis would find out) not for a Bertinelli. What surprised Louis most, perhaps, was that she hadn’t listed all the presents she wanted or expected – she was focused entirely on the party itself.

The evening had been great for everyone, not just for Donatella. It was a much-needed break around exam time, especially as it allowed the Bellefeuille and Ombrelune attendees to forget about their abysmal Quidditch results compared with the Papillonlisses. The fact that Nata’s family had booked out a cocktail bar said something about just how the Italian girl must have lived at home, he thought. Louis, nor any of the other underage wizards and witches, had been allowed alcohol, but it was still so cool to be allowed in Wunderbar, when all most of them had ever done before was peek in from the street. Louis had noticed Donatella’s older cousin occasionally sneaking the younger Bertinelli a glass of wine here and there – whenever Nata’s father appeared to be too busy with the other adult guests. Louis had been far too intimidated to even contemplate approaching Donatella when Luciana was near; she was like an older, even more beautiful, but also scarier version of his housemate.

But Donatella had looked beautiful tonight. Her dress was like nothing Louis had ever seen his fellow Bellefeuille in before. It was very figure-hugging, accentuating the curves Louis hadn’t really known she’d had. Her makeup was… well, it made her look sexy and Louis had never thought that about Donatella before. Even with @Gabrielle Delacour at the party he had struggled to look away from Nata all night. He didn’t like Nata like that, but he couldn’t help seeing why some of the other boys in his year did. Boys like @Léon Lachapelle. Louis was unsurprised that Nata hadn’t invited him, and it was a good thing too – he would have surely embarrassed Donatella in front of her family. Well, perhaps until one of her family stepped in. It was definitely a good thing Léon wasn’t here – he might not have lasted the night.

Louis felt underdressed next to Donatella, even in a suit. He’d owled his mother a week or so ago, when he’d realised Nata hadn’t been exaggerating about her birthday plans, and she had sent him the one he’d worn last summer to his cousin’s wedding; a plain black suit with white shirt underneath. Thankfully Louis’ mother had thought to let the trousers down a little before sending them or else he might’ve had his ankles flashing all night.

It was late now, but Louis wasn’t tired yet. He and the birthday girl had stayed later than everyone else, at her request. At first he assumed just to keep her company whilst she prolonged the night, and be someone to walk her inside when they got back to the castle, but finally back in the common room, alone, Nata grabbed his hand and pulled him close. Louis offered no resistance despite his mild surprise. “I—okay,” he smiled warmly, then blushed lightly as the brunette placed his hand on her waist. He and Donatella hugged, they sat close at mealtimes, but this felt somehow different. His soft brown eyes met her large green ones and he swallowed. He wasn’t a dancer, but he didn’t want to let his friend down. He shifted his feet slowly, just moving them in a small circle, “I’m not sure how to waltz, sorry.” He smiled, “So you had a good time?”

a l l   i   n e e d   i s   t o   b e   s t r u c k   b y   y o u r   e l e c t r i c   l o v e
l o u i s   p r o u l x

Donatella Bertinelli [ Bellefeuille ]
142 Posts  •  16  •  Trees  •  played by Elena
  • flowers brighter than the rose bloomed in the blackest of the heath for her; out of a sullen hollow in a livid hillside her mind could make an eden
  • Gringotts Shipper Sandbox
  • Trophy Closet This member has submitted a layout for the Group Shippers Layouts Contest! Completing a beautification student service thread Keep cute and kitty on~ღ Inga's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Bigonville Bombers Fan Costa Rica National Team Fan Beauxbatons House Cup - Bellefeuille (2000-2001) Beauxbatons House Cup - Bellefeuille (1998-1999) Christine's Diamond FPP 2018 Award Influential Family Member Pureblood Character
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »
Louis had seemed a bit nervous when she’d placed his hand on her waist, and Donatella let out a soft laugh. She didn’t really understand his reaction, for the two of them had always had quite a lot of physical contact. They hugged, sat close to each other, Donatella regularly wrapped her arm around his when they walk around in the Chatoeil – it wasn’t anything unusual, yet his surprising bashfulness had managed to amuse her. “What’s wrong?” She inquired, blinking twice, a bit unsure of his reaction.

Perhaps it was the late hour of the night that had gotten Louis so unusually quiet, or, truth be told, she wouldn’t have been surprised if Luciana had sneaked a glass or two of wine to him as well. Nonetheless, she felt a bit shocked that someone as innocent and naïve as Louis could even drink alcohol. “Did my cousin give you anything to drink?” She inquired, a bit disappointed that her fellow house mate would fall into such temptations.

Donatella smiled sweetly as he apologised. “It’s alright.” She nodded once in approval. “Just like this is fine.” Yes, of course, the Bellefeuille did mind that she did not have a proper dancing partner in her own house, nonetheless, when in great need of such a service, she shouldn’t be especially picky. Louis was nice enough to just slowly waltz with her right now, in a small circle, and it was strangely peaceful. It didn’t have the elegance the dance usually had, but it was nice, calm, and relaxing. A perfect end for a perfect day.

She sighed at his remark, with a playful smile on her face. “It was absolutely dreamy.” Donatella replied without hesitation. “My family all surprised me, I wasn’t expecting such a nice party, and at Wunderbar.” The Venetian paused, blinking as she made eye contact with Louis once more. “And everyone came, so I really enjoyed that.” By everyone, she was referring to a specific Ombrelune who’d made a brief appearance, but there was no need for Louis to know that. Or anyone else, yet.

Her thoughts drifted however to Louis. “I’m sorry you had to see Gabrielle with Frank all night.” Donatella commented, feeling genuinely sorry for her house mate. Yes, Gabrielle was her closest and best friend, nonetheless she felt only compassion when it came to Louis’ never-ending crush on the Papillonlisse. “But I am really glad you did come to the party as well, despite all of that.”

s  h  e     l  o  o  k  e  d     d  a  i  s  y     s  a  f  e     b  u  t     s  m  e  l  l  e  d     r  o  s  e     w  i  l  d
d o n a t e l l a   b e r t i n e l l i

Louis Proulx [ Bellefeuille ]
79 Posts  •  16  •  Heterosexual  •  played by laura
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 11:08:57 PM »
Louis stared wide-eyed at Donatella. “Nothing.” He said quickly, too quickly to be inconspicuous, but he smiled warmly to try and distract Nata from having to think about anything other than how much she had enjoyed her birthday so far. It was nothing, just a fleeting thought.

Her cousin… Luciana. Louis shook his head violently, “No! I didn’t go near your cousin, she—” terrifies me, is what he wanted to say, but Louis knew that Nata was very close with the elder Bertinelli girl. He could remember their early years at Beauxbatons, when the Ombrelune girl had come to ‘check’ on her younger cousin. It was probably an over exaggeration to say people were scared of Luciana Bertinelli, but she definitely didn’t have the warmth that Donatella had.

“I only had the pumpkin fizz.”  He was being honest, and it would be clear to Donatella (or to anyone) that he was telling the truth. Louis was allowed to drink wine, with his family, but had not yet acquired a taste for it. In fact, the only alcohol he had liked so far had been some rare kind of magical alcohol he had had just before Christmas, with @Gabrielle Delacour for her birthday. He still didn’t know if Gabby’s father had ever found out. He was sure if Gabrielle had gotten into trouble he would have heard about it. Or maybe not, and that was why she had started going out with Frank Sturm after they’d kissed.

He blinked, and brought himself back to Donatella. Gripping her just that little bit tighter as they moved around the common room. At such close quarters it was impossible not to look at the Italian witch. She really did look… much more grown up – but she still looked like the Donatella he’d known for years. Been friends with for years. Louis smiled, “I’m glad you had a good time, you deserve it.”

Louis’ eyes widened slightly; he knew that most of his friends, in fact probably everyone that knew him (friendly or not) knew he had a thing for Gabrielle. But tonight he’d barely looked at the blonde Papillonlisse with her elder Ombrelune Quidditch Captain boyfriend. Louis wondered why Donatella had brought her up. Was she testing him? He’d thought… maybe not. But maybe… He pulled a face, laughing it off, “What? No, she’s. I’m not— she’s happy with Frank.” He said it, but he didn’t believe it. Regardless, he didn’t want to talk about Gabrielle, because it would only serve to end the night on a low. Louis rolled his lips, then looked at Donatella a little surprised. He span her out before pulling her back in, a move he'd seen countless times before, though his rendition was slower and less fluid, “Of course I’d come, you’re one of my best friends.”

a l l   i   n e e d   i s   t o   b e   s t r u c k   b y   y o u r   e l e c t r i c   l o v e
l o u i s   p r o u l x

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!