December 12, 2018, 07:22:26 AM

Author Topic:  hey, call me back when you get this message • {harri}  (Read 132 times)

Kay Sterling [ Slytherin ]
795 Posts  •  Seventeen  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Mickie
  • "That's my kinda grace. A little bit of thanks, a whole lot of thinly veiled threats."
  • Trophy Closet Participated at the Academy Athena July/August 2000 Hogwarts House Cup - Slytherin (2001-2002)
hey, call me back when you get this message • {harri}
« on: October 06, 2018, 04:42:02 PM »
Desperate times called for extraordinarily desperate measures, and if Kay Sterling was anything right now, it was certainly desperate: desperate for advice, help, saving. He’d messed up somehow, but couldn’t quite understand exactly where he’d gone wrong – or if he even was wrong, which he found highly unlikely. Nevertheless, after pacing along the cold tiles of the Slytherin common room enough to create a hole in the ground, he decided to finally bite the bullet and send out an owl. Written in a messy hurried scrawl, he’d struggled to word his thoughts; Mark had always been the more eloquent one, crafting together sentences clever enough to persuade even the stoniest of souls. Kay’s message was simple and to the point: I need help. Please meet me at Honeydukes at 5pm tomorrow. Reflecting on it, perhaps he’d been a tad too cryptic. An ominous frame bordered the words, but she would discover the true meaning in due time.

The weather was warm today, a welcome change from the dreary rain that had plagued them endlessly last month. Kay’s robes were light and airy, and he stood beside a shelf filled with various types of chocolates. Were chocolates a sufficient apology? Was that too mushy? It certainly felt like it; the idea of handing off a box of chocolates to a girl made him want to gag. He didn’t want to recreate some gross cliche scene from those romance novels Lynette never stopped prattling about. While he stopped himself from cringing, he heard the tinkling of a bell and looked over at the door to see his cousin.

“Angharad.” Kay waved, addressing her with an awkward almost smile and making his way over. Should he hug her? It felt a little odd. They weren’t entirely close – she shared a better, stronger relationship with Lynette than the rest of them – but she had always been kind. Choosing her to be the recipient of his request came easily once he’d decided to actually write it. Lynette was open and would happily advise him if he asked, but even the thought of speaking to his sister about girl problems gave him early onset embarrassment. There was Mark, but as close as the pair were, Kay couldn’t find it in himself to vocalise what he was going through to his brother. He still felt a little stupid and silly for fretting as much as he did, and he didn’t want Mark to confirm that he was being ridiculous. Speaking to Harri just seemed the best option. She and Jessalyn were similar, he thought, and it was likely she’d have better luck figuring out how girls’ minds worked considering… well… she was one.

With a sharp intake of breath, he finally brought himself to speak again, red tinging the tips of his ears. “So… there’s a girl…”

@Angharad Hughes <3

a l l   s y s t e m s   g o.   t h e   s u n   h a s n ' t   d i e d.   d e e p   i n   m y   b o n e s,   s t r a i g h t   f r o m   i n s i d e
i ' m   w a k i n g   u p.   i   f e e l   i t   i n   m y   b o n e s   e n o u g h   t o   m a k e   m y   s y s t e m s   b l o w

Angharad Hughes [ Shop Worker ]
1012 Posts  •  20  •  Belly rubs  •  played by laura
Re: hey, call me back when you get this message • {harri}
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 01:05:32 AM »
Angharad hurried down the high street of Hogsmeade, her heels clacking on the cobbles; one arm huddling her mustard-yellow cardigan and tan leather handbag to her, the other outstretched for balance as she tottered along. She realised in hindsight that they had not been the most practical shoes for a trip to Hogsmeade, but now that she spent most of her days in a uniform this visit to Scotland had been an excuse to ‘dress up’; the skirt of her cotton sundress swishing with every swing of her hips.

She was making her way from the station towards Honeydukes, a little behind schedule. She hoped Kay was alright. Harri couldn’t help but think the worst, but then – what was the worst? A multitude of scenarios had run rampant in her imagination since receiving Kay’s owl the day before, each more fanciful and unlikely than the last.

The bell tinkled as Angharad pushed her way into the shop, ever-so-slightly out of breath from her little jog. Her warm brown eyes found Kay waving at her, and she broke into a friendly smile. “Hiya! Merlin, I don’t remember you being this tall!” She greeted him, pushing up on her tiptoes to wrap her arms around him in a brief hug, before stepping back to look at him seriously. “Are you alr— oh,” he’d beaten her to it, and thank goodness. A wave of relief washed over her and she let out a sigh, “Good!” she said quickly, grinning possibly a bit too eagerly, “I was worried about you! For Godric’s sake never do that to me again,” her lips remained firmly in a wide smile as she prodded at his chest playfully.

“Honestly, you Sterlings and your dramatics.” She picked up a pick-n-mix bag and began fanning herself with it to cool down a little, her cheeks still flushed, and allowed her gaze to drift over him as she did so. Angharad could tell already that he was somewhat uncomfortable with the topic – perhaps why she had received the call for help and not Lynette. “Why don’t you tell me about her while I stock up on some old favourites?” She offered, glancing around the shop and opening out the paper bag she had been using as a makeshift fan, “I haven’t been here in a few months, I’ve run out of fizzing whizbees.”
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 01:09:13 AM by Laura »
t h e   s a i n t s   c a n ' t   h e l p   m e   n o w ,   t h e   r o p e s   h a v e   b e e n   u n b o u n d

i   h u n t   f o r   y o u   w i t h   b l o o d y   f e e t   a c r o s s   t h e   h a l l o w ' d   g r o u n d

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!