October 16, 2018, 04:32:05 AM

Author Topic:  beside the victory, that's her destiny [eris]  (Read 32 times)

Varvara Zakharova [ St. Mungo's Employee ]
1267 Posts  •  38  •  played by christine
beside the victory, that's her destiny [eris]
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:34:05 PM »
june 2002

On Wednesdays, they drank wine.

The tradition certainly hadn’t come about because of the alliteration, of course, and it didn’t happen every Wednesday. They were grown women with lives, after all. So when they did get the chance, they made the most of it; or, they made as much of an evening they could while still being surrounded by muggles also taking advantage of the Wednesday evening drink special at the fancy hotel restaurant -- one they had visited countless times but Varya still hadn’t deemed it worthy of committing its name to memory. It was muggle and London still didn’t feel like home, so she didn’t very well see the point.

Varvara Stepanovna was running late; she kept her stride as wide as she possibly could in her black pencil skirt, her heels clicking rhythmically on the pavement. She had apparated close by, but yet another downfall to taking advantage of the lack of important people to eavesdrop on their conversation by immersing themselves in muggles was the inability to apparate directly. Even floo was out of the question.

She was shown to their shared table immediately; she knew something about her face said ‘don’t make me wait’. Varya straightened her collar as she walked, careful to make sure it wasn’t curling up at the edges. @Eris Rosier was already there, naturally, and Varya offered her friend the most apologetic of smiles as she filled the open seat across from her.

“Apologies.” Varya tucked her knees under the tablecloth and leaned in, resting an elbow on the table to get a bit closer and make her tale all the more dramatic. “A patient had the nerve to vomit on me.” She quirked an eyebrow as she straightened up, removing her elbow from the table and flipping her hair over her shoulder. “I had to… clean up.” It was nothing serious; he would be better by morning.

She hoped that Eris hadn’t waited on her before ordering; she would really like to take advantage of a little bit of lead time on that first drink.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:25:39 AM by Christine »

w h a t   w a s   m i s t a k e n   a s   c l o s e n e s s   w a s   j u s t   a   c a s e   o f   m i t o s i s

Eris Rosier [ Death Eater ]
37 Posts  •  37  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Laura
Re: beside the victory, that's her destiny [eris]
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 02:45:16 AM »
Eris returned Varvara’s smile, slowly and deliberately, as the Russian woman approached. She had been here for twenty minutes or so already – she had left the office early, before the incompetence (or rather, competence) of Quigley’s work had forced her to reveal her true nature by cursing him in the middle of the Auror Department. Eris had assigned the man a cold case in the hopes it would send him on a wild goose chase, clutching at crumbs, but he’d been irritatingly resourceful and uncovered evidence she had hoped didn’t exist. Unfortunate, for him.

The Auror’s light blue eyes roamed over her friend as she sat down, the pureblood witch almost admiring the muggle-like clothing Varya was wearing. They had to dress appropriately, coming to a place like this. A mild hindrance, but worth it to protect themselves. Not that they exclusively talked about their less savoury affairs, but one couldn’t risk being overheard in their respective lines of business.

Thankfully, it was at least a classy establishment, and Eris didn’t have to resort to wearing denim jeans or some such monstrosity. She could still remember having to wear the wretched things during her Auror Training – being able to blend in was a talent, apparently. The Englishwoman couldn’t understand how anyone thought them comfortable, nor stylish. Today, she was not wearing jeans, or anything of the sort; Eris had traded her robes for a tailored, knee-length black dress with sheer sleeves, pairing it with patent stilettos. Who said black wasn’t a summer colour?

“How dreadful.” Eris sympathised as Varya explained her lateness, but only marginally. The Russian had chosen the medical profession; she had known she would be dealing with people at their worst on a daily basis. Eris had never once had the slightest inclination to become a Healer. She would much rather just put an end to people’s suffering than to prolong it. Natural selection and all that. “I’m glad you did.” She wrinkled her nose the tiniest amount at the mere thought of Varya showing up in vomit-stained clothes.

The waiter reappeared at this moment and presented the bottle to the women. Eris nodded, turning her attention back to Varya as the young man poured their glasses. “I ordered the Bordeaux. I presumed you wouldn’t mind.” Or wouldn’t say so, at least. Eris was hardly going to sit waiting for an indeterminate amount of time without a drink to quench her thirst, not after the day she’d had. The blonde picked up her glass and took a sip, glanced at the waiter, then back to Varvara. “Do you want dinner? We might be here a while, I think I need your help.”

l o o k   l i k e   t h '   i n n o c e n t   f l o w e r ,   b u t   b e   t h e   s e r p e n t   u n d e r   ’ t

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!