October 22, 2020, 05:15:33 AM

Author Topic:  {JulyMP-Leh, India}A Victory for Good?[OPEN]  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Esmeray Aysoy

{JulyMP-Leh, India}A Victory for Good?[OPEN]
« on: November 01, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:10:11 AM by Chaw »

Offline Maryana Nikolaeva

• Oh, honey. Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.
  • Professor
  • Trophy Closet (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Prost! Muggleborn Character
    • Pinterest
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Livvy
  • Sexuality: Heterosexual
Re: {JulyMP-Leh, India}A Victory for Good?[OPEN]
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:05:24 AM »
For once, Maryana was going to be spending her summer outside of Russia. She'd been too poor to travel the world and see all the wonder of it. Now that she had a pension from this past year of educating the students of Koldovstoretz on the history of magic, she had a little extra saved up for her to spend her summer away in England. Her goal was to learn as much as she could about the history of magic there and bring it back to teach her students. On her way to England though, she'd decided to leave for vacation a little earlier than planned so she could make a detour to India. This would cut her time in England a little shorter, but it was worth it. She had enjoyed every moment of it she had been there.

She wished she had taken a girl friend with her or even tried to coax some of the professors she had worked with to go, but alas, Maryana went alone.

Of the whole event, she couldn't pinpoint one bad thing about it except for it was really hot. Even then, it wasn't too bad. When she had surrounded herself by the bodies of others and danced and paraded about to her heart's content, that was when she could notice the heat. She'd made some new "friends". At least, they were interesting people who were more than happy than hang around with her and talk. Many lonely souls managed to find one another and create their own group. She'd danced with quite a few cute guys, many whom she never expected to see again, but a little flirting never hurt. Maryana was careful not too spend too much of her money here, which is why she didn't buy too many snacks  and drinks from the vendors and restaurants, but helped herself to some she had brought with her instead. She'd even seen some old students of hers there. Some, she had talked to often and was familiar with. Others, she didn't know so well. There were some waves exchanged and other times, just a few words to check how their summer was going and what they had planned. Then they'd continue on to their own business.

When she found her supply of food and water for India was looking low, she made the exception of going into a nearby bar to get some food and drink before she partied a little more and then made her way on to England. She had no intentions of spending the night here. The hotels would all be full or too pricey since all the tourists were coming. She was going to live the cheap lifestyle she'd always known. She sat at a nearby table, one that had some space around it so she could everything around her rather than stepped or sat upon by those who were in attendance. She also wanted to be able to catch the glimpse of the bartender, or any worker for that matter, should she need another drink. She was in the middle of an unintentional bite when she noticed a young, dark-haired witch enter the bar and order herself a drink. Maryana immediately chewed faster and swallowed what she could as quick as possible so she could catch the attention of the student.

After one hurried gulp, she called out to @Aysoy Esmeray and offered her a toothy grin. She waved her over as she helped herself to a mouthful of water in an attempt to help the food go down easier. She noticed the girl's startled jump, but didn't think too much of it. When the girl approached her, Anya motioned towards an empty seat beside her. "Have a seat! Please! Have you been enjoying your summer so far? I've seen quite a few more Koldovstoretz students around here. Have you run into them yet?" She helped herself to another bite of her Indian cuisine while she gave the girl time to answer her questions.

Offline Esmeray Aysoy

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:26:26 AM »
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:31:53 PM by Chaw »

Offline Maryana Nikolaeva

• Oh, honey. Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.
  • Professor
  • Trophy Closet (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Prost! Muggleborn Character
    • Pinterest
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Livvy
  • Sexuality: Heterosexual
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 07:05:59 AM »
She smiled kindly as she listened to Esmeray. The professor helped herself to the cup of water she had and sipped at it. The dish she ate had some extra spice in it, she could feel it burn. There was something about it though that was so irresistible that she couldn't stop eating the food! The more she ate, the more she craved it. The young woman (well, she thought she was young), folded her hands together and set them on the table just between her and her plate. She could feel them itching to pick up her fork and wanting to obey the urges of her stomach.

When her student told her of her unfortunate predicament, immediately Maryana felt sorry for the young Tigrova. It must be hard being in a country where she wasn't able to use magic to help her translate what was being said. Her cheeriness was shown when she chuckled softly, hoping she didn't offend the student as she shook her head in reply to her question. "The only language I know is Russian, though I've been picking up a couple of phrases since I've begun teaching at Koldovstoretz. I don't often use magic to my advantage," she was a muggleborn after all and was much more accustomed to the ways of muggle life. "But I decided to just this once. My whole summer actually, I'm using a translating charm. You're not of age yet to use it, are you?"

Her eyebrows furrowed together in a way that showed she pitied the young woman for not being able to use such a helpful spell. "Honestly, sometimes I think the Ministry isn't quite aware of the benefits their students could have by using magic at an earlier age. You didn't hear that from me," she lowered her voice and offered a joking wink as she spoke. "I'm using a translating charm. It's a little more advanced so it took some time to perfect. But I use the charm and I can hear everything in Russian. Depending on who I may be speaking to, my words, which I speak in Russian, are heard in their native tongue. I can hear accents quite clearly, but a stranger never has to know that I really don't know the language. It doesn't translate any writings unfortuneately. That would have helped me many times. I just use my magic again. One day soon, you will be able to use your magic without the restrictions and rules."

Without further prompting from Esmeray, she took it upon herself to see that the student got an appropriate drink. Maryana picked up Esmeray's glass as she caught the attention of one of the workers and waved him over. "May I please get a cup of water instead of this? She was given alcohol but my friend is much too young to be drinking this." The waiter apologized, nodded, and took the beverage before disappearing into the crowd.

"While he is getting your drink, we can sit and talk." Her Russian accent was thick and heavy through her words. "You have one more year left of school, correct? I've been trying to remember these sorts of things about my students but I'm still new and find that I get names mixed up on occasion. Which class is your favorite so far? Do you have any plans for when you graduate and what you'll be doing after school?" IT was just small talk, but Maryana truly wanted to know more about her students. She wished to connect with them in a way that helped her feel like she was a part of the school and made friends, no matter their ages. Of course, she was professional and had no ill intentions of being friendly with the students. Maryana had found that when she made those personal connections, the students' ability to focus in class increased, their grades improved, and they were much more willing to share with her about the happenings in their lives. It wasn't much, but seeing as she didn't quite fit in with the professors who were all ten years older than her with much more experience and teenagers who were ten years younger than her and often felt they knew everything, she was relieved for the opportunity to sit and talk with Esmeray.

The Tigrova was quite smart and she saw a lot of potential in her. Of course, she was older, so Anya didn't have to worry too much about her that she was doing her work and focusing in class. Truth be told, she was rather proud of the progress she had seen Esmeray make all throughout the year. History of Magic wasn't an easy class, but she hoped she was teaching in a way that she helped her students understand the material and maybe even peak their interest in the subject.

Offline Esmeray Aysoy

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 06:10:54 AM »

Tags: