October 22, 2020, 04:19:25 AM

Author Topic:  [yincang] there is no place for me without you. [miki]  (Read 650 times)

Offline Liu Zhijian

• Inactive Character
  • Trophy Closet (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Participated at the Academy Anansi July/August 2001 Dom Zhivoystya Snegvoin Durmstrang Chip Contest (2000-2001) - Drakonya Krov This driver participated in the Valentine's Day 2017 celebrations! The HamHam award
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Samm
  • Sexuality: Dating Miki Albescu
[yincang] there is no place for me without you. [miki]
« on: November 02, 2018, 04:37:17 PM »
July 2002

It had been months since he had been able to look at Melita's beautiful face in person. He had a moving picture of her he kept with him, she was smiling brightly as the sun shined down on her and the wind blew her soft hair around. She had the absolute best smile, bright and big and full of love. He missed her smile. He missed everything about her when they were apart. Going to different schools was harder than he had imagined it would be but term had finally let out and he was literally counting the minutes until she arrived in his hometown. She'd never been to Yincang but he was eager to show it off to her. He had visited her home during the last holiday they shared together so when summer began to approach he invited her to visit him for a few days. His parents took some convincing but after agreeing that she would stay in his sister's room it got easier. He got the feeling that his father assumed this was just some teenage love that would burn brightly and fade away, that he didn't need to worry because one day he would settle down with a nice Chinese witch but Zhijian knew this was real. He knew his love for Melita was forever and so he ignored the looks his father gave him when he spoke of her. He wanted to respect their wishes but it was his life, it was his heart, and he knew his love for Melita would last for lifetimes.

He stood patiently by the large central fireplace in the middle of town. Most of the homes did not have their own floo-able hearth and Zhijian's was among them. Thankfully the town had constructed this one as a kind of way station in to the misty mountainside town of Yincang, in the Huangshan range of China. The town was far off the beaten path with no roads that traveled up to it. Both because the residents preferred privacy and because it was a solely magical town, they had no need of roads. The large hearth in the center of town was the quickest way in or out of the little village and so Zhijian waited along side others as the green flames flashed. Each time they went off he hoped to see her, a great deal of excitement bubbling inside him, but so far she hadn't arrived. He watched as his neighboors greeted their visitors and kept smiling, eager for her to join them.

And finally another puff of green flames and smoke filled the grand stone fireplace and there she was. "Miki!" He called out, forgetting himself for a moment, forgetting he was in the middle of the village with eyes on them, as he rushed to wrap her in a great big hug. He held her tightly, breathing in her perfume, a bright smile on his face, his heart full. He'd been missing her for months, like a part of him had been severed but now it was completed again. He was so excited to show her all of the wonderful parts of his home. He wanted to bring her up the mountain, show her the fog and the dragons and the temple and his home and his family and literally everything but for now he just held her. If this moment lasted forever he would be happy. She was all he would ever need.

@Melita Albescu
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:44:12 PM by Samm »
Please Send PM's to my main account @Samm <33

Offline Melita Albescu

• "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference."
  • Drakonya Krov
  • Little Ball of Sunshine
  • Trophy Closet (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Durmstrang Chip Contest (2002-2003) - Drakonya Krov Durmstrang Chip Contest (2000-2001) - Drakonya Krov Amethyst Matryoshka The HamHam award
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Sarah C
  • Sexuality: Heterosexual
Re: [yincang] there is no place for me without you. [miki]
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 05:26:32 PM »
Miki normally went through life living only in the present. She didn't dwell too much on the past or the future. She really didn't see too much point in worrying about things you couldn't change, couldn't predict. So why bother? The teen was happiest living in the moment, taking things as they came. But ever since Zhi had asked her to visit him in China and she had said yes, she'd been a tightly wound ball of nerves. She was worried about the first impression she would give his parents. She loved Zhi, and she knew he loved her too. Miki was young and inexperienced and so very sure that what they had would last forever. Family was very important to Zhi, and Miki didn't know what would happen if his family disapproved of her.

She fused about her clothing, her hair, her looks, her manners, until her cousin Miha threatened to smother her with a pillow. Miki just wanted everything to go well. There was nothing she wouldn't do to make sure that she didn't mess this up. She wore much more modest clothing than she normally did at home in the summer, a long flowing skirt in a deep green, and an airy peasant top in a creamy cotton. She wore her normal boots, because she wanted to be comfortable, but she'd cleaned them up and shined the worn leather as best as she could. Her hair, normally left to flow freely around her face, was tied up in a modest bun. She wore no makeup, since she usually didn't and she figured she didn't want to accidentally look like a trollop.

Her mother and father gave her hugs just before she stepped into their hearth and called out her destination. That strange whirling and spinning sensation rolled Miki around but before too long she was standing on her own two feet and carefully stepping out of the fireplace. Zhi had warned her that the fireplace was in the center of town but she still felt a bit disoriented, not popping out into a building. There wasn't much time to be anxious, though, as she heard her name called by the one voice she'd missed more than anyone.

"Zhi!" She ran to him, meeting him partway and throwing her arms around him. Miki held him tightly, bathing in his warmth and scent and presence. It felt like she was finally taking a breath after being underwater for far too long. She took him in like she had been drowning. "I missed you! Ma and Da and Miha said to say hello." She relayed this information while keeping her head tucked under Zhi's chin, snuggled securely against his chest.

Offline Liu Zhijian

• Inactive Character
  • Trophy Closet (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Participated at the Academy Anansi July/August 2001 Dom Zhivoystya Snegvoin Durmstrang Chip Contest (2000-2001) - Drakonya Krov This driver participated in the Valentine's Day 2017 celebrations! The HamHam award
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:53:14 PM »
Hearing her voice made him absolutely over joyed and the smile on his face barely even scratched the surface. He'd forgotten how it felt to be this happy. It was something he only felt when she was close by. It felt like sunshine and warmth and like he could survive on just it alone. Her love, it was all he would ever need. He nodded as she spoke, wishing to say hello to her family as well, but he didn't say much. He just listened to her beautiful melodic voice, capturing them as memories he'd call on later. For what felt like forever he just held her tightly. Her head tucked under his chin and his arms wrapped around her. He felt her warmth and it filled him up. It was like time was standing still, he'd completely forgotten where they were and that his parents were probably watching him in that very moment. It was not exactly decent to publicly show such affection but Zhijian didn't rightly care in that moment. It was just Miki and him on that street, there was no one else left in the world but the two of them.

"I've missed you Melita." He finally whispered to her, kissing the top of her head, and begrudgingly pulling away to get a good look at her. The smile on his face reached all the way up to his eyes as he did something he rarely did and kissed her first. It wasn't hot and heavy but it was a huge step for the timid and entirely respectable young man. He threw caution to the wind and let his fears sink away as his lips touched hers. It was short lived, making him want for more, but it was just as sweet as he remembered. His cheeks burned red but not from embarrassment, he could care less in this moment what any of the neighbors thought. Her opinions were the only ones that mattered now.

"Come let me show you the town?" He asked, holding his hand out to her.

Offline Melita Albescu

• "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference."
  • Drakonya Krov
  • Trophy Closet (Samm's 2019-2020 FPP Diamond Award) Durmstrang Chip Contest (2002-2003) - Drakonya Krov Durmstrang Chip Contest (2000-2001) - Drakonya Krov Amethyst Matryoshka The HamHam award
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »
Miki was surprised by the kiss, but she returned the brief gesture of affection enthusiastically. It was rare that Zhi made teh first move, and the fact that he was willing to do it in his home town, where there were people who knew him, who could see them together, made warmth surge through her body. Her cheeks were as flushed as his when they pulled away. She took his hand, picking up her small carpet bag that held the things she would need for her trip. It included a few presents for his family and her clothing and the newest issues of their favorite comics which she had valiantly resisted looking at until they could be together again.

"I'd love to see your town," she replied, her smile incandescent. "It's so pretty here, Zhi. The weather reminds me of home, but your trees look different and the air smells different and the buildings are all different but it's all so beautiful." Miki had been here all of a few minutes, but she loved it already. Maybe she just loved it because Zhi was there with her but it didn't matter. It was the most beautiful place on Earth as long as he was holding her hand.

She kept close to him as they walked. "Where should we go first?" she asked curiously. "Should we go see your family first?" Miki was nervous about meeting his parents and she wasn't sure if she wanted to put it off as long as possible or if she should do it right now to get it over with.

Offline Liu Zhijian

• Inactive Character
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 09:27:26 PM »
Having Melita in his home town made everything seem crisper and fresher and more colorful. It was like someone had reached down from on high with a brand new set of paints and revamped the entire village. The trees were greener, the sun was brighter, the flowers more vibrant. Zhijian knew it was her, she was the reason, and he smiled warmly at her. Miki was so full of life and energy it was like he could feel it radiating right off of her skin. Like an electricity he needed to survive. They were here in his village, the place he'd grown up and known for so long, but she was his home now. She was all he needed in this world. With her it wasn't cold or dark or frightening. It was exciting, like a good story, and they were only on chapter one...

"This way!" He said to her, tugging her hand excited to show her his favorite places, but then her words (and his manners) brought him back down to Earth. "You're right we should go to them first." It was the right thing to do. He squeezed her hand, impressed and in love with the fact that she cared about the details. He knew his parents would love her. They had to because he did. That was how this worked right? Pulling her in another direction they passed the school house, the path leading to the dragon shrines, and the tea house until they reached the part of the town that most of the residential buildings were in. His family home looked much like the others near by but each had their own little touch, something to set them apart but keep a delicate balance. He brought her to a mat outside the door and set his shoes neatly on it before sliding open the door and walking inside.

Calling out to his parents he heard the sound of his mother inside the cooking area and he motioned for Miki to join them. "Mother, I would like you to meet Melita Albescu." He said to her brightly before returning introductions. "Melita this is my Mother, Zh? Mei---" Just as he was about to proceed in formal introductions the pitter-patter of tiny feet rampaging through a wood floored house interrupted him. Before he knew it Kang was running past, missing one sock and holding a ladle above his head howling with laughter. Chuckling and shaking his head he turned back to Miki, silently relieved that the very proper moment had been interrupted by his youngest siblings absolutely perfect timing. It wasn't that Zhijian didn't respect tradition, but that there was so much pressure in it. He hated feeling the pressure. "And that would be Kang, he is a little monster." Zhijian smiled brightly as Kang headed out the back door as his mother scolded him, Zhijian knew it would only be minutes before his mother asked them to go and get him (and her ladle) back.

Offline Melita Albescu

• Drakonya Krov
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 01:08:55 AM »
This place was amazing. It was strange how someplace so different could remind her of home. From the slight nip in the air despite the season, to the sight of tall trees and mountains in the distance, to the way the older people in the village looked at her funny as she held Zhi's hand. It all felt so familiar and at the same time terribly exciting. She was trying to remember everything because she knew Miha would ask for details and Lev would want to know if she saw any dragons so she should keep an eye out for them just in case. Zhi had already told her that they stayed away from people up int he mountains and were very shy so she doubted that she'd see any this trip.

Miki tried to look at Zhi and everything and keep up a running commentary while he tugged her along to his family home. She had a million questions and thoughts that were all wanting to get out of her head and none of them felt like waiting. "I missed you so much! Durmstrang is really boring without you there. It seems so dark and close although the Headmaster is sooooo much nicer now. I'm going to miss Miha and Lev when they graduate because then I'll have practically no one to talk to and no one to cheer me up when I'm missing you." She squeezed his hand tightly, wanting to just feel him there with her. She did miss him a lot. "I brought our favorite comics and I didn't even read any of them even though two whole issues have come out since I saw you last."

As they passed landmarks, Miki tried to memorize the locations and where they were going. She would be hard-pressed to ask for directions, but she figured she could probably at least get someone to show her the way back to the Liu family home if she got lost. Not that she planned on being more than a room away from Zhi at any point in this trip. She was rather hopeful she could be a little closer than that at some point. There were a number of things that they had yet to experience with each other and Miki was eager to pick up where they'd left off back at her home.

She follwed his lead as he took off his shoes and set them by the door. She carefully set down her bag, taking out the letter from her parents to his. She had presents as well, but the letter should come first. It was just a letter of introduction, really. Her father said that when families sent their children to other families to visit, it was considered polite to send a letter along thanking the other family for taking care of their child and a way to reach them quickly should an emergency happen. Miki fidgeted with the letter as Zhi led her into the kitchen. She bowed to his mother, smiling for all she was worth. "Thank you for having me," she said in halting Chinese. She held out the letter, but had to lift it quickly into the air as a small child wielding a ladle rushed past. Miki's smile was much more natural now, as she handed the letter to the older woman once she had stopped scolding her young child.

Miki wasn't entirely sure what the protocol was at this point, she looked at Zhi, smiling softly and awaiting his cues. She wondered if she should offer to help with the meal or the cleaning up, but didn't want to come across as rude in some way. She wasnted so much to make a good impression. Miki could see herself happily spending her whole life with Zhi and his family's approval meant a lot to her. She knew how serious he was about his family.

Tags: