November 18, 2019, 04:04:46 AM

Author Topic:  [paris] moon, stand still a while [prosper]  (Read 557 times)

Luciana Bertinelli [ Dark Wizard ]
1244 Posts  •  20  •  plants & pasta  •  played by laura
  • "Haven't you heard? I don't have a heart. Everyone knows that."
  • Trophy Closet Laura's Halloween 2018 reward This driver or character won or was runner-up for an Anniversary 2018 Poll! Beauxbatons House Cup - Ombrelune (1999-2000) Influential Family Member Pureblood Character Former Ombrelune Musketeer
[paris] moon, stand still a while [prosper]
« on: November 07, 2018, 08:30:48 AM »
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:03:11 AM by Laura »

f r o m   m y   r o t t i n g   b o d y ,   f l o w e r s   s h a l l   g r o w ,

a n d   i   a m   i n   t h e m ,   a n d   t h a t   i s   e t e r n i t y

Prosper Lachapelle [ Beauxbatons Adult ]
1271 Posts  •  20  •  Bisexual  •  played by VEE
Re: [paris] moon, stand still a while [prosper]
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »
Prosper didn't have the attention span for a job like this. The actual work was easy; he could smile and charm with the best of them, and he'd always been pretty deft with his hands. He'd picked up some of the flashier parts of serving - the flipping of bottles, pouring multiple drinks at once etc - very quickly, but after that there hadn't been much new stuff to learn. Thank Merlin for the people he worked with, most of whom were now friends, because otherwise he might lose his mind in the repetition of it all.

The crowd ebbed and flowed; it was always busiest just before a show, when a crowd of well-dressed theatre goers were waiting patiently to see an opera or a ballet performance. Intermissions were busy, but people tended not to drink too heavily while waiting to return to their seats. After shows had ended there were more people buying drinks but less people overall. Of course, as the building had more than one hall and multiple things were on at once, these session times tended to overlap. Right now, things were slowly winding down. Prosper had less than an hour remaining on his shift. Despite it being extremely unhelpful, he couldn't help but glance at the clock every few minutes.

The man placed two shimmery cocktails on the bar, sliding the glasses closer to the two middle-aged women who'd been trying to flirt with him for the past fifteen minutes. He gave the pair a smile and a nod before turning away. "These women and their opaleye martinis," he said under his breath to one of the other bartenders as they moved past him, balancing several bottles in their arms. HIs comment was met with a grin. Prosper was on his way to collect more lime slices when he hesitated,  his attention drawn down one end of the bar. There seemed to be some sort of altercation between a couple there, and he didn't like the look of it. The lighting was low but the woman sort of looked like...

Hmm. Prosper wasn't the only one who'd caught sight of the altercation, but as his workmate started moving towards the end of the bar, Prosper put a hand on his shoulder, stopping him. "I've got it," he said quietly, moving past the man and reaching for the wand tucked into his back pocket. He couldn't help it as a smirk formed on his lips; kicking out patrons that were too messy or too inappropriate was one of the more fun parts of the job. He moved quickly, performing a lazy confundus charm as he moved past the little wooden gate that barred entry to the staff area.

Prosper slid in smoothly then, one hand arrogantly placed on the man's back as he spun him away. He smiled with familiarity, like this man was his old friend here, rather than Luciana. "Why don't we step over here for a moment and leave the pretty girl alone, hmm?" he asked, raising his other hand in a half wave to the security guard by the entrance. Two security wizards made their way through the crowd swiftly. "Cheers Antonio," he said, slipping away and palming the brute off to the guards with a sharp smile, showing teeth. It all happened in a matter of seconds.

Some of the smugness faded as he turned back to Luciana. He took a few steps back in her direction, choosing to pause casually against the bar beside her for a moment rather than return immediately to his post on the other side of it. "Tell me that was a blind date," he commented, humour in his tone as he poked a thumb over his shoulder, in the direction of the entrance. The man tucked his wand back into his pocket. Without missing a beat, though, his expression softened a little. "You okay though?" he added.

• Trophy Closet Laura's Halloween 2018 reward This driver or character won or was runner-up for an Anniversary 2018 Poll! Beauxbatons House Cup - Ombrelune (1999-2000) Influential Family Member Pureblood Character Former Ombrelune Musketeer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 07:09:44 AM »

f r o m   m y   r o t t i n g   b o d y ,   f l o w e r s   s h a l l   g r o w ,

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 05:24:20 AM »
"Of course," Prosper said with a deep nod, a smirk playing on his lips as he turned away from her. He slid elegantly past the little gate to the other side of the bar. "I have the perfect drink for you," he said, slipping easily into his host role. The man reached for a tall glass with a short stem, twirling the object lightly between his fingers as if it were a wand or a quill rather than expensive crystal while he reached for a bottle with his other hand. As per usual, he would not squander this chance to show off. He'd learned a lot of deft little tricks in the past couple of months here, magician-esque sleight of hand performance moves designed solely to look impressive while constructing a cocktail piece by piece.

Prosper barely looked at what he was doing while he talked to her, muscle memory taking over for him as he switched to autopilot, pouring and mixing, flipping the occasional bottle, slicing a lime. "So did you enjoy tonight's show?" he asked politely, exaggerating his position of employment within the theatre for comical effect. His grey eyes flicked briefly to the door and back. "Company excluded, of course."

Prosper deftly poured a dash of green liquid into the bubbling drink, then drew his wand and tapped it lazily on the side of the glass. Inside it, a slender vine grew in a spiral shape upwards, through the ice, to the surface. It was just candy, of course, but looked like a plant of some kind, a couple of leaves and all. The liquid had stopped bubbling now, and what appeared to be thin wisps of shimmery steam drifted across its surface in a spiral shape.

Prosper raised the glass and took a cheeky sip from its sugar-coated rim. It was sweet first, then sour. Perfect. "Venomous spectacular," Prosper said, sliding the glass across the bar's smooth surface. He thought she'd appreciate the drink's name; a play on words referencing a plant. "Sweet," he told her, wiping a single drop from his lips with a thumb, "but with a bite." He smiled a bit just then, the implication clear and teasing, but in a well-natured sort of way.

"On the house, of course," Prosper added graciously, "for your troubles." While he waited for her to taste the drink, the nineteen-year old snuck a glance down the long bar to the other end. The room was decidedly quieter now that the most recent wave of theatre goers had mostly cleared out. Shrugging the risk away, Prosper poured himself a drink too; something decidedly less fancy than the one he'd made her. He added a bit of fruit on the side as a garnish anyway, just because he could.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 09:06:27 AM »

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 01:20:47 AM »
"Thank you," Prosper said, the gracious element in his tone a little exaggerated in response to her "compliment". This sort of thing had always come so easily to him, he thought distantly. Prosper's grey eyes glinted as he watched her survey his creation. This, he thought, the slow smile spreading across his lips an echo of the smirk in her tone, if not on her lips. The charm. The showing off. The chemistry.

A tiny part of him nagged at the rest; the last time he'd felt this sort of vibe with the woman in front of him, they'd ended up in her bed. He decided to forget the argument that had led to him walking out, but the bed part stuck in his mind for a moment before he remembered that he was supposed to shake that too. Was it a problem, he wondered? Being alone with an ex? Flirting - just a little? Prosper had this sort of light banter with a lot of people; he flirted with the bar's patrons, flirted with his friends. It was just a part of who he was. So then, was this different because she was a proper ex? Was it different because of the last time they'd met, when Ariane had actually been there?

His thoughts glossed over these feelings, which disappeared quickly as he took a deep sip of his own drink. "I'm tempted to say yes," he answered, lowering his glass again. After a moment, Prosper picked the slice of orange he'd decorated his drink with and took a small bite of it. He stole another quick glance down the bar to make sure no one too important was paying attention. "Sadly I mostly just pour the drinks," He added, turning his attention back to her fully. "Though sometimes I drink them," he added conspiratorially.

Despite the lightness of their banter, he really was glad that she was okay. Prosper didn't imagine Luciana to be the type to broadcast even if she was shaken, but... She seemed fine, and he hoped that he could read her a little better than most. It was rather presumptuous of him, considering that he hadn't been close to the witch in years - and she hadn't seemed to soften after school, in fact quite the opposite - but Prosper tended to be a presumptuous sort of person. He remembered her softer side. Knew it was in there.

He finished his drink, then tidied up a little as he spoke. "Where are you headed after this?" he asked, then to clarify his intent, added, "walking or apparating?" There was a portkey station nearby, and he'd walk her there if she could wait until his shift ended in half an hour or so. Of course, Luciana didn't really need his protection, but Prosper didn't really think this stuff through, he just followed his instincts.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 03:32:28 AM »

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!