March 21, 2019, 07:37:02 PM

Author Topic:  [Announcement] The Daily Prophet - September 2002 Edition (Mini-Plots & More!)  (Read 721 times)

Lesleigh Ollivander [ Hogwarts Adult ]
38 Posts  •  19  •  Straight/ boy crazy  •  played by Chaw
Any artist/Fashionistas needing to show off their art? I am about to post a thread related to the Label's Fashion conference. PM me if you interested!

Joanna Hennings [ British Ministry ]
31 Posts  •  28  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Ann
To whom it may concern,

I find it shocking that an interview with a Death Eater, an unrepentant one at that, takes up so much space in this month’s newspaper. While I understand the need for a newspaper to hunt down exciting stories and interviews, I was filled with disgust upon reading the article. The tone of smug arrogance at his release and brush over of his past actions seeped off the page and lingered in the air.

While I suppose we cannot expect anything better from a Death Eater who has wriggled out of the consequences for his actions, the more worrying part is the fawning tone that the esteemed journalist, Melissa Knox, takes throughout the interview, leaving readers to have to remind her that those nine months of supposed ‘stability’ came with hundreds of muggleborns locked up in appalling conditions which many did not survive and countless other horrors released on both Muggle and magical Britain. Mr Purcell’s time in Azkaban in comparison was comfortable to say the least. Certainly not worthy of the melodramatics she displays in the interview.

Perhaps we as a country should be looking less at Sweden for guidance and more in disgust of their newly founded policies which promote such superiority to certain blood groups. And their political maneuvering which resulted in a prominent Death Eater being released. I certainly have grave suspicions of any organisation that seeks to place those involved in a sadistic cult above international relations.

I urge The Daily Prophet to consider whether they want to be associated with suggesting Death Eaters are in any way ‘aspirational’, given that we, as a society, should be working hard to ensure those beliefs, and the evil acts those beliefs encouraged, are not given the opportunity for a platform again. While the Ministry may not be perfect, it is far from the fearful environment that many of us experienced in ’97-’98 and are still recovering from the traumas inflicted.

Kind regards,

Jane Smith

[[Joanna considered using an anagram of her name but then decided only egotistical maniacs do that]]

*coughs* this got written rant style last night... I refrained from going over 1 page because otherwise she would have gone on for hours

Cameryn White [ Dark Wizard ]
383 Posts  •  1256 / Thirteen  •  asexual  •  played by Ταeδ
  • have to stop saying "how can i kill my way out of this one" everytime there is trouble going on, or at least not out loud
  • Gringotts Shipper
  • Trophy Closet "My stocking made it to the top of the Winterfest 2016 tree!" This character badge is a secret achievement. Keep playing to unlock it! Carys's FPP 2015 Sapphire Reward Pureblood Character Influential Family Member
R
A
C
H
E
L
E
M
I
L
Y
T
W
Y
L
A
N
[[Joanna considered using an anagram of her name but then decided only egotistical maniacs do that]]

*quite offended* :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:42:31 PM by Taed »

Ann [ OOC Account ]
52 Posts  •  25
*quite offended* :P

and in what is perhaps another character failing of mine, it is an anagramme of my modernised name.

I mean... she even acknowledges it herself...  ::)

Cameryn White [ Dark Wizard ]
383 Posts  •  1256 / Thirteen  •  asexual  •  played by Ταeδ
  • have to stop saying "how can i kill my way out of this one" everytime there is trouble going on, or at least not out loud
  • Gringotts Shipper
  • Trophy Closet "My stocking made it to the top of the Winterfest 2016 tree!" This character badge is a secret achievement. Keep playing to unlock it! Carys's FPP 2015 Sapphire Reward Pureblood Character Influential Family Member
HEY! HEY! That is a PRIVATE diary!!!  ;D

Ann [ OOC Account ]
52 Posts  •  25
HEY! HEY! That is a PRIVATE diary!!!  ;D

Joanna helpfully suggests to the esteemed witch that when she stops killing people then her private stuff will no longer be public concern....

Elena [ Super-Admin ]
1982 Posts  •  28  •  she/her
does anyone have any gossip and rumours of their characters and want them up in the next issue? or does a character have an opinion on an event or a certain someone? shoot me a pm if so ::)

(also for any kind of other contributions if you wish~!)

Carys [ OOC Account ]
325 Posts  •  42
Dermod thought it was a marvellous interview.

Oh gods, I'm going to have to unarchive him...

Melissa Knox [ Death Eater ]
33 Posts  •  35  •  Whips  •  played by Elena
yes please~

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Hogwarts Anew
Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!