October 22, 2019, 05:53:46 AM

Author Topic:  [BoT 2002] New Beginnings [open]  (Read 1317 times)

Hanaoka Tsubaki [ Klyk Vampira ]
30 Posts  •  16  •  maybe bicurious  •  played by Mimi
Re: [BoT 2002] New Beginnings [open]
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 04:56:35 AM »
Tsubaki merely smiled at the way she said her name. Not many had gotten it right since she first arrived in Switzerland but she hadn’t talked to many people yet. She hadn’t gotten anyone’s name right either – now and in the future. Watching Edyta eat as she placed her hands together and muttered a low “itadakimasu”, she couldn’t help but to think how she looked like a savage. But then again, most people looked like savages to her and it was not because of them but it was because how her family had wired her to think that way. The Hanaokas were the epitome of class, culture and refinement; and frankly, Tsubaki had to stop herself from rolling her eyes whenever she received the annual ‘we are better than everyone’ speech. She wondered if her father had to sit through one of those speeches growing up.

“Mahoutokoro,” she managed to finish off for Edyta as she stared at the piece of fish on her plate and decided to throw caution to the wind and stabbed her fork into it, lifting the whole piece up and taking a big bite out of it. When you enter a village, obey the custom of the village was what they said back in Japan. Yeah, she could use that an excuse for that and any other things that she wished to try in future. “And it is fine, I can make some time and we can check it out together someday? If you are not busy that is,” Tsubaki offered with a smile before finishing off her fish in another big bite, her cheeks round like a hamster’s now as she tried her best to chew her food. Now, that was a stupid move.

She covered her mouth with her hand, occasionally nodding to Edyta’s words before her eyes widened in surprise. “Hontou?” Tsubaki cried in surprised through her full mouth. Realizing that she had reverted to Japanese in surprise, she quickly chewed and swallowed her food so that she could reply properly to her. “I meant, really? That is amazing! You can ride the dragons?” She turned in her seat to face the older girl properly, her eyes almost sparkling in amazement. Never in her life had she imagined that a person can ride a dragon! How would it feel? Wouldn’t it feel rather scary considering how big they were? And didn’t they breathe out fire? What if they accidentally burn the rider? “You can really ride them?” She repeated, a hand lightly touching Edyta’s shoulder out of habit when she talked to the others back in Mahoutokoro.

- 2019 -

Edyta Ciesynska [ Drakonya Krov ]
653 Posts  •  17  •  lesbian  •  played by Carys
  • My mom always says, "strangers are just friends you haven't met yet."
  • Trophy Closet Happy pride! Olivia's Halloween 2018 reward This character has started and/or participated in a MP thread! Participated at the Academy Anansi July/August 2001 Durmstrang Chip Contest - Drakonya Krov (2000-2001) Carys's FPP 2015 Sapphire Reward Inga's FPP 2016 Amethyst Reward Georgia's FPP 2015 Sapphire Reward Jenny's Holiday 2016 Prize Participated at the Academy Athena July/August 2000 Durmstrang Quidditch Cup - Drakonya Krov (1999-2000)
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »
Mahoutokoro, that was it. Edyta wondered how many students had transferred to Durmstrang; aside from the few in her immediate vicinity she hadn't spoken to many people since arriving back at school. She supposed she would find out tomorrow. And right now, she was just delighted that she hadn't managed to say or do anything that was unwittingly offensive to another culture, and that Tsubaki had agreed that they should meet up again after today. Though why that should matter when she had plenty of friends already, Edyta didn't know. But it did; she really wanted to be friends with this girl who she'd only just met.

Oh thank goodness, she'd said the right thing and looked interesting. Now, don't just go on and on about the dragons she told herself.

“Yes, I obtained my dragon flying permit at the beginning of last year -” the other girl touched her on the shoulder as if amazed at what she was hearing, and Edyta felt her heart jump, actually jump as if it wanted to climb up out of her throat and take a look to see what was going on. She blinked twice, took a breath, and after a shaky pause, continued as if nothing had happened.

“I wanted to learn to fly ever since I started at Durmstrang, but it took several years of training before the dragon flying professor allowed me to take my test. Also, I wanted my own flying leathers, and I don't have much...I mean, it took me some time to save enough money to purchase my own protective gear, so I didn't have to borrow leathers from the school...” Another sigh of relief, as the seventh year managed to not admit how little money she had, even to this day. She wasn't sure how students at Mahoutokoro felt about muggles, and she didn't talk much about her family even with her close friends.  "Anyway, I can fly solo. It's really not so dangerous as one might think because you sit close to the dragon's neck, so it can't reach you even if it turns it's head to breathe fire" she said in a cheerful, reassuring tone.

Kalevi Aare [ Drakonya Krov ]
31 Posts  •  16  •  Heterosexual  •  played by Livvy
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 06:24:02 AM »
For the first time, Kalevi was late to something not because he had snuck of with a young woman, but simply because he had gone to explore the new school before the dinner and dance while the others dressed up and conversed with friends. He hadn't intended to be late. In fact, he planned to be early so he could catch Linnea before the headmaster gave his speech. What a way to start the new term!

He ran his hands over his dress robes and through his hair to smooth them out and make him look presentable after his sprint from some corner of the school to the grand hall. As quietly as he could, he crept through the main doors to the Hall. Kalevi was careful to be as quiet as he could without drawing too much attention to himself. His head was kept low so he could avoid any looks from the head table in front of the assembly. He was just some bratty teen, why should they have to concern themselves with him? As he passed a table where a few Klyk girls were sitting, he offered one dark-haired beauty his signature smile accompanied by his charming wink. It was his go-to move whenever he found someone pretty. No, she was quite beautiful. Just beyond her was his friend, @Ava Wassermann . She herself was beautiful in her own way. Ava was his best friend, and recently, she had made his palms itch and caused him to stumble over his words. The young man knew why he acted so differently around her compared to any other girls he chased after, but he didn't want to ruin what he had with her. He offered her a friendly wave and his smile became a little more genuine.

Rather than sit by her, he moved to sit by one of his close friends, @Linnéa Holmström . He would catch up with Ava later. Surely she'd want to go explore more of the grounds with him. Perhaps they could sneak away during the dance. That girl - Linnea- had caught his eye more times than he could count. There she was, head held high, so elegantly and poised. Linnea was a Greek Goddess of modern times. She was chatting with @Edyta Ciesynska and another student he had not recognized at the table beside her. Immediately by her looks, he assumed she had come from the transfer of Mahoutokoro.

"I'm late, I know," he attempted to ward off any lecture he may get from the blonde Swedish girl as he filled the vacant seat beside her. His hand moved to her lower back and he kissed her cheek in a friendly way. He found himself wanting to kiss a lot more than just her cheek, but he would behave himself for now. With their on-and-off hookups that they had, he knew she wasn't too fond of showing affection in public. He would probably be scolded for kissing her like that later after they'd all retired to their common rooms. Kalevi would play it safe. He didn't dare to try anything she wasn't interested in and waited for her to cue when they were hooking up again. It was only the first day of school and there would be plenty of time. "I see you Krovs have made a new friend. My name is Kalevi," he nodded in @Hanaoka Tsubaki's direction. He felt awkward stretching himself over the open space between the two tables to shake hands with her. "Co-Captain of the Drakonya Krov quidditch team. Welcome to Durmstrang. None of us know this school or the language, except for this fine young lady who was born in this country." He glanced over at Linnéa when he said that. "We're all going to be confused I think for the first few months, but hopefully we can all adjust well." He said reassuringly. As much as he approved of the transfer, there was so much he had to learn and become accustomed to. He couldn't imagine what it was like for a young woman from Asia to be thrown into an entirely new culture. At least with the transfer from Russia to Sweden, he still had many of his friends and they all knew similar languages. He almosted pitied the new girl for having to catch up. She was brave. He would struggle if he found himself in the same situation.

His attention was turned to Linnea. "You're looking stunning as always. Are you trying to be on your best behavior for the minister?" He couldn't help but laugh as he relaxed into his chair and helped himself to a drink from the table. "I got lost trying to get here. What did I miss?"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:06:50 PM by Livvy »

Hanaoka Tsubaki [ Klyk Vampira ]
30 Posts  •  16  •  maybe bicurious  •  played by Mimi
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 11:18:36 AM »
“Wow, that is truly amazing!” Tsubaki clapped her hands together, truly amazed at the fact the Edyta was licensed to ride a dragon. While some of the things Edyta said completely flew past her (like flying leathers and such… probably something to do with fitting the dragons before riding them), she was now completely hooked on the older girl’s tale. It never crossed her mind that one could ride a dragon! They did touch about dragons back in Mahoutokoro but so far, she had yet to see a live one up-close. She did recall the headmaster talking about the dragon stables so did that meant each student would have a chance to see the dragons? She was both intrigued and frightened by the thought. What if they suddenly went on a rampage? What if they ate a student? Many ‘what if’s with grim outcome ran through her head but she decided rather than wondering, she could just ask Edyta herself.

She was ready to ask more when they were rudely (well, in her mind it seemed rude) interrupted by a male who seemed familiar with Edyta and the girl who sat near them. But no, that was nothing compared to what he did next. His very obvious public display of affections to the other girl made her sat up straighter and a polite smile immediately appeared to mask any negative emotions that might have appeared the moment he kissed the other girl’s cheek. She was amazed that the school allowed such brazen display of inappropriate behaviour but then again, she had heard that it was something common in the western world.

Sure, Tsubaki had come across couples kissing (especially in the muggle world) but it didn’t usually happen right in her face. “I am… Tsubaki Hanaoka,” she said as she looked at his hand and debated on shaking it. Who knows what other things he had touched or whether he had thoroughly scrubbed his hands after doing his dirty deeds. But since it was rude to leave his hand hanging in the air, she reached out and only shook the tips of his fingers. She could excuse it as being unaccustomed to hand shaking, even if that was a blatant lie. “It is nice to meet you, Kalevi-san,” her smile felt strained at this point and she breathed a sigh of relief when he turned his attention to the other girl. Good.

Clearing her throat to dispel whatever horrible feelings she felt earlier, she looked at Edyta with a smile. “Oh, right! I wanted to ask if there were any incidents where the dragon attacked the rider.”

- 2019 -

Edyta Ciesynska [ Drakonya Krov ]
653 Posts  •  17  •  lesbian  •  played by Carys
  • My mom always says, "strangers are just friends you haven't met yet."
  • Trophy Closet Happy pride! Olivia's Halloween 2018 reward This character has started and/or participated in a MP thread! Participated at the Academy Anansi July/August 2001 Durmstrang Chip Contest - Drakonya Krov (2000-2001) Carys's FPP 2015 Sapphire Reward Inga's FPP 2016 Amethyst Reward Georgia's FPP 2015 Sapphire Reward Jenny's Holiday 2016 Prize Participated at the Academy Athena July/August 2000 Durmstrang Quidditch Cup - Drakonya Krov (1999-2000)
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 12:23:43 PM »
Edyta's brown furrowed momentarily as they were interrupted. Normally she didn't mind and enjoyed being among a large group of friends for the beginning of the year, but the change of location coupled with the Ministry presence meant she had been enjoying having a conversation with just one person. That was what she told herself, anyway. She hadn't even noticed that Tsubaki was very pretty, particularly when she smiled...Edyta felt her cheeks redden slightly at the thought she refused to acknowledge, and then she was glad of the interruption.

It gave her the time to compose herself, and after a couple of deep breaths she felt like her usual self again. The sensible, hard-working girl who didn't worry about what anyone thought of her, never had been concerned, and certainly didn't bother trying to impress people. So then, why was she pleased when her new friend seemed less than comfortable with talking to her housemates? Why did it give her a little frisson of delight in the pit of her stomach when Tsubaki seemed hesitant to shake hands, and why was she so delighted when the girl turned back and smiled at her before asking another question.

Oops! Edyta would have liked to have been helpful and reassuring here, claiming that the dragons were perfectly safe and well-contained and there were only ever minor accidents, but... She smiled reassuringly. "No, the dragons don't attack the riders here. In class, we are only allowed to ride the quietest dragons, and the professor won't allow a dragon near students if it is sick or tired" she hesitated "but once, a dragon escaped and got into the Grand Hall, and we had to subdue it before it caused any damage" Edyta had been much younger then, hadn't known any spells on her own that were powerful enough to restrain a fully-grown dragon, but she had been brave to the point of foolishness, remaining in the hall and assisting the older students and professors to distract the dragon until it could be taken back to the stables. She hadn't thought about the incident for years, but following it's recapture she'd heard a rumour... "that dragon was sent to a reservation afterwards. Not all dragons are safe to ride, you see, so it couldn't stay at the school..."

Well aware that she hadn't offered the reassurance that Tsubaki had likely been hoping for, she added "I don't know what the new dragon stables look like, but I'm sure they are even more secure than at the old school site. The Ministry won't let a dragon escape again."

Tags: open 

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!