November 18, 2019, 10:05:08 AM

Author Topic:  (Nov MP) While Waiting Until Dusk (Timothy)  (Read 362 times)

Vincent Aguilar [ American Ministry ]
22 Posts  •  26  •  Two spirited  •  played by Chaw
(Nov MP) While Waiting Until Dusk (Timothy)
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:13:22 AM by Chaw »

2118 Posts  •  23  •  Homosexual  •  played by William
Re: (Nov MP) While Waiting Until Dusk (Timothy)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 12:25:19 AM »
Timothy wasn't particularly fond of the cold, but he was fond of what came along with it. He found snow beautiful, found the various creatures that enjoyed the chilly air charming. It was a time of year he enjoyed despite being uncomfortable with the feel of the atmosphere. However it didn't stop him from traveling to a secluded spot in Muggle Europe to have a look at some of the beautiful wildlife that populated the area.

Timothy looked up at the clock in his quarters and saw that now would be the perfect time. He hitched up his bag and placed it's strap on his shoulder before making his way out through the corridor, following the curves of the hallways, out through the front of Hogwarts castle, and down the bridge toward the outskirts of the school. He walked until he arrived at the boundary, then apparated to the spot he desired, a ridge looking down at some reindeer.

This was a trip Timothy had taken many times, one he rather enjoyed. It cleared his head to look at the peaceful creatures as they made their way around the pleasantly following snow. Timothy went down to one knee and looked over the ridge to get a better look at them. They were beautiful just as Timothy always remembered them to be. Yet he was still always surprised by the beauty. In the early afternoon sun, Timothy caught a glimpse of someone else who appeared to be doing the same thing he was but he ignored the person, not wishing to bother them or in turn be disturbed.

However, a voice broke through. Timothy stood up from his kneeling position. "Uh..yes I know, thank you. This is a trip I've made a few times. I've never seen someone else out here before at this time of year. I have to say that I'm quite surprised."

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »
Timothy nodded at the man's comment about following the herd. Timothy's attention was kept on the reindeer and their awareness of the two of them standing there. It was of course not unnatural for the animals to be aware of their surroundings, but this herd seemed hyper aware, paying more attention to their surroundings than normal. They didn't seem spooked, but they did seem somewhat on edge. Timothy put his hands in his jacket pocket. "Yes, I would like some, thank you."

Timothy followed the man back to his fire and Timothy sat on a small log fairly close to it. He thanked the man for the tea and sipped on it as he watched the herd down below. There were some that were grazing about rather aimlessly while others still seemed to be searching the area. Timothy noted in his mind that this was rather odd behavior. Timothy drank a bit more while thinking and then something clicked in his mind.

He pointed down toward the herd. "I thought that they were looking 'round this way because they heard us speak, however some of them are continuing to survey the area, even though from this distance they shouldn't be able to hear us and barely see us. They're looking around for the quickest and easiest exit points. You said that you've been trailing them. How fast have they been moving?"

Timothy stood up on top of the log to get a better look. Remembering his manners, Timothy stretched out his hand as he continued to watch the reindeer. "Professor Timothy Winchester."

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 02:15:13 AM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:05:27 PM by Chaw »

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 11:19:52 PM »
"It wouldn't be out of the ordinary certainly for a predator to have gone after them under the cover of darkness. But it's anyone's guess as to what exactly that creature could be." Timothy sipped down the remaining bits of tea that he had in his cup. He enjoyed the sensation of the warmth as it slid down his chest. It did the trick almost immediately, sending tendrils of warmth through his body. He made a mental note to thank the American later, but at the moment his concern remained on the herd.

"I don't know if you know too much about Hogwarts. I'm the Arithmancy professor at the school, and the position has given me a different view of things. Not only because of the practice of Arithmancy itself, but for the heightened sense of awareness I was taught last year. I'm sure the news might be familiar to many now, but there was dome that encapsulated the school and inside that dome were countless vicious creatures that sought to attack and kill everything in the castle with a beating heart."

Timothy sat his cup down gently on the flattest part of the log he could find before standing up to look over the ridge some more. He turned the observations made by the other wizard in his head trying to make sense of it all. He slowly began trying to piece things together to create some answers. "I'm not aiming to alarm, but I'd suggest that we familiarize ourselves with our easiest routes of desertion as well. If it's true that they're being hunted, it's quite possible we could be as well by sheer proximity."

Timothy listened to the various possible beasts the American listed off. He too looked to the sky for a moment. "If it was a dragon I'd think we'd be much warmer by now. I just have a nasty feeling whatever's been hunting them is persistent and probably not too far away. But we'll know nothing for a while. I doubt that whatever it is is brave enough to make off with one of them under the sun. Too much attention."

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 08:29:32 PM »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 02:57:29 PM by Chaw »

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 02:28:04 AM »
Timothy got the sense that the other wizard felt he was reading too far into the situation. But if the war and the dome had Timothy anything, it was to always go with his gut feeling and never second guess himself. Timothy decided that it was best for the moment to pose no sort of argument and to adjust his demeanor as appropriate to the situation. But he didn't change his mind on the prospect of danger. He would simply keep his own wits about him and not press any further on the need to prepare for haste.

"It's rather interesting that there aren't any Muggles present. In years passed, I've seen a few of them coming to do just what you and I have. Observe. But this winter, it's exceptionally frigid, I don't blame them for staying behind around a fire and under blankets. But I have to say, I quite like them. I've discovered that they're very hospitable. More than most wizards I've met. But you seem to be rather like them in a lot of ways. It's a nice change of pace."

Timothy walked back over to where the young wizard was, back at his fire offering a second cup of tea. Timothy declined a second beverage, he'd had his fill. He was far more interested in conversation. He intended to stay until the sun was down to observe the reindeer's actions, and to see if his suspicions of danger were proven true under starlight. Timothy sat down on a stump close to the fire and crossed his legs. He placed his elbow on his knee and placed his chin carefully in his hand. It was rather boyish posture. Timothy sometimes made one question if he'd really matured beyond sixteen.

"Here I've said so much of myself, but I've not opened the floor up to you. Pardon me for it, I'm paid to ramble for a living. But shut me up, tell me about you."

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 02:08:38 AM »

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 02:47:59 AM »
Timothy smiled at the man's reaction to his compliment. It was true, this American reminded him a lot of the Muggles, something he found quite interesting. In England, it was somewhat controversial to take a liking to anyone other than wizard's. But ever since a young age, Timothy found himself fascinated by the way the Muggles lived their lives. It amazed him how far they'd progressed as a society without magic. They'd learned to put a man in the air, send a woman to space, to put cars on the road. It was all so interesting. The Muggles were often doubted, but in Timothy's mind, they're more than proved their intelligence and they're capability of survival away from a wand.

Timothy's attention was perked up by the man's mention of a tribe. "That's amazing! You're of Native ancestry and blood. I can't say that I've ever met a member of a tribe in person before. My father had a lot of books concerning the culture and how differently the world and it's resources and beauty are viewed by the tribes. It's really quite fascinating. Certainly a far cry away from the kind of outlook and behavior that many other wizards display when it comes the world."

Timothy was caught off guard by the howl that echoed on the wind. He looked closely at the reaction of the reindeer and then listened to the other wizard speak. "A lone wolf wouldn't, no. At least, not a regular wolf. I don't want to sound paranoid, but I highly suggest that you pack all of this up this instant. We may not have the luxury of time to do it later on."

Timothy stood from the stump he sat on and walked back across the ridge to where he first arrived, looking down toward the reindeer who were shuffling close together. Timothy looked up at the sky, the last little bit of sunlight slipping from the sky, replaced by a glowing, full moon. Timothy put his hand on the hilt of his wand just in case. He held his breath.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 07:06:39 AM »

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 05:17:44 AM »
The instant the reindeer charged, Timothy heard the other wizard call for him to jump behind the rock. Timothy did as was instructed and bolted behind it, himself throwing up another shield charm to match that of the other wizard. Timothy took a moment to collect his breath and it's then that his war instincts kicked in. Timothy was a mild mannered man most days. Relaxed, cool, calm, and collected. But when the time came for it, he could spring into action with speed and agility.

Timothy stood and took a sprint toward the other wizard, all the while keeping his shield concentrated on the approaching herd. Timothy used his other arm to grab the man by the arm. "Keep your eyes open." Timothy went over the crest of the ridge. He'd noticed earlier that it wasn't a straight dive down, but rather a hill. He slid down to his back and allowed himself to slide partially down the embankment before catching himself and the other wizard by grabbing hold of an exposed vine poking from the snow. They were now to the side of the scurrying herd, out of their path of travel.

It was from this angle that Timothy got a full and unfiltered view of the creature that inspired the movement. Steam appeared to float from it's nostrils as it moved with great speed, weaving in and out of the shadows of the trees. It's eyes seemed focused intently on the ridge with which the reindeer were trying desperately to climb. However a thought occurred to him. While the deer were running, they'd been silhouetted against the brightness of the shield charm. It was likely that in their haste to get out of the path of the herd, it was likely that they'd made the creature aware of their presence.

Timothy looked all around him. "We're exposed if the herd dissipates. I think that our scent will be masked as long as we're hidden within theirs. But going into the herd could mean we're trampled. We've got a choice, neither ideal but a choice nonetheless. Your call." The creature howled. "Sooner rather than later please."

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!