June 01, 2020, 09:15:41 PM

Author Topic:  Learn to fly [Miha]  (Read 622 times)

Mihaela Lupesco [ Drakonya Krov ]
1119 Posts  •  16  •  dating Lev Leskov  •  played by Samm
Re: Learn to fly [Miha]
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 01:30:17 AM »
"Yeah that might be a good idea..." She said softly, moving to sit next to him on the hard packed ground. Mihaela was impressed, it was obvious, but not just with the magic that was being performed in front of her. There were very few people she knew who could keep fighting like he was. She could tell he was hurting, could see the toll this was taking on him, but he persevered. And that earned her respect. Pulling the sleeves of her jacket down the Romanian girl sat idly with him as he got his breath back. She couldn't imagine the kind of stress this training was putting on his body but she had to assume it was great.

When he started speaking again she looked over at him and shrugged her shoulders honestly. "Looked like a bird..." She felt like he might be interested in more information so she elaborated. "Well, sorta... like you looked like a bird flying but that last bit threw it all off." Obviously he knew the landing wasn't exactly perfect and she wasn't looking to rub that fact in but she wanted to give him as much information as she could.

"Maybe flap your wings less?" She looked confused even as she was saying it but then she jumped up to her feet. Mihaela was the type of witch that never took a moment to think about what she was about to do before she was doing it. She feared very little and was near impossible to humiliate so her next moves came easily. "Normal birds be soarin' ya know?" She mimicked what she thought was a graceful looking flight across a patch of grass. Her arms outstretched on her sides like long feathered wings and only pushing down occasionally in long forceful flaps. "Where as you be like this," and then she looked more like a crazed chicken flapping its wings fast and sporadically.

Returning to sit beside him she was oblivious to anyone who may have seen her bird dancing but her cheeks were a little red from exertion. "Ya know?"
When I die, let the wolves enjoy my bones. When I die, let me go.

When I die, let the flames devour me. When I die, set me free.

Zviad Gogoladze [ Klyk Vampira ]
727 Posts  •  18  •  heterosexual  •  played by Inga
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 10:08:44 AM »
Zviad sat on the ground, recovering his breath. It was odd how it felt. Being a bird with tiny lungs and a miniature heart his heart rate was about three to four times as fast as it was when he was in his human shape. The transformation of his body meant a lot of stress for him. Sometimes he thought that – crashes and injuries aside – flying was not half as exhausting as the transformation itself.

His pulse was still above average as he sat on the ground and he felt a slight dizziness that was not unusual. He had got used to that. It was maybe not as extreme as it had been after the first few transformations but it was still an issue to overcome. He wondered why he hadn't brought a bottle of water or something along the lines of that. Having something to drink now would probably help. He took a few deep breaths, filling his lungs with as much oxygen as possible. He felt how his heart rate was getting closer to normal already but the exhaustion was still there and would be there for the rest of the day, he assumed.

He appreciated the way Mihaela was treating him, she was not making a fuss – really, Miha was not one of these girls who did that anyway – she was simply there, giving him a feeling of safety without even having to do much.

Offering a weak grin in response to her saying how he had looked like as a bird, he shook his head. “Well, you know that the landing bit is not my forte. Don't rub this in any more.”

She went on sharing her idea of how he could do better and Zviad listened, torn between thinking that she had no idea what she was talking about and wondering if she might have a point. He couldn't help but smile when she demonstrated how he had looked in comparison to a normal bird by flapping her arms. “It was not quite that bad though,” he said amused but still hoping that she was exaggerating. What she did looked absolutely ridiculous, after all.

“I guess it'll take some more practice anyway,” he agreed. “I hadn't expected it to work out from one day to the other but this is really tough.” He sighed. “Hopefully it's worth it in the end...” He was not really doubting it all – this was still great achievement and a pretty amazing ability – but there were moments when he just wanted his body to stop aching. Thinking of that made him wonder what kind of injuries he had got today that Mihaela hadn't healed yet. He still had a rather bad feeling about his ankle which was painful even now that he did not stand or try to walk. Other than that he thought that from his last landing attempt his right arm had got some additional bruises. However, all things considered he decided he was in a pretty decent state. He'd live and recover, so much was certain.

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 01:54:02 AM »
After she'd finished doing her impersonation of a bird she'd joined him once more on the cold packed ground. She smiled brightly, knowing she had only been joking with him, and assuming he hadn't taken it to heart. Mihaela could some times, actually most times, put her foot in her mouth so it was nice when she found people who didn't take her very seriously. She had a very little filter and nonsense was constantly coming out of her moth. Hearing his words she nodded along, practice was a good idea, lots and lots of it, but she had no doubt Zviad was going to follow through. He seemed like the type who was dedicated once he set his mind to something. He'd have to be, if he wanted to master this arcane art. There was a very good reason not many people were Animagi, it was hard.

Pulling on the sleeves of her jacket she shivered a little as a cloud rolled over the sun they'd been sitting in. It was nice when it was sunny, but it was still a bit chilly when the sun went down. "Sure as shit it'll be worth it!" She said, nearly punching him in the shoulder for thinking something so foolish but catching herself at the last moment, just before coming into contact. He was probably already in enough pain and she didn't need to add to it.

"So what now?" She wondered if he'd give it another go, she'd be surprised if he did but she wouldn't stop him if he tried. The wizard looked like he was in a world of hurt but she wouldn't stand in his way. Not unless it looked like he was going to get severely injured, right now they were still just at the scrapes, bruises, and possibility of broken bones stage. All of which could be mended. "Dunno' bout you but I could go for some stew right about now..." She said, looking longingly into the distance, towards the direction of the dining hall. Turning to him abruptly a thought came to her and she couldn't help but blurt it out.

"Wait are you gonna eat worms now?"

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
While Zviad knew he was right about having to practise and he appreciated Miha's honesty, it felt a bit discouraging how eagerly she nodded when he spoke of having to practise. He wanted to try out more, repeatedly try flying and landing but it was also exhausting and actually quite painful.

His bright eyes found hers as she said that all the effort would be worth it in the end. He was glad that Mihaela did not go through with the intended little punch. His body was not really in a fit state for this kind of interaction.

She asked him 'what now?' and Zviad hoped she did not expect him to transform yet again and make another attempt at flying and landing. He could tell that he would not be any more successful now than he had been so far. Although he wished he could do more he knew that it would be foolish to try again.

Fortunately Mihaela had different ideas on her mind as well. Zviad suppressed a relieved sigh and smiled. “Oh yes,” he said, “I'm starving. I'd love a proper meal now.” He shook his head. “I'm not eating worms now. Even when I transfigured I do not really long for worms, you know. I guess I'll have to spend a lot more time in my bird shape to develop a taste similar to your average bird. For now I can safely say that I do not want to even try a worm ever.”

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 04:37:52 AM »
She scrunched up her face at his refusal to eat worms, oddly enough she was kind of looking forward to hearing about that. Mihaela thought it was perfectly unusually so naturally she found it insanely interesting. Of course she wasn't going to sign up to help him with that little experiment though, if he was going to eat them. Maybe she'd help him find them on the beach, she remembered doing that when she was a kid, but that was as far as she'd go in the en-devour. Thankfully enough he didn't ask, so she didn't have to refuse.

Shrugging her shoulders she supposed it made sense that he would still eat wizard food instead of worms. He would mostly be in this form, even when he did get flying and landing mastered. She wondered then, what he would do with this new found power, once he'd figured it all out. Standing up and brushing off her backside she held a hand out to help him to his feet and asked her questions aloud as they walked slowly back to the school.

"So, months from now when you be flyin' like a natural, what's the first thing you gonna' do?" She skipped ahead a little playfully, turning back to look at him as she walked backwards, a little pep in her step. Wind blew strands of her long brown hair in her face and she pulled them from her mouth as she spoke, a mischievous little smile forming.

"I'd spy on people."

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 05:05:32 PM »
Zviad had the strange feeling that Mihaela was a bit disappointed that he did not intend to try worms but he wasn't sure if he was maybe just imagining things. “I'd try a worm though if you do it too,” he provoked her with a slight smile. She was not going to take this challenge, right? Girls didn't do such a thing as a dare, not even tough and cool girls like Mihaela.

He was glad that Mihaela held out her hand to help him up, he would have moved awkwardly and now he could try not to put too much weight on his still aching ankle. Yet, he winced as he got to his feet but sketched a smile all the same. He could do this. He just had to be careful, right? He'd surely manage his way back up to the school somehow.

“Hmm,” he made, as Mihaela asked what he was intending to do once he had figured everything about flying and landing out. Spying on people as Miha suggested sounded actually good and was something he had thought of too but that was not all he had on mind. He wasn't entirely sure if he should confide in his friend when it came to how he'd (ab)use his skills though.

“Spying will be great fun, especially when this remains a secret between the two of us.” Zviad definitely did not intend to let anybody in on the secret that he was an animagus and he hoped that he would not be discovered. He was actually sneaky enough for the task.

“Maybe… fly into places and… take little things out…?” he finally suggested casually, thinking that he could trust Mihaela enough. He had a history anyway. Everybody knew that he was a thief, after all.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 12:36:10 AM »
Still walking backwards the teenager smirked at him playfully, she knew he'd have good ideas. She never held her tongue around Zviad, she never had to. Some of the other students at Durmstrang would of certainly stuck up their nose at the idea of using such a gift for nefarious means but not these two. They were thick as thieves, literally. "Oh, of course. Ain't gotta' worry bout me none." She replied to his comment about keeping it between the two of them. The witch crossed her fingers over her heart as a show of good faith and she meant it too. Besides, what fun would it be to ruin the secret? No she would certainly have more fun this way and she knew it. And she hoped he knew it too, but she assumed he trusted her enough since he'd told her about it already.

Turning back around to fall in line next to him and match his pace Mihaela nodded along to his next suggestion. "Oh yeah, definitely have to be doin' that!" She exclaimed, getting too excited, and covering her mouth a bit to keep the giggles at bay. "And you can play tricks on people too." She laughed once more. "Move their things 'round when they not looking and then zip right back out a windaw." She acted out her words with hand motions and then reached for the door as they arrived at the school building.

Mihaela preferred the old building, well the old old one, with the zombies on the lower levels, but it was her last year and she could care less about learning Swedish any more than she had to. The young girl knew enough to get by on but her schoolwork had never been great to begin with so nothing had changed there. She was completely confident that the moment she left Durmstrang for good she'd forget everything she knew about the language. She already knew Romanian and Bulgarian and she didn't speak either very well, her slang words and rural accent becoming a challenge sometimes, so she didn't need another language to slaughter.

"Hold up." She said softly, letting the door go and turning back toward him. "Your uh, your nose is bleeding." She whispered and looked around them swiftly before pulling out her wand. The coast was clear for now but she'd have to perform the charm quickly. Speaking the words clearly she moved her wand in front of his face in a sweeping motion and waited for the bruising to clear up before stopping. Though she wouldn't hate the rumors that'd she'd beat up Zviad, she didn't much care for the idea of Lev thinking she was sparring with anyone other than him.

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2020, 08:37:47 PM »
Zviad grinned. He knew that Miha would not betray him but hearing her confirm it felt like she made a vow that just tightened their bond as friends. They had already done some crazy things together, like stealing that dragon egg and raising a little baby dragon... They'd have great fun with his animagus skills as well. Briefly Zviad thought that it was sad that they were already in their seventh year at school. Well, they'd spend time together after graduation as well and maybe it would even be better than it was now.

The boy did not quite see the sense in playing tricks on people unless… He grinned some more. “Yeah,” he nodded. “Could be fun to confuse a professor that way. Like making them think that they're getting forgetful or something.” He laughed, thinking that there were a few professors that he'd actually enjoy pranking.

They had reached the building now and it was time to speak less openly in case they'd be overheard. Zviad was glad that they had had such a good conversation while walking back to the school building as he almost forgot about the pain in his ankle. As he was still thinking about that, Mihaela noticed that his nose was bleeding. Truth be told, the boy hadn't even realised this himself yet and instinctively sniffed.

Mihaela pulled out her wand and he held still until she was done performing the healing spell. Then he wrinkled his nose and took a deep breath afterwards. “Seems fine, thanks. I hope you didn't give me a new nose that doesn't fit my face,” he joked. “On serious note though, do you do ankles too?” He should have asked her before walking back to the school but somehow he had felt like a wimp asking for it right away. As if he couldn't endure any pain... Now, however, he realised that it was foolish to pass on that opportunity as his ankle was burning with pain. He wasn't entirely sure if he could heal it himself and he believed that Miha was able to do it. He could swallow his pride if that meant that he'd be able to walk properly again afterwards.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2020, 03:23:26 AM »
She finished the spell on his nose, impressed by her own handy work as it nearly immediately looked a little less swollen. It'd still bruise probably, but there was cream for that. There wasn't really any spell that could undo a broken bone like it never happened but there were plenty that fixed them. And lucky for him Mihaela knew quite a few of them. She nodded at her work and laughed at his idea of a new nose. "Oh I should have!" She giggled again, picturing him with a duck bill or something ridiculous. She was mischievous, but she wasn't quick enough to of thought of that.

"You bet'ur ass I do." She told him with that confident twang in her voice as she knelt down to reach his ankle. She balanced her weight on her feet, pointing her wand at his ankle and speaking the incantation. "And to think I thought none of that training would come ta' use." She shook her head, hearing her father's voice in her ears, and then stood back up.

"There how's that feelin'? Anything else broken in there you'd like ta be tellin' me about?"

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2020, 09:56:43 AM »
It was amazing how being with Mihaela the world always looked a little brighter, a little more fun. He chuckled as she said that she should have given him a new nose. “Well, that could be a future profession for you – Imagine all the rich witches and wizards who come to you to get the perfect nose. You could make them all pretty.” He didn't make it entirely clear if he was joking or not. Truth be told he thought that rich people were usually vain and would give anything to look their best. They'd probably also spend money on something that they could do to themselves if they knew the right spells and used a mirror. The longer the thought was on his mind though the better he liked the idea. It would be a wonderful business. Maybe they could work together on that and tempt students at Durmstrang to their spend money on beautifying spells.

He was relieved that Mihaela was also able to mend his ankle. He was really grateful that she fixed all his injuries without really rubbing in how bad he was at flying or anything. She was a real friend, someone he could rely on and for Zviad that meant more than a lot. He didn't really have many close friends, after all. “Thanks,” he said with a slight smile. “You're really good at this,” he added, not surprised but still clearly impressed.

“Nah,” he shook his head, “I think I'm good. I'll take care of the bruises later myself.” Carefully he moved his ankle, put weight on to it and nodded contentedly. It felt almost as good as new now.

“Do I look presentable though? Or should I go to a bathroom to clean my face before we go and have dinner?” He was not sure how he looked. Truth be told, he was not eager to look into the mirror, thinking that no matter how good Mihaela was at healing spells he probably still looked like a mess. Naturally, since it was their secret that he was an animagus, he didn't want anyone to come and ask questions though. Therefore he thought he'd better be safe than sorry.

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2020, 06:19:21 PM »
Waiting for him to respond, the Romanian witch took a moment to inspect her nails, flatten her hair a little, and straighten her jacket. She smiled at him when he announced he'd mend his bruises later tonight. While she would have been more than happy to do it, the teenager was getting close to the angry stage of hunger. When he brought up the idea of washing up before heading to dinner, she visibly frowned. "You be lookin' fine, maybe just.." She wasn't exactly lying, but she wasn't quite truthful either. Miha wanted to eat, and the longer they spent delaying it, the more dishonest she would become. "Just wipe off your face a little." She motioned to underneath his nose, where some blood at pooled earlier by circling her hand around that area of her face.

Sighing, she realized if anyone saw him, they would probably ask questions, and she knew those were not questions they wanted to answer yet. She folded her arms across her chest and scrunched up her face before speaking again. "Okay, okay, fine, best ta' wash yer face first, I suspect." She conceded to the fact that it would be better if he just cleaned up a bit, even if it meant she'd need to wait a little longer to eat.

"But you'd better hurry, I've got a might hunger growing, and if you take too long, it'll be your funeral." She smirked at him playfully, giving him a wink and shooing him off toward the first-floor bathrooms.

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
As Mihaela said that he looked fine, Zviad raised his eyebrows. He knew his friend well enough by now to know that she'd say anything to get food when she was hungry and he assumed that this was the reason why she now told him he looked fine when he felt quite certain that he didn't.

She mentioned that he'd need to wipe off blood from below his nose and Zviad immediately did so although he knew that this could hardly do the trick. He'd need to wash his face and soon enough Mihaela seemed to agree. “I already thought you'd let me sit there at dinner covered in blood with everybody staring me just because you're hungry.” He felt exhausted and slightly irritated now.

“You go ahead already. Save me some a seat and some food in case I take a little longer to get myself into a presentable state.” He made it sound like it was funny but, truth be told, he didn't feel amused. The tiredness was getting more and more pronounced. His whole body seemed to feel heavy now. His head was aching, his mouth felt dry and he wanted to lay down. However, he mastered a little smile before he turned around.

“I'll see you in a bit. If I don't arrive within the next twenty minutes you might want to send a search party,” he joked as he made his way into the bathroom.

[out]

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2020, 11:08:06 PM »
The mischievous witch gave Zviad a little shrug, she almost had let him go to dinner looking like a mess, but she had eventually seen reason. Hunger was a real thing and it certainly impaired her judgment. She smirked a little and laughed, "It almost happened." She told him, before taking a few steps backward toward the dining hall. They hadn't quite said goodbye yet but she could sense it was coming and she was getting a head start on getting something to eat. Giving him a big wave Miha agreed to his words.

"Will do!" She said, already planning to keep a seat saved for him. Mihaela felt like most students knew enough not to sit by her unless they were invited. She was a seventh year, the Drakonya Krov quidditch captain, and dating the Klyk Vampira captain (slash the best looking seventh year) so she assumed her table was the "cool table" and that made her smile. She loved being at the top of the class at Durmstrang. Of course she was far from the top when it came to academics, but the Romanian spit fire felt like she made up for it in other ways.

"See ya soon!" She called after him as she was already turning to head for the doors. "Don't you be passing out in there!" She finished before she turned the corner and headed for Dinner. She'd check on him, of course, but only if it was needed and only after she'd had something to eat.

[[out]]

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!