June 01, 2020, 09:01:55 PM

Author Topic:  [Eot] Its not goodbye, it's until I see you again [Miha]  (Read 79 times)

Joran Aslin [ Drakonya Krov ]
9 Posts  •  14  •  *shrug*  •  played by Jared
[Eot] Its not goodbye, it's until I see you again [Miha]
« on: April 18, 2020, 05:14:12 AM »
Joran had a box in his hands, clearly wrapped by someone other than himself. It had pretty green ribbon tied in a bow around a skinny, long box wrapped in silver-gray paper. He was stationed near the upper year girls dorm so he could see Mihaela Lupesco as soon as she walked out of it. He'd planned to give it to her the moment he'd bought from the school store the year he got on the team. Over the couple of years he was here, he'd gotten the signatures of the Drakonya Krov teams put on this shirt.

Mihaela Lupesco was probably one of those most friendly, easy-to-talk-to people he'd had the pleasure to know, even just at practice. He was sad that he wouldn't have a chance to grow under her tutelage anymore. He'd been so excited to join in his second year, and now be a starter as of next year. He had to, had to do something for the older girl. He didn't think she knew how inspiring she'd been to him, even in the short time he'd known her. He was vaguely aware that she may think this was a weird gesture.

However, this wasn't a time to second guess himself, he needed to do it before he ran out of nerve. He heard the door open, and immediately called her name, hoping it was indeed her. "Mihaela! Come over here! I have something for you!" he said jovially, though he was anything but a bundle of nerves at this point. "Your exams go alright?" he made small talk as he passed the box gingerly from hand to hand. He really hoped she didn't think it was creepy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:14:30 AM by Jared »

Mihaela Lupesco [ Drakonya Krov ]
1119 Posts  •  16  •  dating Lev Leskov  •  played by Samm
Re: [Eot] Its not goodbye, it's until I see you again [Miha]
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 05:58:34 AM »
Mihaela was in as good a mood as ever, life was good. She was on top of the social food chain at Durmstrang. She was the Captain of her team, she was dating the Captain of the other team and quite frankly the best looking wizard in the whole school. And she was so firmly in the love bubble that she didn't even need to come up for air anymore. She was living the good life. Bouncing through her dormitory she was dancing with some of the other girls to a Wrock song on the radio. Exams were over, the term was coming to an end, which meant they were all in a partying mood. She wondered where they would all sneak to tonight to secretly get drunk and make out. It made her miss the hot springs at the old school location.

Red cheeked and out of breath she excused herself and headed down the stairs out of the door in her pajama bottoms and a tank top. She'd wear her PJs all day if they allowed it, hating the rigidity of the school uniforms. She'd been expecting to head to the common room and grab a glass of water but instead she was greeted at the door. An eyebrow raised as Joran called out to her from where he was standing.

"Hello Joran, whatcha' need?" She asked him nicely, half wondering if he needed help with something Quidditch related or was just being friendly. Before she could really dive into her curiosity he was handing over a box and she instantly burst into a smile. "Well aint you jus a little Greuceanu." She told him as she beamed, referring to him as the hero who rescued the kidnapped sun and moon and returned light to the world in her people's folklore. It was a compliment, and she meant it, Miha loved getting gifts.

"Either way I'm outta' here in a few weeks." She told him with a wink as she began pulling open the ribbon of the box to find a Drakonya Krov jersey. She gripped the jersey and let the box fall to the floor between their feet. Taking a look at it she saw it had the names of many of their current and former team mates and she adored it. "Well damn kid this is the best." She held the jersey with one hand and used the free one to pull him into a half hug. "Thanks."
When I die, let the wolves enjoy my bones. When I die, let me go.

When I die, let the flames devour me. When I die, set me free.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 05:59:14 AM »
Mihaela had no business being that playful with Joran, whom at this point was blushing though he knew she was just being her usual friendly self. Her boyfriend would absolutely kill him if he knew she got a gift from a guy, even if it was from the whole team, technically. He shuffled uncomfortably as she opened it, and judging by her reaction, he thought he'd hit his mark with the gift. What he wasn't prepared for was the hug she gave him, which he awkwardly returned, before settling back into his own space.

"I was thinking," trying to maintain a even tone as he said this, still shaken by the sudden hug, "that eventually you could frame it, and hang it up wherever you go next to remind yourself of your team." He looked down in embarrassment, scratching his head, and continued, "Of course, you can do whatever you want with it." he laughed nervously as he felt the weight of her presence.

Joran normally wasn't this nervous, but Mihaela Lupesco was absolutely one of his heroes. He couldn't help by being temporarily taken by her star power. "You think I'd make a good starter next year?" He asked suddenly, not really knowing why he wanted to know, but he valued her opinion even if she wasn't going to be in charge next year. He deeply regretted not being good enough for reserve his first year. "I've been practicing really hard, and I've been learning from my camps in the summer." he found himself pitching himself to Mihaela, even though he knew there was nothing she could do now. Maybe that's what made it easier; there was no pressure, just the possible crushing reality of his perceived ineptitude.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 01:05:16 AM »
"Oh yeah this will look amazing back in Scoarta." She said, holding up the jersey again and falling in love with his idea of framing it. She wasn't exactly the crafty type, not even for something as simple as framing a shirt, but she knew her cousin Miki would be up to the challenge. She'd ask her about it when they returned to the village. "Then I can show off a little to the wizards who still think I can't play." She beamed at him, her eyes closing as she smiled so brilliantly. "Thanks Joran." She told him again. He was like a little brother to her and the fact that he had cared enough to get her such a thoughtful gift made her want to give him another hug. She refrained though, for obvious reasons.

"If I have anything to do with it hell yeah you will." She declared to him. He had definitely improved over the last season, she had to believe all the extra scrimmages and running drills with the first stringers had brought a lot of the reserves up to speed. She wasn't just the captain but Mihaela knew she had to curate next years line up too. With so many of them graduating they'd need everyone ready. And she'd make sure to leave her recommendations for next years captain (and by recommendations she wasn't above making threats and bribes for who she thought should play what). Joran had earned this.

"You aint got shit to worry about, all them drills you been running. No way your not a starter next term. Meant to ask ya, where didya learn that move you showed us last practice?" She had forgotten to quiz him down after they'd finished the other day but she had been impressed. And she knew she hadn't taught it to him. Must of been one of those camps he'd mentioned.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 05:30:59 AM »
It was almost as if the lights in the room brightened as she spoke and smiled, something that could have probably killed a mere muggle. He smiled shyly as she thanked him, "You're welcome, Miha." He'd planned a card too, but he decided against it at the last minute as cards can be easily misplaced. This, not so much. He loved making people happy and feel good. He thought that, had he been a Hogwartian, he'd be Hufflepuff. Now, he was sitting with his idol, her singing his praises.

The blush was probably evident, as the Swede's pale skin couldn't hide the red that rose from his cheeks. "Tha-That's awesome to hear, especially coming from you Mihaela. Again, his hand when to his neck, massaging it as if to calm himself down. He listened to her as she continued on, wanting to hear his exploits at Quidditch Camp. He was absolutely overjoyed at the chance to show techniques to her.

"Well, we had a keeper from the National Swedish Team show us a little bit of what he did to defend the hoops against a particularly nasty attack from Norway." he kind of showed her using objects that he found in the vicinity. "He'd gone to the middle to defend against the full chaser team, they were passing between each other on their way there, so he couldn't get a beat on just where it would go," he looked up, just making sure she was following his attempt at pantomiming a game play, "when they finally released the ball he had his back to the left goal, so he had go upside down and bat the ball away with his broom!" Although they lost the game, he won MVP for that play alone. He was pretty comfortable talking about quidditch, and would gladly talk anyone's ear off as was evident by what was currently happening. "If it wasn't that one, I don't remember what other one it could be!"

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 05:03:24 AM »
The Romanian witch didn't miss his blush, but she didn't mention it either. She kind of assumed Joran had a tiny bit of a crush on her, granted she assumed a lot of the boys at Durmstrang did, so she let him have that blush. No need to mention it and make it weird. And Lev knew she'd never do anything with another guy, so she didn't worry about his cute crush. Girls were another story, but the power couple had a deal on that matter.

She watched him gather up things around them and wheel into a story about how he'd learned the move. Her hands clasped in front of her, the jersey looped over her arm, and she listened intently. While she had no dreams of turning Professional after school Mihaela did love to learn a new trick. She imagined herself sparring with Lev after graduation, they loved to challenge one another, and she was sure they'd practice Quidditch too. And she wouldn't mind having a few things up her sleeve for him.

"Well ain't that a kick." She said when he'd finished the story. "No, no that there is the one." She replied before she led them down the stairs and into the common room. She grew tired of standing at the doorway of the dorms and she was still thirsty. She draped the jersey daintily over the back of a sofa and poured herself some water. "Want some?" She asked him holding up the glass and then taking a big gulp. Some of it rolled down her cheek, she was messy and not in anyway one of those 'polite' neat witches. "Headin' back to camp this summer?" She asked, taking another drink.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 01:34:04 AM »
He shook his head when the Romanian Krov asked him if he wanted water. Even though he was probably parched after diving into that long-winded anecdote about him learning a cool move from his camp, he couldn't do anything at the moment but follow the witch in front of him. He sat in the sofa opposite the one she'd laid the jersey in and blew out a breath, trying to soothe his mentally rattled body. He was normally not this nervous around Mihaela at practice. Maybe it was the fact she looked all woman at this moment, save the drool dripping down her face at the moment. He normally counted her as one of the guys, but it was really hard to ignore her wild brand of femininity.

She was one of the guys, she was one of the guys, he told himself silently as he settled himself down. He felt guilty that he was crushing on the much older Krov, and not anyone of his own age. "So it was cool, they taught us a lot!" he said, a smile returning to his face as he talked about the stuff they did at camp, trying to get his mind off of the predicament he found himself in.

"What do you plan on doing after school? I heard Milos was going to Scoarta to live for a while, do be near the dragon reserve." he stated off-handed,  "Isn't Edyta also going to the dragon reserve too?" he said, remembering hearing the two talking about it briefly. "So you three will be close together I guess? Isn't that cool?"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:30:49 PM by Jared »

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 02:27:59 AM »
Mihaela shrugged when she declined her offer for water and headed to one of the sofas. She sat with her feet underneath her, powerful legs folded, and turned to face him. "Aint sure about Edyta but yep Milos be stayin' at Scoarta after graduatin'." It was weird to think they were almost done with school. Well not Joran, but a lot of her friends, and Miha wasn't sure how she felt about it yet. Of course she loved the idea of being an adult and able to do magic any time she wanted. And not having to go to silly classes. But she was also nervous about everything that was waiting for her back home. Just because she didn't have school anymore didn't mean there wouldn't still be plenty of lessons and responsibility. More so, probably. Being the daughter of the leading member of the council wasn't always easy.

"Gio too, tried to convince Valda I ain't sure she's coming.... might still be upset about the wolf attack." Miha shrugged even though she could understand it. Scoarta was a scary place, that was certain. The teenage witch set down her glass on the coffee table and finally answered his question. "Headed back home, I am, gotta' start training for the rites." She told him. "Gio and I are both entering this year." Typically the rites weren't done until a witch or wizard was a bit older but Gio and Miha had been preparing for this their entire lives. His mother was the top hunter in the village, so her best friend had just as big of shoes to fill.

"What about ya'? Whatcha' gon' do with out all of us here?"

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 06:51:25 PM »
He nodded along to her confirmation, sitting on the couch with his legs crossed, his hands folded in his lap. He did this so he wouldn't fidget while he was talking with Miha. He tended to do that when he was nervous or excited, and right now he was a little of both. He was excited because Mihaela Lupesco was making conversation with him, but nervous that he was interesting enough for her. Perhaps he was talking too much? Perhaps he was not talking enough?

Either way the Swedish boy felt inadequate to be talking so casually to her, but that was the type of person Mihaela was, and that's why she was popular. Joran was popular-adjacent, thanks to his addition to the team, but nowhere near the level of his teammates. He discontentedly shifted his legs, swinging his socked feet onto the chair. "I dunno how you can sit criss-cross like that." he commented, looking to the way she was sitting, "it hurts my legs just looking at that." In more ways than one, he thought ruefully.

His ears perked up at the mention of rites, then she asked him what he was going to without them. He didn't honestly know what he was going to do, he was losing a big portion of his team to graduating, and his other friends were getting hooked up with girlfriends and boyfriends. That left him with only like two or three people he could count on to hang out with on a daily basis. "Probably study and play quidditch, while my friends'll be with their partners and such." he said, rather startled at his candidness.

"But," he said, switching the attention back onto Miha, "Rites?" He was thinking ancient blood magic, or druidic healing magic, or one of those seance circles, intrigued with what said rites entailed. "Do they hurt?" he started with, rattled off a long list of questions for her to answer, hoping she'd forget about his admittance. "I know you'll be awesome at anything you do, so all you have to do is show up and rock it out, I'd wager?" he ended his interrogation with.

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 02:52:48 AM »
"Where is youuuuur partner?" She asked him with a mischievously inquisitive look. Sticking her tongue out a little Mihaela giggled, but really she did wonder. He was a teenager, it wasn't like he was a first-year, so naturally, the witch wondered why he wasn't making out in the empty classrooms like the other half of the Durmstrang population. Miha had always been so comfortable with sexuality, with who she was and what she liked, that she didn't realize it might not be the same for people. She was blunt about it too, which often made those around her uncomfortable, but she wasn't always clever enough to realize it either.

"Got any juicy stories to tell?" The seventeen-year-old gave him a little wink and a smile, not flirting with him specifically, but her entire personality could be classified as flirty. Mihaela was so completely devoted to Lev that she didn't even consider this to be flirting. This was just talking. And honestly, there were so very many things she saved for her boyfriend only.

Sitting up a little straighter when he asked about the Rites Mihaela nodded and gave him another smile. This one was different though, a little less devilish, a little braver. "Rites be da' trials every warrior in our village has ta' go through, before joining the ranks." She informed him with another little nod. "Like tests to prove your strength and reasoning, to prove you can survive up in the mountains." Mihaela assumed he knew where she was from because they had talked about Scoarta before but maybe not at great length. "Most don't take them til they are much older, but because my Pa and Gio's ma are leaders we've been training our whole lives. Expected to take them earlier, we are." Not that she was scared, Mihaela Lupesco wasn't scared of anything.

"It's hella' dangerous, they leave us out in the forest for a few days, all manner of things get curious." Mihaela had grown up around beasts, and evil things, and creepy crawlies, so she knew some of what to expect but she knew better than to be overconfident. She'd learned that lesson many times. "They can hurt if ya get yerself bit!" She finished with a laugh. "Lotsa hungry things in the Carpathians."

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!