June 01, 2020, 09:28:56 PM

Author Topic:  call me tomorrow i want the details [callum]  (Read 43 times)

Cordelia Leighton [ Daily Prophet ]
549 Posts  •  21  •  tragic heterosexual  •  played by Fosse
call me tomorrow i want the details [callum]
« on: May 23, 2020, 01:06:37 AM »
It had been a hot minute since the last time Cordelia had been to a regularhouse party. No, June didn't count - it was a rented house, number one, and everyone there had been famous and therefore it wasn't regular in the slightest.

But this? was a party party. Mostly young people (mostly Hogs grads between 1999 and 2001, Cordy had noticed with a sigh), in a dingy house on the edge of a little wizarding town. Someone's parents were abroad, someone knew someone who worked at a pub, so there was a keg and there was a dance floor in the basement and sticky surfaces in the kitchen.

It was her kind of scene, albeit one that Cordy hadn't been in for a hot minute. Boyfriend, reporting, trivia nights, weird interviews with ex-boyfriends, weird kisses with other ex-boyfriends - she had been busy.

But someone had passed her an invite with a wink and she had nothing else going on, so here she was, drinking sour beer out of a red solo cup and chatting with her new best friend, who had a first name she had already forgotten.. Someone had moonshine. Someone else had mushrooms. Cordelia had mushrooms. She was chewing and swallowing them. Wait, who had given her the mushrooms?

She whirled around in the kitchen, looking for whoever had just put the fungus in her hands. The image of that person was a little hazy from the beer, though, so if they were around, Cordy wouldn't have noticed. There was another familiar face, leaning by a window. "Callum!" Cordelia grinned, wobbled her way over to him, giving the other Hufflepuff a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I didn't know you were going to be here!"

@Callum Kirk
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 03:13:20 AM by Fosse »

Callum Kirk [ Magizoologist ]
8 Posts  •  Twenty  •  played by Mickie
Re: call me tomorrow i want the details [calllum]
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 06:01:48 AM »
London provided a reprieve while simultaneously instilling in him a different set of worries. It was always nice to see his friends from Hogwarts. Few of them had moved abroad after graduation, and some days he felt lonely knowing he’d always be a few steps behind. The sacrifice of quality time wrapped around his ankles like a thread, pulling lightly every once in a while, a gentle reminder of loss. He’d gotten a strong tug upon entering the party and seeing them all in groups. He didn’t know where he fit anymore. At least he’d had Indy to help soften this blow – until he didn’t.

The party was in full swing. Indy had abandoned him for Freya, but Callum didn’t mind. He’d expected it; Indy had always been weak for a pretty face. The thought amused him, actually. He’d wondered prior to arriving who his friend would’ve gravitated towards first. Freya was nice. Genuine. Cal was happy it’d been her.

He stood to the side, somewhat awkwardly, cradling a cup of the mysterious punch that looked nothing like punch between two hands. Every so often someone from school would approach him to make drunken small talk. He was fortunate to know his way around idle chatter, but it was always a little uncomfortable initially – trying to get over the bumps of clipped words and onto a straighter line of flowing conversation that was still simple enough for his buzzed brain to follow.

After the third similar conversation, Callum decided he needed to get some air. And maybe some more alcohol. His low level of drunkenness was no doubt contributing to his fixation on, well, everything. Finding the kitchen – he was sure he’d passed Freya and Indy on the way – Callum downed the cup in his hand and rested it on the counter. As the warmth hit his chest, he opened a window and let the cool evening breeze hit his face. He turned around, relieved for the brief peace. Callum’s gaze fell to the archway leading into the room when a familiar voice called his name.

“Cordy.” He smiled at her, placing an arm on her back as she enveloped him in a big hug. “Good to see you.” He meant it.

She seemed particularly bright and excited this evening, which was nice, but she also seemed a little wobbly, triggering his concern. “Are you… you alright?” he asked, eyebrow raised, mouth pulled up in an uncertain half-smile.

i   d o n ' t   n e e d   t h e   s u n   a n d   t h e   m o o n
t o   t e l l   m e   w h a t   t o   d o

Cordelia Leighton [ Daily Prophet ]
549 Posts  •  21  •  tragic heterosexual  •  played by Fosse
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 01:03:33 AM »

Cordelia grinned, pulling away from Callum and giving him an up and down once over, running her hands down his arms. "Look at you!" He seemed more... well, awkward in this moment, but overall, like, more buff? She squeezed his biceps experimentally, gave a low whistle. "Germany's been good for you. Wow."

She raised her head to meet his eyes, finally processing his question. "Oh, I'm great!" Cordelia laughed, losing her balance and falling onto Callum. She laughed even harder then, throwing an arm around his shoulders to help steady her. "I just made some new friends - don't know where they went, though?" Her head turned, peering through the crowd moving through the kitchen. "His name was..." Shit, had she forgotten already? "They gave me these, do you want some?" She reached into her bra, pulling out a few warm, wrinkled mushroom caps. "Taste like shit but I'm feeling great now!" Another giggle escaped her lips - they felt like bubbles, uncontrollable, light, airy. "But how," he took one finger, poked him in the chest, "are you! Doing!"

Callum Kirk [ Magizoologist ]
8 Posts  •  Twenty  •  played by Mickie
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 02:55:30 AM »
Callum felt bashful about being looked over, but he went along with it, lifting his arm and laughing lightly at the whistle. “Thank you.” He had been swimming more, trying to get out and go for more walks. There hadn’t been much intentional effort behind any changes in his physique, but it felt nice to be complimented, even it did give him a vague self-consciousness.

As she stumbled he instinctively reached out to catch her, resting his hands on her shoulders to help steady her. Cal opened his mouth to ask how she was doing again, but she started putting her hand down her shirt, so he promptly shut it to turn his head quickly. When she extended her offering to him Cal’s eyes widened slightly. Shrooms. Cordelia was offering him shrooms. “I’m good,” he said gently, “but thanks, Cordy. I’m glad you’re feeling good.” He chuckled, but decided not to let her run off on her own. It was tricky; Callum didn’t want to be overbearing. She wasn’t a child, and she wasn’t stupid either. But he couldn’t extinguish the worry. She seemed all right, happy even. She was bouncy and giddy and laughing and having a good time, but would that last the entire night?

He was at a bit of a loss for what to do. Callum turned, checking to see if Ariana or Camm were nearby to help. When he didn’t see anyone, Cal looked through the entryway of the kitchen. The party wasn’t packed, but it was crowded enough to make him unsure of whether they’d be able to find a seat. It registered to him a little late that she had asked him a question. “Good,” he stated, then wondered if he should have answered with more enthusiasm. “Really good. I went on an expedition last week, found an Arbear.” Then Callum remembered their setting and was reminded that she probably didn’t want to hear him drone on about magical creatures. “Do you want some water Cordy?” He was already making his way over to the fridge.

“I’m kind of thirsty, had a little too much to drink I think.” Callum was trying to keep his tone even and light.

i   d o n ' t   n e e d   t h e   s u n   a n d   t h e   m o o n
t o   t e l l   m e   w h a t   t o   d o

Tags:

* Affiliates

Directories & Topsites

RPG Initiative

Static Affiliates

Messiah, an original fantasy

Scrolling Affiliates

HOS
Click here to affiliate with Magical Hogwarts!