Author Topic:  Error Reports  (Read 48686 times)

Offline Albus Dumbledore

• MH Admin Account
  • Portrait
  • Trophy Closet
    • HP Lexicon
    • Awards
  • Player Name: MH Admin
Error Reports
« on: April 02, 2004, 09:54:29 PM »
You may report any TECHNICAL issues here ;)

- I realize you may run into errors on MH - and encourage you to report them. However, when you're reporting an error, please explain exactly what you're getting otherwise I can't help you fix it. Saying, "I can't delete messages" or something is ambiguous. Do you mean a post? PM? What? Instead, explain exactly what you get. For example, "I can't delete PMs; my page keeps timing out" would be much more helpful to me to figure out what your particular error is, and it'll help me fix things faster.

- If MH gives you an error message please copy the full error message in here. I know most errors the board throws and why. You cut down the time I spend on your case immensely by doing so.

- If something does not display correctly (which will usually be a problem at your end) please provide a screenshot. Don't make me guess what's wrong from a one line description.

- It won't send, won't delete, won't accept my password. If you encounter either of these problems please do the following.

-- close all MH windows
-- clean your cache
-- clean out saved passwords and form information
-- come back, if the problem persists you can report it.

and don't use IE that product of satan. Firefox is a perfectly fine browser.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:12:36 PM by Declan O'Dwyer »

Offline Dermod Larkin Morfessa

• Live without your sunlight, love without your heartbeat
  • Death Eater
  • just a malcontent who knows how to spell...
  • Trophy Closet Registered a wand from Ollivanders or the British Isles Sapphire Unicorn This member reached the Sapphire level before the 2017 FPP reset! Sapphire Matryoshka "My stocking made it to the top of the Winterfest 2016 tree!" This character is a current/former Death Eater. Pureblood Character Rich Family Member This member reached the Ruby level before July 2015! Deirdre's Followers
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Carys
  • Sexuality: Straight
Re: Error Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:13:43 PM »
My accounts have become unlinked and there's no option to re-link them.

I'm assuming its the same for everyone and is just because of the software update and will sort itself out soon, but figured I should mention it!

Cxx

Offline Daphne

• Site Owner
  • testing...
  • Head Admin
  • Trophy Closet Yup, yup, yup! Error 404 Driver not Found (Axel's "Goodbye to Gringotts" prize) This member reached Pebble level in the FPP before the reset on July 15, 2019! Happy pride! Happy pride! Thank you for donating to MH! [June 2019] Keep cute and kitty on~? Lunar New Year 2018
    • Awards
  • Player Name: Fee
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Sexuality: Bisexual
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 10:26:51 PM »
My accounts have become unlinked and there's no option to re-link them.

I'm assuming its the same for everyone and is just because of the software update and will sort itself out soon, but figured I should mention it!

Cxx

Correct! Upon reconfiguring the old theme, I discovered that one of the modifications was causing an error in the Admin CP, so I'm in the process of fixing it, but in order to I had to disable all modifications.

The good news is that I've found what's causing the error and am working on patching it right now.

Offline Tyrone

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 04:42:17 PM »
Hey, I’m been having issues with accessing the site for the past few days. Every time I try to load the default www.magical-hogwarts.com my browser just shows a blank white page. I can’t understand why it’s happening as it happens on chrome and Firefox, with my vpn on and off, on my iPhone and desktop, home broadband and phone network.

Today I figured out if I bypass the index and go directly to another page like www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=login I can access the site. It seems to work fine while I’m logged in, but I’m not sure if that’s due to the fact I’m using the Into the Night theme instead of the default theme or not. I’m too afraid to try changing it in case that results in me being locked out of the site altogether.

Offline Remi Park

• it's that time of the night a friend texts me 'what follows postmodernism?'
  • Ombrelune
  • even if it was for science
  • Trophy Closet The Lionids You've been disneyfied! Contributed at least once to MH Quidditch lore V's Sparkly Fam Bubble Award "Run!" This member is a former administrator of Magical Hogwarts! The Magic Ice Crystal "I rescued Winterfest 2015 and all I got was this bitchin badge" Upper Middle Class Family Member Beauxbatons House Cup (1999-2000) - Ombrelune This member reached the Diamond level before July 2015!
    • Awards
  • Player Name: EVIE
  • Sexuality: dislikes labels
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 04:57:39 PM »
this is happening to me too!

i   k n o w   t h a t   i ' v e   b e e n   s l e e p i n g   ,   i   k n o w   t h a t   i ' v e   b e e n   d r e a m i n g

Offline Tyrone

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »
this is happening to me too!

Thank you so much for posting! It’s a relief to know I’m not the only one. I knew from @Michaela and @Dylan the site was working fine for others so I’ve been stressing on why it isn’t for me!

Online Lianne

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 08:53:49 PM »
Hey, I’m been having issues with accessing the site for the past few days. Every time I try to load the default www.magical-hogwarts.com my browser just shows a blank white page. I can’t understand why it’s happening as it happens on chrome and Firefox, with my vpn on and off, on my iPhone and desktop, home broadband and phone network.

Today I figured out if I bypass the index and go directly to another page like www.magical-hogwarts.com/index.php?action=login I can access the site. It seems to work fine while I’m logged in, but I’m not sure if that’s due to the fact I’m using the Into the Night theme instead of the default theme or not. I’m too afraid to try changing it in case that results in me being locked out of the site altogether.

This has been an ongoing issue for a number of members. It's not an issue on your end but unfortunately it's not an issue on our end either. For now, you can keep accessing the site via the login page or another page besides the main index (I've been opening "recent unread topics" automatically.)

Please let us know in this topic if this workaround doesn't work for anybody, but at present this is the best solution we have.

Tags: